News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,881 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »
I love this thread. Turd Throw just walked Feliz and G-Rod comes up again. Butchie's had enough of teh Turd. I'm just a lover of life with a beer buzz. Probably a nice Howry for me on the wakeup tomorrow. But I'm going for number five at the fridge. Yes!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2007, 01:10:26 AM »
Quote from: BC on July 20, 2007, 10:31:27 PM

With losses by both SD and LA now 2.0 in the wildcard.  This is getting interesting.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007, 08:49:04 AM »
First Fat Albert was pissy at the Genius for not letting him bat in the ASG now the Genius is in a huff about Rolen. I hope they are in full meltdown mode for this week's series.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/3975EAA8E0C7BBE3862573210014EF1B?OpenDocument

QuoteATLANTA â€" Cardinals third baseman Scott Rolen returned to the starting lineup Sunday night, four days after undergoing a series of tests and accepting a cortisone injection to his problematic left shoulder.

The matter didn't end there for manager Tony La Russa.

Irritated by media descriptions of the club's treatment of injured players, La Russa insisted he had no knowledge of Rolen's struggles with the shoulder until approached by the player following Tuesday's loss to the Florida Marlins.

Rolen confirmed that he had told no one of his problem before Tuesday, a fact that did not improve La Russa's disposition.

"Players can't have it both ways. You can't say that you're good to play, then later on say that your play is affected. It's one or the other," La Russa said.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 23, 2007, 08:49:04 AM
First Fat Albert was pissy at the Genius for not letting him bat in the ASG now the Genius is in a huff about Rolen. I hope they are in full meltdown mode for this week's series.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/3975EAA8E0C7BBE3862573210014EF1B?OpenDocument

QuoteATLANTA â€" Cardinals third baseman Scott Rolen returned to the starting lineup Sunday night, four days after undergoing a series of tests and accepting a cortisone injection to his problematic left shoulder.

The matter didn't end there for manager Tony La Russa.

Irritated by media descriptions of the club's treatment of injured players, La Russa insisted he had no knowledge of Rolen's struggles with the shoulder until approached by the player following Tuesday's loss to the Florida Marlins.

Rolen confirmed that he had told no one of his problem before Tuesday, a fact that did not improve La Russa's disposition.

"Players can't have it both ways. You can't say that you're good to play, then later on say that your play is affected. It's one or the other," La Russa said.

Have to wonder if LaRussa is playing the "Get them mad at you so they'll go out and prove you wrong" card... The sad thing about all of this is that the Cardinals could be tied for first in the loss column by the time this week is over if everything breaks right for them. They would need to sweep the three-game series against the Cubs and the four-game series against the Brewers with the Brew Crew also losing their games this week before playing the Cards and have the Cubs lose at least one game at Cincy. Not likely, but knowing the Cubs' luck, the chances of it happening jump by at least 10 percent...

It would be nice to sweep the Cardinals, but I would like to see the Cubs just not let them get back into the race like they did in '04 with Houston. Just win two of these three games and then let the Brewers deal with that team.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

Tomorrow night we have Big Z, who has been pitching like Cy Young, Christy Mathewson, and Satchel Paige all rolled into one, against Kip Wells, who has been pitching like Kip Wells.

I expect Z to not get out of the first, and Wells to throw a no-hitter. Yellon's nipples will explode with delight.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »
Quote from: BC on July 23, 2007, 10:45:30 AM
It would be nice to sweep the Cardinals, but I would like to see the Cubs just not let them get back into the race like they did in '04 with Houston. Just win two of these three games and then let the Brewers deal with that team.
The Chief Instigator of that fiasco is gone.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
Quote from: BC on July 23, 2007, 10:45:30 AM
Just win two of these three games and then let the Brewers deal with that team.

Coming off two nut-crunching games where the Cubs' offense started showing the signs of Lee's absence, and with this team at the healthiest it's been all season by the time this series pops the top off tomorrow night, anything less than a sweep against this team--ya, even on the road--will be a disappointment for me.  Finish these Tards off early for once.  A sweep will pretty much do it and get the Cubs' mojo back. 

8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »
Dave "I've got a huge" Bush is currently helping the Brewers lose. Bottom six, 4-3 Cincy.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2007, 01:47:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on July 26, 2007, 01:22:32 PM
Dave "I've got a huge" Bush is currently helping the Brewers lose. Bottom six, 4-3 Cincy.

Well, I jinxed that. Fucking Kirk Saarloos is a overvoweled Dutch asshole.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on July 26, 2007, 01:47:16 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on July 26, 2007, 01:22:32 PM

Well, I jinxed that. f@#$ing Kirk Saarloos is a overvoweled Dutch asshole.

Braun just grounded into DP with the bases loaded and 1 out. Still 4-4.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
Did anyone catch the botched hit and run with Prince on first, someone on 3rd, and 1 out in the Brewers' 8th last night?  Jenkins K's swinging, Prince is running, the catcher drops the ball on the exchange, takes a good full second to find it, picks it up, guns to 2nd.  Prince is still out by 20 feet, but instead of running to tag him--he was a smart fatass and just plopped down in the middle of the basepath--the Reds SS throws home to gun down the guy at 3rd trying to score.

Score it 2-6-3 CS to end the 8th on a strike-em-out, throw-em-out DP.  I'm still laughing about this one.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 26, 2007, 02:11:48 PM
Did anyone catch the botched hit and run with Prince on first, someone on 3rd, and 1 out in the Brewers' 8th last night?  Jenkins K's swinging, Prince is running, the catcher drops the ball on the exchange, takes a good full second to find it, picks it up, guns to 2nd.  Prince is still out by 20 feet, but instead of running to tag him--he was a smart fatass and just plopped down in the middle of the basepath--the Reds SS throws home to gun down the guy at 3rd trying to score.

Score it 2-6-3 CS to end the 8th on a strike-em-out, throw-em-out DP.  I'm still laughing about this one.

What's even funnier is that Ned Yost said that the runners were following his play design.  Apparently, if a hit-and-run with runners at the corners and 2 outs fails, they're supposed to treat it as a double steal with the hope being that the runner on 3rd could score before the runner on 1st is tagged out.  Sadly, that's just the kind of play that would have succeeded with ODC behind the plate.

Meanwhile, CoCo (as the Miller Park scoreboard calls him - I kid you not) blows the save.  Norris Hopper?  Are you kidding me?
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »
Cordero finishes his pants shitting, Brewers lose 6-5.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2007, 02:55:54 PM »
Quote from: JS on July 26, 2007, 02:52:32 PM
Cordero finishes his pants shitting, Brewers lose 6-5.

I won't mention who had the winning run, but I just VORPed in my mouth a little.  The wheels seem to be falling off the Brewers wagon.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.