News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,097 )

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
Quote from: EG on June 12, 2007, 05:05:00 PM
I bought a Dell computer about a year ago and it's worked relatively fine.  A few days ago I got a notice -- out of nowhere -- telling me that my Windows software was no longer valid, and now I can't access iTunes, any files I bought from iTunes, Gmail notifier and any instant messenger program.  I also can't download and install any new software.

Of course my product is valid, since I bought it right from Dell and it's worked for the past year.  I went through Microsoft's website and "validated" the software, but the same problems remain.  Has anyone had this happen before?  Any idea how to fix it?  Besides buying a Mac.

Same shit happened to me with all of my Office programs.  So I downloaded OpenOffice and told MS to go f@#$ themselves.  Then, I bought an Xbox 360 game and cried in shame.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
Bump.

Overnight parking in Wrigleyville. I'm looking for a garage or private lot. Is there a place I can look online and find them?

I've got a hotel room to stay in. I just don't have a parking space there. Would it even be easier, cheaper to park someplace else and take the Red Line?

Help?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2007, 11:42:20 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 25, 2007, 11:25:27 AM
Bump.

Overnight parking in Wrigleyville. I'm looking for a garage or private lot. Is there a place I can look online and find them?

I've got a hotel room to stay in. I just don't have a parking space there. Would it even be easier, cheaper to park someplace else and take the Red Line?

Help?

This is a confusing set of facts.

Where are you staying?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2007, 11:54:10 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on June 25, 2007, 11:42:20 AM
Bump.

Help?

Where are you staying?

At the Comfort Inn. W. Diversey Pkwy. Right of Clark. My friends are taking two cars and going up Friday. Some of us who can't make it up Friday are going Saturday morning and won't have a parking spot at the hotel. So we need to park for one night, get to the hotel and then hit the ballpark for Saturday's game. Driving back Sunday morning.

I've parked downtown around Haray Caray's and taken the train up before but that was all I knew to do and it was about four years ago. I'm older and wiser and know how to use desipio now. EDIT: Sort of.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 25, 2007, 11:54:10 AM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on June 25, 2007, 11:42:20 AM
Bump.

Help?

Where are you staying?

At the Comfort Inn. W. Diversey Pkwy. Right of Clark. My friends are taking two cars and going up Friday. Some of us who can't make it up Friday are going Saturday morning and won't have a parking spot at the hotel. So we need to park for one night, get to the hotel and then hit the ballpark for Saturday's game. Driving back Sunday morning.

I'll be on a rooftop again Saturday, walk down Sheffield and yell Slaky and I'll throw a cookie at you.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »
Bump.

Help?

Yes, free is normally cheaper than paying, although you will need to pony for the El or bus (so it depends on how many people you have with you).  There is quite a bit of free parking about, although not much around Wrigleyville. 

The North and Sheffield area has quite a bit of non-zoned parking.  Try Concord (one block north of North Ave) between Sheffield and Clybourn, Clybourn has a ton of parking (watch for the meters and the times, some of it's non-metered though),  Marcey and Kingsbury Sts (diagonal, running just west of Clybourn) have a ton of parking too.  It does get a little crowded with shopping over there on Sat, but a spot will normally open up (it's all shoppers, not residents).  Jump on the El at North/Clybourn.  I have also found non-zoned spots west of the Kennedy near Addison (or just east and I mean just east, the wall-o-zone starts out pretty far from Wrigley).  Take the Addison bus.

Finally a zone ticket is only $50 and there is only a chance you will get a ticket, so all things being equal just park and take the chance.  It seems they cover an area once or twice a month, so the risk is not that high.  Caveat, this is my non-Wrigley experience, they might enforce at a higher rate there, as it was Wrigleyville that lead the charge for zoned parking in the first place.  Any Wrigley residents have a feel for zone enforcement around Wrigley?
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2007, 12:57:49 PM »
Parking enforcement has been pretty strict lately where I live (a few blocks West and South of the park), my feeling is that Da Mayor is looking to fill Da budget lately.  There is a lot across from the Days in on Diversey, so you may want to call to see how much it is to leave a car there.  Also there is a city lot at 1515 West Belmont (just behind Lincoln thats 50 cents per hour and tends to have spots.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
Park 10 blocks or so west of the field.  I live on Damen, and we are far enough away to avoid the cubs parking zone.  Its a 1.25 mile walk or a quick ride on the addison bus away from the stadium.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
Thanks, guys. I'm sure this will work out.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
Ba-dump-a-dump.

Cable (Comcast) or Direct TV?  Right now I have cable in my doublewide with an HD DVR on one set, and basic on the other sets, but I'm thinking of taking the plunge for the dish.  Wary of the $200 for the HD/DVR, though.  I'm an avid Big Ten fan, though I'm confident Comcast will work out some sort of a deal. 

Gracias.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 06, 2007, 10:27:33 AM
Ba-dump-a-dump.

Cable (Comcast) or Direct TV?  Right now I have cable in my doublewide with an HD DVR on one set, and basic on the other sets, but I'm thinking of taking the plunge for the dish.  Wary of the $200 for the HD/DVR, though.  I'm an avid Big Ten fan, though I'm confident Comcast will work out some sort of a deal. 

Gracias.

DirecTV. Easily.

The customer service alone makes it better. And I wouldn't hold out hope on Comcast and the BTN; a lot of cable companies didn't budge for the NFL, and I think the Big Ten is a tougher sell. DirecTV is adding a bunch of HD this summer, and they also have two baseball games in HD almost every night as part of the Extra Innings package. I know there were some complaints about the DirecTV HD DVR when it came out, but I haven't had any problems.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
Me, I like Comcast.  The bundled interwebs service saves a bit of cash.  The DVR is sucky garbage, but Comcast has a deal with Tivo and Tivo w/ On-Demand (no CableCARD limited functionality) will be available in the fall (at least that's what they are saying).  On-Demand is very nice.  Does DirecTV have that yet?  I had DirecTV a couple of years ago and they did not.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
Quote from: helloWorld on July 06, 2007, 10:58:12 AM
Me, I like Comcast.  The bundled interwebs service saves a bit of cash.  The DVR is sucky garbage, but Comcast has a deal with Tivo and Tivo w/ On-Demand (no CableCARD limited functionality) will be available in the fall (at least that's what they are saying).  On-Demand is very nice.  Does DirecTV have that yet?  I had DirecTV a couple of years ago and they did not.

2nd for Comcast.

If nothing else their HD is a far higher quality that D*.  D* compresses the shit out of their HD signals and it's only going to get worse when they add more channels.  And they've been saying they're gonna have over 100 channels added for over a year now.  The HD DVR is fine.  Not TIVO good, but it does a good job.  On-Demand is also worthy of a splooge thread.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »

I've got Comcast running through a Series 3 TiVo. I've also got the TV/phone/interweb bundle. Put me in the positive category.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
I haven't had any problems with Comcast (customer service or otherwise), but I'll reiterate what everyone has said about the absolutely horrendous DVR.  It drives me f@#$ing nuts when it's unresponsive (which is at least once a day).
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07