News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,706 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3300 on: March 26, 2015, 06:08:25 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 07:33:31 PM
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2015, 05:04:03 PM
TPD. Anybody ever been to South Bend, on purpose? Thinking of catching a game at the new affiliate this summer and wondering if there are any burgers worth eating, golf courses worth defiling, or other doings worth doing.

I spent a year after college living in Elkhart, about 15 minutes away, which is a nice place to ...

*blacks out while trying to access repressed memories*

... anyway, I recall the Notre Dame campus as being fairly picturesque and fun to wander around, if you've never been before. Fiddler's Hearth is also supposed to be a decent, extremely Irish place with good beer if you want to know what it's like to be Huey for a day.

I don't drink good beer.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3301 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2015, 06:08:25 AM
TPD. Anybody ever been to South Bend, on purpose? Thinking of catching a game at the new affiliate this summer and wondering if there are any burgers worth eating, golf courses worth defiling, or other doings worth doing.

I spent a year after college living in Elkhart, about 15 minutes away, which is a nice place to ...

... anyway, I recall the Notre Dame campus as being fairly picturesque and fun to wander around, if you've never been before. Fiddler's Hearth is also supposed to be a decent, extremely Irish place with good beer if you want to know what it's like to be Huey for a day.

I don't drink good beer.

Huey drinks Harp.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3302 on: March 26, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 26, 2015, 07:47:54 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2015, 06:08:25 AM

I don't drink good beer.

Huey drinks Harp.

I do enjoy Harp.

And I apologize for nothing.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3303 on: April 16, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »
Anyone know of a guy/company that does good work with home networking? The house my SIL/BIL have in Chicago has some serious signal loss issues and needs a router-to-bridge-to-secondary access point setup, and I'm kind of tired of being the "Oh, Sean's coming over so he can fix our internet" guy.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3304 on: April 16, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 16, 2015, 11:05:13 AM
Anyone know of a guy/company that does good work with home networking? The house my SIL/BIL have in Chicago has some serious signal loss issues and needs a router-to-bridge-to-secondary access point setup, and I'm kind of tired of being the "Oh, Sean's coming over so he can fix our internet" guy.

Yeti, I sent you some info.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3305 on: April 16, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »
I'm just terrified that Yeti is the smart one in some family.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3306 on: April 16, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 11:52:38 AM

I mean...we've all heard about your family too, SKO. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3307 on: April 16, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 16, 2015, 11:53:36 AM

Hey I'm not the smart one in my family. I'm just the one that's smart and relatively sane. The one currently living in Thailand with his wife (who goes by the facebook name of Foxy L. Stargirrl) is basically a fucking rocket scientist. He's just completely off his rocker.

The middle brother's dumber than a stump, so that's fair.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3308 on: April 16, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

Hey I'm not the smart one in my family. I'm just the one that's smart and relatively sane. The one currently living in Thailand with his wife (who goes by the facebook name of Foxy L. Stargirrl) is basically a fucking rocket scientist. He's just completely off his rocker.

That's "Foxie L. Stargirl", actually.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3309 on: April 16, 2015, 12:18:30 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 16, 2015, 12:12:58 PM

Wouldn't know. Cut him out of my life completely. He flew to Thailand on fucking Christmas Eve, after having a "heart to heart" with his six year old daughter about why it's "too hard to be away from someone you love so much." Then Christmas Day she said to me "I can't wait to show my dad my princess dress" that she got for Christmas, not understanding that he won't be back for god knows how long, and at that moment I wrote him off. Mother fucker.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3310 on: April 16, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 12:18:30 PM

Wouldn't know. Cut him out of my life completely. He flew to Thailand on fucking Christmas Eve, after having a "heart to heart" with his six year old daughter about why it's "too hard to be away from someone you love so much." Then Christmas Day she said to me "I can't wait to show my dad my princess dress" that she got for Christmas, not understanding that he won't be back for god knows how long, and at that moment I wrote him off. Mother fucker.

Yeesh.  I can't for the life of me imagine voluntarily leaving my kids.

(Although I do occasionally, if I'm honest, imagine leaving them at a motorway service station.)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3311 on: April 16, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »

I know I'm me, but I've done well being the techie guy of the family. I just don't enjoy the idea of going up to Chicago for the weekend and spending half of it researching wireless network fixes

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3312 on: April 17, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »

Holy fucking shit...that breaks my heart...with a 3 year old girl myself, I can't imagine this...I love the twinkle mine gets in her eye when she's proud to show me something.  I truly hope she's doing well despite the POS.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3313 on: April 17, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »
Quote from: J Rod on April 17, 2015, 10:56:09 AM

Holy fucking shit...that breaks my heart...with a 3 year old girl myself, I can't imagine this...I love the twinkle mine gets in her eye when she's proud to show me something.  I truly hope she's doing well despite the POS.

Paul?  Is that you?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3314 on: April 17, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 17, 2015, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: J Rod on April 17, 2015, 10:56:09 AM

Holy fucking shit...that breaks my heart...with a 3 year old girl myself, I can't imagine this...I love the twinkle mine gets in her eye when she's proud to show me something.  I truly hope she's doing well despite the POS.

Paul?  Is that you?

You don't think Paul has, like, 30 kids by now?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16