News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,554 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3286 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »
which of you lawyer types (or Gil) have any experience with copyrights?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3287 on: August 01, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 01, 2014, 04:40:19 PM

You trying to register the hockeenight logo?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3288 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 01, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

You trying to register the hockeenight logo?

That would be a trademark.

Copyrights don't have to be registered, or even claimed in any way before the fact, to be enforced (though registration and copyright notices apparently can be beneficial when it comes to litigation and awarding statutory damages).
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3289 on: August 01, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

Not a lawyer, but I have free law student access to research datases ... for educational purposes only, of course.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3290 on: December 10, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
How about a hypothetical for all you out there:

You're Theo Epstein and you're ready to email over to Jon Lester the full package of documents needed to ink him to his 6 year/155MM contract. You have to ask the gentleman who has them all on his computer (it's not on a network server) to send them to you. But he (let's call him MDAWSON, password "Todd") calls you back and says "Jed, I don't have them. They're gone." You're irritated he's confusing you and Hoyer, but that's beside the point. You go over to his computer as Lester's agent is calling Sabean, Friedman and Cherington back if he senses anything is amiss. "MDAWSON" confesses that he had decided yesterday afternoon to "clean up" his hard drive and evidently deleted the folder. The Recycle bin has been emptied. A run of the "Recuva" file recovery program has been attempted with no luck.

Unfortunately, your bosses "Tom" and "Laura" will not allow you to kill "Todd" or even simply throw him under the bus. What do you do?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3291 on: December 10, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 10, 2014, 01:28:43 PM

You're Theo Epstein and you're ready to email over to Jon Lester the full package of documents needed to ink him to his 6 year/155MM contract. You have to ask the gentleman who has them all on his computer (it's not on a network server) to send them to you. But he (let's call him MDAWSON, password "Todd") calls you back and says "Jed, I don't have them. They're gone." You're irritated he's confusing you and Hoyer, but that's beside the point. You go over to his computer as Lester's agent is calling Sabean, Friedman and Cherington back if he senses anything is amiss. "MDAWSON" confesses that he had decided yesterday afternoon to "clean up" his hard drive and evidently deleted the folder. The Recycle bin has been emptied. A run of the "Recuva" file recovery program has been attempted with no luck.

Unfortunately, your bosses "Tom" and "Laura" will not allow you to kill "Todd" or even simply throw him under the bus. What do you do?

If you're "CT" you simply switch allegiance to the "White Sox."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3292 on: December 10, 2014, 03:05:54 PM »

I call Winston & Strawn and ask them to send over a new copy of the file.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3293 on: December 10, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »

1.Can I run over him with a bicycle.

2. The major league players contract is pretty standard so I would just redo it

3.  There are forensic and disaster recovery firms that can typically get data off, but I eould unplug the computer and not let it be used
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3294 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on December 10, 2014, 03:06:51 PM

1.Can I run over him with a bicycle.

2. The major league players contract is pretty standard so I would just redo it

3.  There are forensic and disaster recovery firms that can typically get data off, but I eould unplug the computer and not let it be used

1. If it looks accidental.
2. True. Unfortunately, it also has other proprietary data in it.
3. I was afraid that this will be the last resort.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3295 on: December 30, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »
Has anyone in the Chicago area used this Unlocator service to avoid the dumbass blackout restrictions for MLB TV?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3296 on: January 08, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 30, 2014, 10:36:32 AM
Has anyone in the Chicago area used this Unlocator service to avoid the dumbass blackout restrictions for MLB TV?

It works. At least, it does for NBA League Pass. Thanks Desipio!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3297 on: March 25, 2015, 05:04:03 PM »
TPD. Anybody ever been to South Bend, on purpose? Thinking of catching a game at the new affiliate this summer and wondering if there are any burgers worth eating, golf courses worth defiling, or other doings worth doing.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3298 on: March 25, 2015, 05:39:26 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2015, 05:04:03 PM
TPD. Anybody ever been to South Bend, on purpose? Thinking of catching a game at the new affiliate this summer and wondering if there are any burgers worth eating, golf courses worth defiling, or other doings worth doing.

Better think twice on that. There's nothing worthwhile to see or do outside of Chicago or Denver.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3299 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2015, 05:04:03 PM

I spent a year after college living in Elkhart, about 15 minutes away, which is a nice place to ...

*blacks out while trying to access repressed memories*

... anyway, I recall the Notre Dame campus as being fairly picturesque and fun to wander around, if you've never been before. Fiddler's Hearth is also supposed to be a decent, extremely Irish place with good beer if you want to know what it's like to be Huey for a day.