News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,815 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3405 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 16, 2015, 12:21:04 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 16, 2015, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2015, 09:06:21 AM
Any of you cool people get with the times and try a standing desk? Opinions, if so? I'll welcome opinions of those who haven't tried them as well

Half my office uses one. 

I don't, because I'm lazy.

What I gather from people who use them - they seem to use them a lot in the morning and then as the day passes, they convert them back to sitting desks. 
But, as long as you have that option, they seem pretty positive about them for 4 hours/day or so.

I'm in a cube, which means I couldn't easily convert from one to the other. It could maybe be done, but it would be tough. That's my worry: I wouldn't want to just go from sitting my fat ass in a chair then to 9 hours a day standing

From what I've heard, it's good to do both (like the folks in Pen's office do). Standing for 9 hours a day just swaps a different set of problems.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3406 on: December 16, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2015, 12:39:46 PM
Any of you cool people get with the times and try a standing desk? Opinions, if so? I'll welcome opinions of those who haven't tried them as well

Half my office uses one. 

What I gather from people who use them - they seem to use them a lot in the morning and then as the day passes, they convert them back to sitting desks. 
But, as long as you have that option, they seem pretty positive about them for 4 hours/day or so.

I'm in a cube, which means I couldn't easily convert from one to the other. It could maybe be done, but it would be tough. That's my worry: I wouldn't want to just go from sitting my fat ass in a chair then to 9 hours a day standing

From what I've heard, it's good to do both (like the folks in Pen's office do). Standing for 9 hours a day just swaps a different set of problems.

I think it's still fairly easy to convert even in a cube. I've seen people rig these things in a lot of different ways. 

You just have to have some ingenuity.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3407 on: December 16, 2015, 02:35:02 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 16, 2015, 02:33:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2015, 12:39:46 PM

Half my office uses one. 

I think it's still fairly easy to convert even in a cube. I've seen people rig these things in a lot of different ways. 

You just have to have some ingenuity.

INTREPID READER YETI, TWO WEEKS FROM NOW:
Anyone want to buy a used, slightly dented standing desk?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3408 on: December 16, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »

Half my office uses one. 

Yeah, you'll definitely want one that can convert between the two modes. If you go directly from sitting 9 hours a day right to standing 9 hours a day, you're going to have a really bad time.

I built a standing desk in to my home office, but have a drafting stool I sit on when I need to give my legs a rest.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3409 on: December 16, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
True story: I once had the opportunity to buy a standing desk from Mark McKinney (I believe it was an ikea kitchen table that he'd converted some years ago).
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3410 on: December 16, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 16, 2015, 08:56:33 PM
True story: I once had the opportunity to buy a standing desk from Mark McKinney (I believe it was an ikea kitchen table that he'd converted some years ago).

Everyone in Canada knows each other.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3411 on: December 22, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 16, 2015, 02:36:58 PM

Half my office uses one. 

Yeah, you'll definitely want one that can convert between the two modes. If you go directly from sitting 9 hours a day right to standing 9 hours a day, you're going to have a really bad time.

I built a standing desk in to my home office, but have a drafting stool I sit on when I need to give my legs a rest.

I converted the full cubicle to a standing desk, and I'm looking at the route of a drafting stool. Best part of this project is that it didn't cost $600 for the desk like the 6 that our director's office purchased in the last year. Most of those are people new to the state and will be gone within 4 year because that's the nature of their jobs. So, fuck the notion that state workers are wasteful.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3412 on: December 22, 2015, 11:37:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 22, 2015, 11:35:08 AM

Half my office uses one. 

I converted the full cubicle to a standing desk, and I'm looking at the route of a drafting stool. Best part of this project is that it didn't cost $600 for the desk like the 6 that our director's office purchased in the last year. Most of those are people new to the state and will be gone within 4 year because that's the nature of their jobs. So, fuck the notion that state workers are wasteful.

PICS

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3413 on: December 22, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2015, 11:37:18 AM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3414 on: December 22, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 22, 2015, 11:53:04 AM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

Nice that you could time-share your cubicle with Oleg, Shorty.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3415 on: December 22, 2015, 11:55:31 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 22, 2015, 11:54:27 AM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

The pad is for him, obvs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3416 on: December 22, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

Seriously - this is PRE-standing desk, correct?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3417 on: December 22, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2015, 11:59:16 AM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

If Yeti "building a standing desk" literally consisted of him removing a chair and calling it a day I will laugh forever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3418 on: December 22, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2015, 12:08:50 PM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

If Yeti "building a standing desk" literally consisted of him removing a chair and calling it a day I will laugh forever.

"I was sitting before, but now I'm standing! Ta-da, standing desk!"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3419 on: December 22, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2015, 12:08:50 PM

Half my office uses one. 

PICS

But, of course

What would you expect from a guy who has a calculator sitting next to a computer?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16