News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,140 )

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
Quote from: TJ on July 30, 2007, 10:38:40 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on July 30, 2007, 10:37:18 AM
I'm not going BC on anybody but I'm not going to think about final standings until late September. Right now, I'm enjoying today, because today is a beautiful thing. I'm not worried about the Cardinals, the Brewers, the D-Bags or anybody.

Theodore Roosevelt Lilly, Ogdens. Just win tonight, baby... 

I'll drink a giblet of Hendry 2002 to that. Apex, when do you make your grand entrance into Cook County? Strogerville?

Monarch'd

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »
I'm not going BC on anybody but I'm not going to think about final standings until late September. Right now, I'm enjoying today, because today is a beautiful thing. I'm not worried about the Cardinals, the Brewers, the D-Bags or anybody.

I'll drink a giblet of Hendry 2002 to that. Apex, when do you make your grand entrance into Cook County?

August 18. I went apartment hunting all weekend with my girlfriend. Pretty depressing stuff. I go from being somebody with a good jorb and and a nice downtown apartment to being a nobody with an interview at the temp agency and a bunch of shitty apartments to choose from faster than Butchie Yost can raise his right arm to beckon the namesake of this thread.

But yesterday, I ignored all my better judgement and drove down to Wrigleyville, parked for free near the bike check and took a windy walk around the park with my sweetie. I bought her a tank top and showed her what the glory hole was for. The game was starting so we went to Sluggers and sat at the bar eating onion rings and watching the game. I went up to the batting cage and while she played pinball, I got my softball swing figured out. I've been dropping my hands.

Then we smoked a doob and stole a Chunky Bar from White Hen.

Then we went for a walk to sober up, got in our car and drove back to Indy. And I remembered why I'm doing this. Because I can't be the person I want to be if I don't take some chances, get off my dead, complacent ass and make some tough choices with my life. It'll be ok. See you in a couple weeks, Odgens.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2007, 10:55:39 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on July 30, 2007, 10:50:01 AM
I bought her a tank top and showed her what the glory hole was for.

I so want to meet your girlfriend.
RETIRED

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »

I'll drink a giblet of Hendry 2002 to that. Apex, when do you make your grand entrance into Cook County?

August 18. I went apartment hunting all weekend with my girlfriend. Pretty depressing stuff. I go from being somebody with a good jorb and and a nice downtown apartment to being a nobody with an interview at the temp agency and a bunch of shitty apartments to choose from faster than Butchie Yost can raise his right arm to beckon the namesake of this thread.

But yesterday, I ignored all my better judgement and drove down to Wrigleyville, parked for free near the bike check and took a windy walk around the park with my sweetie. I bought her a tank top and showed her what the glory hole was for. The game was starting so we went to Sluggers and sat at the bar eating onion rings and watching the game. I went up to the batting cage and while she played pinball, I got my softball swing figured out. I've been dropping my hands.

Then we went for a walk to sober up, got in our car and drove back to Indy. And I remembered why I'm doing this. Because I can't be the person I want to be if I don't take some chances, get off my dead, complacent ass and make some tough choices with my life. It'll be ok. See you in a couple weeks, Odgens.

Reminds me of when I moved into the city for the first time. June, 2003. You picked a good time son. A good time indeed.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on July 30, 2007, 10:58:11 AM

Reminds me of when I moved into the city for the first time. June, 2003. You picked a good time son. A good time indeed.

I first moved to the city in April, 1998.  I like this trend.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »
I think we would be remiss if we didn't arrange some sort of get-together where we can properly stick Apex with a large bar tab welcome Apex to town.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 30, 2007, 11:09:51 AM
I think we would be remiss if we didn't arrange some sort of get-together where we can properly stick Apex with a large bar tab welcome Apex to town.

I completely agree.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »
Zambrano since June 6...from Yahoo Sports.

And his numbers since his June 6 start are staggering: 76 2/3 innings, 37 hits, 31 walks, 77 strikeouts and a 1.41 ERA.

37 hits in 76 innings!!!
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
Quote from: bozos72 on July 30, 2007, 11:27:34 AM
Zambrano since June 6...from Yahoo Sports.

And his numbers since his June 6 start are staggering: 76 2/3 innings, 37 hits, 31 walks, 77 strikeouts and a 1.41 ERA.

37 hits in 76 innings!!!

Coincidentally, that matches his hitting since June 6.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2007, 11:40:49 AM »
More K's than baserunners? Holy shit.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
You know, this whole thing started when somebody asked Z why he wasn't throwing as hard as he used to.

I wonder what would happen if somebody asked the Big Moose why he doesn't throw 110 MPH?
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2007, 11:51:23 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on July 30, 2007, 11:40:49 AM
More K's than baserunners? Holy shit.

That's Marmolesque.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on July 30, 2007, 11:07:55 AM

The last three times I've been to Wrigley to see the Cubs have been in 1998, 2003 and...2007.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 30, 2007, 12:45:37 PM

The last three times I've been to Wrigley to see the Cubs have been in 1998, 2003 and...2007.

Fair-weather fan?

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 30, 2007, 12:45:37 PM

Ted Lilly shot at Kendall from the Brixen Ivy building and ran to the firehouse.  Jason Kendall shot at Lilly from the firehouse and ran to the Brixen Ivy building...
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07