News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,702 )

Fork_The_Third

Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 07, 2007, 10:30:28 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on August 07, 2007, 09:39:53 AM
Not to be Al Yellon but they're in this thing till the end.  Better get used to it.

I would have preferred they start kicking asses and taking names in August, like they did in '84 (day games my ass).  Instead, it looks like they're about to play down to the competition like they did in '03.  Both seasons ended similarly, but this team blew their chance at getting some early-August separation.  Didn't happen cuz their rotation is barely average.  Thank God that these are down times for the NL. 

In any event, sloppy baseball or not, it's still better than them being done by now.  It's easier to read about the Bears knowing that they're gonna be awesome yet still on the backburner rather than have to absorb reports out of Bourbannais like they were drops of water in the desert.

I've got Bears and Bills training camp stories (for example, see today's online version of www.chicagosports.com's Keeping Up With...series) ready to keep me busy, but the Brewers won't let the Cubs die. Even if they are a minor league team right now with two good hitters and two good starting pitchers, they're in it til the end.

Because with two good hitters and two good starting pitchers, they are the NLC's elite.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »
I'm not going all Chuck and acting like if they're going to suck rhinocerous teet for two months that I'd rather they didn't back into the playoffs. I'm sure he can find a reason why that's bad for you and me or America or Israel Idonije or some shit. I just don't like losing to the Phillies/Mets/Astros a whole assload no matter what. And it doesn't make me feel much better to see that Milwaukee and the Tards suck too. Because if they suck, I want the Cubs to crush their spleen so I can sit in my living room drinking too much New Castle and laughing sardonically with my shirt off and then run around the house in my underwear again. But I can't do that when they lose and my bornflakes smell like rhinocerous teet, my Dr. Pepper's warm and etc. etc. etc...

Fuck Matt Murton and Ronnie Cedeno with the pole on Tal's Hill or whatever they call that big breast lump they have out there. Fuck until they drop and piss on 'em when they fall down. I hate them and their mothers and their mothers' mothers for making their suckitude possible. Damn it.  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »
If Lou ever bats Ronny FsUCKING Cedeno second ever again, I'll shit a Buick LaCrosse with XM Radio and 8 JBL Speakers. Possibly a GPS Navigator included. Too soon to tell.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 07, 2007, 10:43:17 AM
If Lou ever bats Ronny FsUCKING Cedeno second ever again, I'll shit a Buick LaCrosse with XM Radio and 8 JBL Speakers. Possibly a GPS Navigator included. Too soon to tell.

That would suck for you but somebody would probably enjoy that sweet ride you'd push out.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 07, 2007, 10:45:52 AM

That would suck for you but somebody would probably enjoy that sweet ride you'd push out.

I'm not sure the guys at the car wash would be too happy about it either.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2007, 11:05:29 AM »
Quote from: Fourk on August 07, 2007, 10:56:58 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on August 07, 2007, 10:45:52 AM

I'm not sure the guys at the car wash would be too happy about it either.

Who, these guys?

I don't think they'd know the difference. Too busy rhymin' for tips, G.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »

a winner is YOU!
+=

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
Yes, you are all right.  The reason for the Cubs' recent poor play is Matt Murton's .286 average and .375 OBP since returning from Iowa.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2007, 11:39:15 AM »
Quote from: EG on August 07, 2007, 11:30:50 AM
Yes, you are all right.  The reason for the Cubs' recent poor play is Matt Murton's .286 average and .375 OBP since returning from Iowa.

[Ike Clanton}Listen, Mr. Cub Fan. Numbers don't go around here. Savvy[/Ike Clanton}

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »

He's 4-14 with 2 RBI and 7 Ks. WOW!

His mere presence is a drag on the entire team. He's depressing. He reeks of failure. Deal with it.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »

You're right.

That's a much bigger problem than other issues...like the fact that all of our pitchers now refuse to occasionally turn their heads when the other team has runners on base.  Holding baserunners is a waste of time.

I'm sure someone will attribute that philosophy to Mike Barrett.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2007, 11:47:13 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on August 07, 2007, 11:46:14 AM

You're right.

That's a much bigger problem than other issues...like the fact that all of our pitchers now refuse to occasionally turn their heads wehn the other team has runners on base.

I suppose it's probably Mike Barrett's fault.   

Oh, you're a damn bastard. That's what you are.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on August 07, 2007, 11:46:14 AM

You're right.

That's a much bigger problem than other issues...like the fact that all of our pitchers now refuse to occasionally turn their heads wehn the other team has runners on base.

I suppose it's probably Mike Barrett's fault.   

Why even bother paying attention to runners when you already know Kendall's gonna lob an eephus to the wrong side of the bag on a steal anyways.

Hell, might as well go back to the wind up.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 07, 2007, 11:42:05 AM

His mere presence is a drag on the entire team. He's depressing. He reeks of failure. Deal with it.

If you're going to post more often than anyone else on the board, you should find some new material.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »
Quote from: EG on August 07, 2007, 11:49:27 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on August 07, 2007, 11:42:05 AM

If you're going to post more often than anyone else on the board, you should find some new material.

You should show more respect to the top poster around here.