News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 634,944 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3375 on: June 08, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2015, 12:05:27 PM
Anyone ever been to a Protein Bar?

13 locations in and around Chicago.

If so, what are you impressions? 

Asking for work purposes.

I found that they were serving healthy, flavorful food in a hip, trendy environment quickly and efficiently so I could get back to my day.

Seriously, though: there aren't enough wild horses in the World to drag me into one of those places.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3376 on: June 08, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2015, 12:08:11 PM

I found that they were serving healthy, flavorful food in a hip, trendy environment quickly and efficiently so I could get back to my day.

Seriously, though: there aren't enough wild horses in the World to drag me into one of those places.

We went a lot about a year and a half ago.  It tastes pretty good, but it was slightly too far from work with other options on the way, so we kind of stopped going.  Their breakfast was the best part of the food
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3377 on: June 08, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2015, 12:08:11 PM

Must've walked by the one in the Merchandise Mart 100 times since it opened over 2 years ago, and the one on the SUBURBS is viewable from my office window, but pretty much what Tonk said applies to me.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3378 on: June 08, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »

You'll like the first time.  And, slightly less each subsequent time.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3379 on: July 24, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »

does anyone still have a copy of the CRACK BACK movie poster?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3380 on: July 24, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 24, 2015, 11:06:55 AM

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3381 on: August 17, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »
We had a 4.0 earthquake about an hour ago. That is fairly modest, but the epicenter was probably within a mile of our house and it was likely pretty shallow, so we felt it like an explosion. According to the news there have been 4 aftershocks of 2.0, but we haven't felt any of them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3382 on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 24, 2015, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 24, 2015, 11:06:55 AM

It's every bit as glorious as I remember.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3383 on: September 21, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »
DPD

We're at that point where we're looking into our annual trip to sunnier climes.

We're thinking Cuba.

Who's been, and does anybody have any recommendations?

The one thing I'm seeing is that it is exponentially less expensive to either fly to Toronto or Cancun and use a Canadian travel agent.

But I want to go see Cuba before it gets overrun by vile Americans like me.

Not to mention, hitting a Mambo club in Havana would be a bucket list item.
TIME TO POST!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3384 on: September 21, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 21, 2015, 01:38:13 PM
DPD

We're thinking Cuba.

The one thing I'm seeing is that it is exponentially less expensive to either fly to Toronto or Cancun and use a Canadian travel agent.

I have a lot of friends/students who vacation there. There are some amazing resorts where there's a vibrant nightlife and a ton of entertainment (and I can get the name of one that a student enjoyed). The one knock against Cuba is that the food is fairly mediocre, but if that's not a dealbreaker for you then you should find plenty of stuff to enjoy.

And if you fly to Toronto on your way through and have some time to kill, let me know.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3385 on: September 21, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
DPD

We're thinking Cuba.

One of my friends at work just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba. Her Dad is Cuban, so they didn't have problems getting there and got around pretty easily.  

Overall, sounds like fairly disappointing visit.  She said it's much closer to a 3rd world country than she anticipated, and while American tourism is new, tourism is general isn't and so they're already pretty accustomed (i.e. jaded) to travelers.  

Didn't sound like, family-ties aside, she had a ton of interest in going back or recommending to others.  

My best translation is "It was cool to go to Cuba because it's a new/fairly unique experience, but all things equal, I'd rather just go to (insert any other Caribbean locale) next time."
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3386 on: September 21, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 21, 2015, 02:44:52 PM
DPD

We're thinking Cuba.

One of my friends at work just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba. Her Dad is Cuban, so they didn't have problems getting there and got around pretty easily.  

Overall, sounds like fairly disappointing visit.  She said it's much closer to a 3rd world country than she anticipated, and while American tourism is new, tourism is general isn't and so they're already pretty accustomed (i.e. jaded) to travelers.  

Didn't sound like, family-ties aside, she had a ton of interest in going back or recommending to others.  

My best translation is "It was cool to go to Cuba because it's a new/fairly unique experience, but all things equal, I'd rather just go to (insert any other Caribbean locale) next time."
DJ and I went to Cuba by way of Mexico City around 15 years ago.  The food was mediocre.  Families turn their homes into restaurants for tourists in order to pick up American dollars.  The best meal that we had in Havana was prepared by a pediatrician in his home.  Havana was fascinating. Think Miami Beach in the 1940's.  That architecture predominated in Havana at the same time, and not very much building has occurred since the Revolution in 1959.  A lot of the buildings are crumbling and dilapidated.  There is live music on every street corner downtown.  Most of their cars are European, except for 1940's and 50's American cars that are restored and better looking than when they were new.  In college in the 1950s I drove a 3 holed, straight eight, 8 cylinder, 1947 Buick.  I swear I saw that car in Havana, I recognized the dent in the trunk.  I don't smoke so I wasn't tempted to sneak some Cohibas back into the US.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3387 on: September 21, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 21, 2015, 05:17:20 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 21, 2015, 02:44:52 PM
DPD

We're thinking Cuba.

DJ and I went to Cuba by way of Mexico City around 15 years ago.  The food was mediocre.  Families turn their homes into restaurants for tourists in order to pick up American dollars.  The best meal that we had in Havana was prepared by a pediatrician in his home.  Havana was fascinating. Think Miami Beach in the 1940's.  That architecture predominated in Havana at the same time, and not very much building has occurred since the Revolution in 1959.  A lot of the buildings are crumbling and dilapidated.  There is live music on every street corner downtown.  Most of their cars are European, except for 1940's and 50's American cars that are restored and better looking than when they were new.  In college in the 1950s I drove a 3 holed, straight eight, 8 cylinder, 1947 Buick.  I swear I saw that car in Havana, I recognized the dent in the trunk.  I don't smoke so I wasn't tempted to sneak some Cohibas back into the US.

Good input, guys. Think I might just wait until it's on a cruise itinerary, do what I want to do in a day.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3388 on: November 26, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »
In May I had my left hip replaced.  Tuesday I got a new right hip.   Oleg, I am now a half inch taller than I was before the operations

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3389 on: November 27, 2015, 02:40:07 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 26, 2015, 11:42:28 PM
In May I had my left hip replaced.  Tuesday I got a new right hip.   Oleg, I am now a half inch taller than I was before the operations

Sweet.  Now all Oleg needs is to get his ankles, knees, hips, spine and neck replaced, and stand on a box, and he'll be approaching five foot tall.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.