News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,242 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2007, 11:46:10 PM »
Quote from: DPappy on July 28, 2007, 10:41:01 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on July 28, 2007, 10:06:55 PM
Yeah, no shit. The Tards are finished. But the Astros! Oh, buddy, the Astros give me fits when I sleep. I'm also scared of the boogie man, the Detroit Lions, Peter King and Al Gore.

Heh heh heh...

They traded Dan Wheeler to Tampa Bay for Ty Wigginton.  It's funny to think that a team that's 10.5 games back is buying instead of selling, but this IS the Astros we're talking about here....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2952871

First, I'd hardly call a team that picks up Ty Wigginton--the same Ty Wigginton that sucks so bad Pittsburgh wouldn't keep him--a 'buyer.'  I think that Morgan Ensberg's stock just fell to junk status.

Second, this one time last year around this time of year in Pittsburgh, the Cardinals got swept by the Pirates.  True story.

If the Cards win the division, I think a Scott Eyre fourthmeal quality photoshop needs to be done on that chic, only giving her a Cubs' and/or Brewers jersey because that's the only way the Cards win this division.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AqVQqoaOsrlg.oaM8H3Svd4RvLYF?gid=270729124

QuoteThe Brewers (57-48) were swept by the Cardinals in a doubleheader on Saturday, as their division lead over the second-place Chicago Cubs was reduced to just 1 1/2 games.

"I don't care about the Cubs," Milwaukee manager Ned Yost told the team's official Web site. "This is July and we have a lot of things to worry about other than the Cubs."
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 29, 2007, 09:20:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AqVQqoaOsrlg.oaM8H3Svd4RvLYF?gid=270729124

QuoteThe Brewers (57-48) were swept by the Cardinals in a doubleheader on Saturday, as their division lead over the second-place Chicago Cubs was reduced to just 1 1/2 games.

"I don't care about the Cubs," Milwaukee manager Ned Yost told the team's official Web site. "This is July and we have a lot of things to worry about other than the Cubs."

He's right. It seems Butchie's bullpen has collapsed. Mr. Cordero is very hittable and his other alternative is... heh heh heh!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

hammerman

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:21 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 28, 2007, 11:46:10 PM
First, I'd hardly call a team that picks up Ty Wigginton--the same Ty Wigginton that sucks so bad Pittsburgh wouldn't keep him--a 'buyer.'  I think that Morgan Ensberg's stock just fell to junk status.

QFT - Houston just designated Ensberg for assignment:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-astros-ensberg&prov=ap&type=lgns

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »
Anyone and everyone needs to see what's going on in St. Louis right now. Wow!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2007, 04:32:42 PM »
Im there slaky... watching on gamecast the brewers walking in the 6th run after being up 5-0.  Milwaukee is doing its best "Cubs in May" imitation.  1/2 Game back, here we come!
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2007, 04:34:32 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 29, 2007, 04:32:42 PM
Im there slaky... watching on gamecast the brewers walking in the 6th run after being up 5-0.  Milwaukee is doing its best "Cubs in May" imitation.  1/2 Game back, here we come!

9-5 STL....The Grand Pujols hit a three run double. WOW.

Half a game is a mere few minutes away.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
... Followed by a bases clearing double by Carols Villanueva (good thing the Cubs got the good Carlos pitchers).  9-5 Cards, top of the 9th.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
Fittingly (since this thread is named after him) Turd Throw was charged with 4 ER in a third of an inning. Impressive work by Emo boy.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »
I wouldn't be celebrating this, in fact I think what has happened in St. Louis this weekend was the second worst-case scenario for the Cubs behind only a four-game Brew Crew sweep... What this does is give the Cardinals confidence they can come back (Only 5.5 behind the Cubs and 5 back in the loss column) while convince the Brewers they need to make another move or two to try to stay in contention. The Cardinals had been talking about selling some parts of their bullpen (Which had been the one bright spot on a struggling team), but now with their team not as struggling they won't be selling. If they have two hot weeks and the Brewers and Cubs have two cold weeks, they're in first. In fact, I have seen several times in the past where the Cardinals win just one game like they did this weekend and then go on an unbelievable hot streak which if you had seen them a game before they started the streak you would never think they could put together such a winning stretch. With the three teams' schedules for the next two weeks, it isn't impossible for that scenario to play out and then they are facing the Brewers and Cubs with a chance to build a four or five-game lead of their own in the division. And, frankly, the Cubs have played MUCH better when they are the ones doing the chasing instead of early in the season when most of the media thought they would win the division just through their offseason spending.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »
Done 9-5 STL.  Also worth noting that since this thread has started (a few days before Friday night at the fights), the Cubs have gained 5.5 games on Milwaukee, 8 games from their furthest point back.  Gaining 3 games when you are on the road (and go 4-2) is spectacular.  And the Cubs could be in first before Barry gets the HR record, never thought that could happen.

And BC-  the Redbirds do not scare me, as they have no starting pitching, and none is available.  Meanwhile, the Cubs do the opposite of what happened against the snakes last weekend  (where they had a big win, and two bad losses) and are doing what a good team does, beat bad teams wherever, while the Brewers cannot win at all on the road (now 21-32 on the road).

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2007, 05:01:15 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 29, 2007, 04:51:44 PM
And BC-  the Redbirds do not scare me, as they have no starting pitching, and none is available.  

Hasn't stopped them this weekend (Down 6-0 and 5-0 in two different games) and hasn't stopped them in the past. Their offense waking up scares me a ton. If Rolen is getting hot, and it appears he is, not many teams are going to be able to shut down a healthy Pujols-Duncan-Rolen for a whole game. And their bullpen is good enough to where they can hold a team even if the starter gives up five or six runs. Everybody here seems to want to discount the Cardinals, but that shouldn't be done. They have a good bullpen, a solid middle of the order if Rolen is coming back to form, and they just won it all last year. Plus you can't discount luck, if it comes down to that factor for the Cubs, well we know what happens when luck plays a role in Cubs baseball...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2007, 05:18:08 PM »
BC- The Cards can't keep scoring 6+ runs a game to win.  Also, they just took 4 games from a slumping team that is regressing to the mean.  The Cubs took 2 of 3 from them in the new urinal just this week.  Teams eventually need starters to step up, and without Carpenter the Cards don't have a good one.  Rolen is smoke and mirrors at this point, he'll at least tweak something and miss 2 or 3 weeks at some point.  Also, who are the Brewers going to trade?  They've already promoted their top prospects to the majors.  Melvin isn't stupid, so there's no way he's trading Braun, Gallardo, Weeks, Fielder or Hardy for what's available on the market.  If he does, it won't make the team significantly better this year, and it cripples them in years to come.  You can't trade when you have nothing to give.  The Cubs are a half game out, and are playing good baseball for the first time in seemingly forever.  I've never seen the Cubs play as well as they have in the past 6 weeks, so enjoy it.  Fuck, you're making Chuck look like a goddamn ray of sunshine with this nonsense.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »
BC just wants to go on record in teh EXTREMELY unlikely event that the Cardinals do pull off a miracle and make the playoffs.  If they do, then he can say that he told us so. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2007, 05:41:28 PM »
I listened to Bob Uecker's call of this game on the radio.  He was obviously pained, but he took it well.  I like the guy, but it was good stuff, considering what it does for us.  Steve Stone always talked about the importance of # of losses in a pennant race.  Milwaukee's 49 losses currently trumps the Cubs' 48. 

BC -- PUT DOWN THE F[size=0pt] [/size] UCKIN' CRACK PIPE SON!  Just stop it, you're killing your own brain cells thinking up this vile inane shit.  I always tell the guys to cut you a break, but sheesh, this is some real inexplicable bullshit you're drumming up.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.