News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,670 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3615 on: August 16, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
Quote from: LaStella's Beef on August 16, 2016, 09:38:52 AM
I get burnt ends shipped from Jack Stack on a regular basis and they are in my opinion hands down the highest form of barbecue.

"Seal in the natural juices"? "Kobe beef burnt ends"?

I'm reminded of the entertainment I had back when WGN handed out $100 LobsterGram prizes.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3616 on: August 16, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 16, 2016, 02:34:51 PM
I get burnt ends shipped from Jack Stack on a regular basis and they are in my opinion hands down the highest form of barbecue.

I'm reminded of the entertainment I had back when WGN handed out $100 LobsterGram prizes.

My step-brother-in-law (he's married to my step-sister-in-law, so I don't know what that makes him. Basically, he's married to my wife's step-sister) used to work for LobsterGram. I was continually amused by that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3617 on: August 16, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 16, 2016, 02:38:46 PM

My step-brother-in-law (he's married to my step-sister-in-law, so I don't know what that makes him. Basically, he's married to my wife's step-sister) used to work for LobsterGram. I was continually amused by that.

Your step-brother-in-law is married to your step-sister-in-law?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3618 on: August 16, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 16, 2016, 03:03:37 PM

It's a very liberal place, CD.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3619 on: August 16, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 16, 2016, 03:03:37 PM

Yes?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3620 on: August 16, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 16, 2016, 08:28:38 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 15, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: Eli on August 15, 2016, 02:49:08 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 15, 2016, 02:42:01 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 06, 2016, 10:05:10 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on July 06, 2016, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 06, 2016, 08:45:15 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 06, 2016, 08:03:54 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 01, 2016, 02:22:05 PM
I'm visiting Austin for the first time this month. Any suggestions?

I've heard tell that Franklin's in the best BBQ - it's certainly the best known.

Only open at lunchtime though.

Speaking as someone who has ready access to lots of amazing barbecue, no barbecue restaurant is worth a three-hour wait.

low and slow'd

THIS WAS IMPLIED

KC style is a boring old biddy.

I will not further engage with this obvious troll attempt.

You forget I'm from the Carolinas, where your use of beef and tomato-based sauces confuses and enrages me (though not as much as people in other parts of the country using the term "barbecueing" when they clearly mean "grilling.")

Mostly-earnest question: Any idea why the style limits itself to just pork? Then you miss out on brisket and burnt ends (KC's best contribution to the food world).
Fairly earnest reply: tradition. Barbecue in SC dates back to roughly the 1500s when Spanish explorers introduced pigs to the local native Americans, who cooked a smoked dish with them on hanging grills. KC and Texas of course adapted the cooking style in later years to the far more abundant in the region beef cattle.

To be honest, I don't care that much for burnt ends. I mean, they're good by any measurable food standard, but I vastly prefer pulled pork and pork spareribs.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3621 on: August 17, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »
All are welcome in my smoker.

Although, while I'm pretty happy with my sauce recipe, I've been thinking about trying a Carolina-style mustard sauce.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3622 on: August 29, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »
bump.

I had some cut-up brisket from the point end that had already been smoked and was in my freezer.

This weekend I tossed it with BBQ sauce and threw it in the oven for a couple hours.

Fucking outstanding burnt ends.

I'll never buy just a flat cut brisket for smoking again.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3623 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
Heading to the Cleve tomorrow to try to hustle our way into the games. Any recommendations for places to eat/drink near the ballpark before/after the game?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3624 on: October 31, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 31, 2016, 11:26:22 AM
Heading to the Cleve tomorrow to try to hustle our way into the games. Any recommendations for places to eat/drink near the ballpark before/after the game?

I know some locals who recommended The Butcher and the Brewer and The Greenhouse Tavern to me for before-game eats. You could also reserve at the Terrace Club, the restaurant *inside* the stadium. Great views from there. 

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3625 on: October 31, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »
So...one thing I've noticed since taking over SKO in one of the smoothest bloodless coups in history is that we're getting about 100-150 new account requests from bots every day.  I'm rejecting them all but it has occurred to me that with the Cubs in the World Series that there may be one or two legitimate requests to join in there.

What I'm saying is if you know somebody who's trying to join the messageboard let me know their username and I'll let them through the gates.

And if you're a real person reading this who knows nobody else here but wants to post for some reason send an e-mail to meatheads@hockeenight.com and let me know.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3626 on: November 10, 2016, 12:27:18 AM »
What's with the disappearing formatting of this shit for brains site? It's basically all white now, which is a little too on the nose in the wake of president-elect orange.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3627 on: November 10, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 10, 2016, 12:27:18 AM
What's with the disappearing formatting of this shit for brains site? It's basically all white now, which is a little too on the nose in the wake of president-elect orange.

Finally, someone else is having the same problem. I assume you're on Safari? It'll load properly on Chrome.
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3628 on: November 10, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 10, 2016, 09:20:17 AM

Finally, someone else is having the same problem. I assume you're on Safari? It'll load properly on Chrome.

I don't think it's browser specific. I was having the same issue on Chrome last week and it ended up resolving itself.

Maybe try clearing browser cache/cookies or opening it in incognito/private browsing mode?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3629 on: November 10, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 10, 2016, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 10, 2016, 09:20:17 AM

I don't think it's browser specific. I was having the same issue on Chrome last week and it ended up resolving itself.

Maybe try clearing browser cache/cookies or opening it in incognito/private browsing mode?

I've had no such rendering issue over here.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!