News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,651 )

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »

Just in case no one else has reported on this:

"Shannon's restaurant dropped from wrongful-death lawsuit
Associated Press

Updated: July 30, 2007, 2:42 PM ET

ST. LOUIS -- The family of late Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock dropped a wrongful-death lawsuit against Mike Shannon's restaurant stemming from the player's death in April.

The family's lawyer, Mark Bronson, said he filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit before a procedural hearing Monday in St. Louis Circuit Court. The lawsuit had alleged that others shared responsibility for Hancock's death."
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on July 30, 2007, 04:28:26 PM

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The family of late Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock dropped a wrongful-death lawsuit against Mike Shannon's restaurant stemming from the player's death in April.

The family's lawyer, Mark Bronson, said he filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit before a procedural hearing Monday in St. Louis Circuit Court. The lawsuit had alleged that others shared responsibility for Hancock's death."

How did this turn into a discussion of Josh Hancock? Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 30, 2007, 01:28:18 PM
Let's say that...

This week:

Cubs go 2-5
Brewers go 2-4
Cardinals go 4-2

Standings would be:

MIL 59-53 --
CHC 57-53 1 GB
STL 53-55 4 GB

Next week:

Cubs go 2-5
Brewers go 1-5
Cardinals go 5-2

MIL 60-58 --
CHC 59-58 .5 GB
STL 58-57 .5 GB

Week after (Remember that STL plays both MIL and CHC):

Say the Cardinals sweep the Brewers at MIL while the Cubs can only win 1 of 3 from the Reds, then the Cardinals go to CHC and win 2 of 3 while the Brewers can win 2 of 3 from the Reds...

Cubs go 2-4
Brewers go 2-4
Cardinals go 5-1

STL 63-58 --
MIL 62-62 2.5 GB
CHC 61-62 3 GB

-----

That scenario is realistic, and doesn't even take into account worst-case scenarios that could see the Brewers and Cubs even farther behind than the 2.5 and 3 games back they are in this scenario.

Remember when I called you a retard and you got offended and then I felt kinda bad?

I don't feel bad anymore.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2007, 05:55:17 PM »
I can have my fair share of positive as well at times, but I'm not going to celebrate the Cardinals winning three-of-four against anyone, even if it happens to be against a team ahead the Cubs. The only time I would was if it was absolutely necessary for the Cubs' chances, and unfortunately that hasn't happened very often. I've been down this road one too many times.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2007, 06:05:38 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 30, 2007, 05:55:17 PM
I can have my fair share of positive as well at times, but I'm not going to celebrate the Cardinals winning three-of-four against anyone, even if it happens to be against a team ahead the Cubs. The only time I would was if it was absolutely necessary for the Cubs' chances, and unfortunately that hasn't happened very often. I've been down this road one too many times.

dumb

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

I rescind your fandom.  I don't know what road you've been down, but I'm steering clear.

Biggest Cub's fan and Greatest Cardinal's Hater are not necessarily directly proportional.  Don't try so hard.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »
I'm not going to celebrate the Cardinals winning three-of-four against anyone, even if it happens to be against a team ahead the Cubs.

Seriously, that's really stupid.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2007, 09:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on July 30, 2007, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on July 30, 2007, 04:28:26 PM

Associated Press

How did this turn into a discussion of Josh Hancock? Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse?

A pirate?  Well, that's hardly the image we want for Long John Silver's.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »
Bad news for my my favorite fantasy team; good news for my favorite reality team.

QuoteBen Sheets: Not Close to Being Ready

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Update: Sheets (sprained finger) said on Tuesday that he wasn't close at all to returning from his injury, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Recommendation: It's been two weeks since Sheets injured his finger and he's still weeks away from returning. The Brewers were hoping for an early September return and right now that may be optimistic. Don't expect him back before then.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 01, 2007, 12:30:33 PM
Bad news for my my favorite fantasy team; good news for my favorite reality team.

Update: Sheets (sprained finger) said on Tuesday that he wasn't close at all to returning from his injury, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Recommendation: It's been two weeks since Sheets injured his finger and he's still weeks away from returning. The Brewers were hoping for an early September return and right now that may be optimistic. Don't expect him back before then.

Sprained finger, fork in back. I positive.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on August 01, 2007, 03:30:48 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 01, 2007, 12:30:33 PM

Sprained finger, fork in back. I positive.

No doubt. This fucker is done for 2007, for all intents and porpoises.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2007, 02:05:15 PM »
How about this guy's rip-job on Dave Littlefield's terrible acquisition of Matty Mo:

http://umpbump.com/press/an-open-letter-to-dave-littlefield/

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2007, 07:39:22 PM »
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=53692

QuoteCatcher Johnny Estrada and manager Ned Yost nearly tangled in a dugout tunnel late in Thursday's 12-4 loss to the New York Mets, the Brewers' 10th defeat in 14 games.

When the half-inning ended, Estrada and Yost got into a heated dispute in the tunnel leading from the dugout to the clubhouse. Infielder Tony Graffanino stepped between them as other players milled around.

Damn. If Yost kicks dirt on an ump tomorrow the Brewers will begin their comeback.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2007, 09:21:15 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on August 02, 2007, 07:39:22 PM

QuoteCatcher Johnny Estrada and manager Ned Yost nearly tangled in a dugout tunnel late in Thursday's 12-4 loss to the New York Mets, the Brewers' 10th defeat in 14 games.

When the half-inning ended, Estrada and Yost got into a heated dispute in the tunnel leading from the dugout to the clubhouse. Infielder Tony Graffanino stepped between them as other players milled around.

Damn. If Yost kicks dirt on an ump tomorrow the Brewers will begin their comeback.

Let's hope all the calls go the Brewers way tomorrow then.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on August 02, 2007, 07:39:22 PM

Unless, the Brewers also trade Estrada away in addition to these events I'm not worried.