News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,183 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2007, 09:30:29 AM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on March 18, 2007, 07:38:52 PM
Bump-redirect.  Can anyone tell me the difference between the HP desktop computers a1750e and a1730n?  The only difference that I can tell is that the 1730n is available at retail and the 1750e is purchased direct from HP and is more expensive.

They have the same motherboards and the cases look identical at least based on the online pictures.  So they are basically the same thing.

The benefit of the online one is that you can customize some of the options and you generally don't have to pay sales tax.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
... el bumperino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I'm crib hunting in the Chi and my girlfriend found this ad on Craigs List. You boys from the North side might be able to tell me something about it. If anything good, bad, evil, awesome or untoward jumps out at you from this ad, please let me know... could save me a trip or encourage one to check it out...

QuoteHUGE 2-room studio! Blocks from Wrigley, Clark, and Southport! â€" AUG 1
Reply to: hous-344582761@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-06-04, 11:09AM

Large studio with eat-in kitchen, huge closet, hardwood floors, and new windows â€" available August 1st. This unit gets a lot of light from East and West windows, with great airflow. Kitchen is huge with built-in hutch, large windows, retro black and white floor, plenty of cabinet space, and a small patio space outside of the back door. Bathroom has a lot of character with perfect water pressure/heat and access to the walk-through closet. Main living space has enough room for a queen-size bed, desk, small couch/chair, and TV/media space. Heat (not that you have to worry about it now!) is free! Laundry facility is in the basement, along with a small yard area behind the building â€" additional storage is also available.

You can’t beat this location! A short walk will get you to some awesome bars and restaurants on Clark, Halsted, and Southport, not to mention being just a few blocks from Wrigley Field and CTA stations (Belmont, Addison, and Southport â€" when it opens up next year). Rent is $775/month (security deposit is also $775) and utilities are very reasonable (electric averages $15/month and gas just depends on how much you like to cook â€" usually no more than $20/month).

Please respond by e-mail or call (...) for more information and/or to set up a viewing! (***Photos will be added by June 11, so check back!***)

Thanks, y'all are teh ebst. ~ APP
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2007, 08:35:40 AM »
I missed the part where it gives you the address.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »

I missed the part where it mentions the freezer full of severed heads.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 05, 2007, 08:35:40 AM

Racine at Newport
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 05, 2007, 08:39:31 AM

Racine at Newport

Ooh, nice. Used to walk by it every day. 775 isn't too bad for a one. You should check it out.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2007, 08:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 05, 2007, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on June 05, 2007, 08:39:31 AM

Racine at Newport

Ooh, nice. Used to walk by it every day. 775 isn't too bad for a one. You should check it out.

Thanks. Will do. ~ APP

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2007, 08:51:03 AM »
How the heck does a studio apartment have windows on the east and west sides?

Oh, and enjoy that bathroom with "a lot of character."  That's what i say about my bathroom after i take a 10lb dump and the smell is wafting into the hallway.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »
Quote from: Augie-O on June 05, 2007, 08:51:03 AM

Oh, and enjoy that bathroom with "a lot of character."  That's what i say about my bathroom after i take a 10lb dump and the smell is wafting into the hallway.

I don't get how a studio apartment has two bedrooms. Oh, whatever. The girlfriend is pretty fired up about this. All I saw was "Wrigley Field." and "$775." Pets are allowed. Shit. I gotta do that. I can poop in a bucket for that.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2007, 08:54:48 AM »
My guess is that it's an old rehab, not that it matters much.. I once checked out a "quiet, tree-lined" apartment that failed to mention the blue line ran literally 5 feet behind it, shaking the walls.  My only advice would be to bring your checkbook (to sign if you really like a place) and that the difference in price vs. quality is really up to the landlords. If you look at 25 places at the same price, 2-3 will stick out and the others won't be very nice in my experience.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2007, 09:12:06 AM »
Quote from: BananaHands on June 05, 2007, 08:54:48 AM
My guess is that it's an old rehab, not that it matters much.. I once checked out a "quiet, tree-lined" apartment that failed to mention the blue line ran literally 5 feet behind it, shaking the walls.  My only advice would be to bring your checkbook (to sign if you really like a place) and that the difference in price vs. quality is really up to the landlords. If you look at 25 places at the same price, 2-3 will stick out and the others won't be very nice in my experience.

Yeah, what he said. Even photos don't do a place justice. Someone good with a camera can turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

Whatever you do, eyeball a place before you take it.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 05, 2007, 08:53:19 AM

I don't get how a studio apartment has two bedrooms. Oh, whatever. The girlfriend is pretty fired up about this. All I saw was "Wrigley Field." and "$775." Pets are allowed. Shit. I gotta do that. I can poop in a bucket for that.
It says two-room studio, not two bedroom.

I've lived in several places in that general area over the years, and $775 is likely to land you somewhere just above the realm of "dump."

If no one has mentioned it, The Chicago Reader (chireader.com) is another good source of apartment listings. You can customize your search by neighborhood, size, price, etc.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 05, 2007, 09:33:22 AM

I've lived in several places in that general area over the years, and $775 is likely to land you somewhere just above the realm of "dump."

If no one has mentioned it, The Chicago Reader (chireader.com) is another good source of apartment listings. You can customize your search by neighborhood, size, price, etc.

I did pretty well last year with apartmentpeople.com

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2007, 10:16:34 AM »
If you haven't tried or it's been suggested yet apartments.com is a good site and usually has photos of the apartments.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2007, 11:18:21 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 05, 2007, 09:33:22 AM

I've lived in the city for ten years and have had 3 apartments.  I've used the Reader twice and it has yet to disappoint.

The ad is a two room studio, which is just another way of saying tiny place divided by half a wall.  If you're moving in there with your gf, just be prepared to spend A LOT of time together in the same space.  Just as a reference point, my place is 775 per month, it's two miles from Wrigley -- you can easilly bike there, and it has a bedroom, a dining room, a living room (and a kitchen and bathroom, obviously).  That area is in high demand, so you get a lot less for the price.

Check out the Reader (www.chireader.com).  When you can, make a bunch of appointments for a Saturday and drive in and check them out.

Being from out-of-town may make it easier for you to use apartmentpeople.com or some place like that.  It's free to you, the landlord pays, but I think that the rent may generally be higher.

Good luck.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007