News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,879 )

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2007, 11:04:43 AM »
Quote from: BC on August 13, 2007, 10:51:14 AM
After an argument yesterday which resulted in Prince Fielder getting ejected, he should be getting some time off in the next couple days if the definition of "contact with an umpire" is still the same it was a couple months ago with Lou's suspension. Yost also touched the umpire while trying to separate Fielder and the umpire, but that looked inadvertent.

Lou's was inadvertent, too.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »
Oh, no!  They're going to suspend Prince for the Cardinals series starting tomorrow! 

Oh, no!  I enjoy worrying more about the team behind us than the team in front of us.

http://www.desipio.com/images/media/laid.mp3

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
1. I'm not really wanting Yost suspended because, well, he's the one responsible for overusing the Brewers' bullpen and allowing the Cubs (Unfortunately also the Cardinals) to stay in the race.

2. If Lou gets four games for his "contact", then Fielder should be getting the same supension for doing pretty much the same thing yesterday. Of course, this being the same league office that didn't suspend Oswalt in 2004 for his BS and this also being the same league office that is run by the former owner of the Brewers, Fielder won't get anything and the umpire will be lucky not to be fined.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
Quote from: BC on August 13, 2007, 11:26:10 AM
1. I'm not really wanting Yost suspended because, well, he's the one responsible for overusing the Brewers' bullpen and allowing the Cubs (Unfortunately also the Cardinals) to stay in the race.

2. If Lou gets four games for his "contact", then Fielder should be getting the same supension for doing pretty much the same thing yesterday. Of course, this being the same league office that didn't suspend Oswalt in 2004 for his BS and this also being the same league office that is run by the former owner of the Brewers, Fielder won't get anything and the umpire will be lucky not to be fined.

So basically, Apex already said what you were thinking a few posts back.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

I get so angry when I read your posts.  I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
Quote from: EG on August 13, 2007, 12:18:55 PM

I get so angry when I read your posts.  I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

I've found it quite cathartic to just post them first before he does. It's quite a laugh when you read them for the second time. You can't do that with my posts though cuz you never know when I'm about to open up a tennis ball can on ya. You'll just have to stay getting pissed at me all the time. Sorry.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »

Quote from: ~Apex on August 13, 2007, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: Dave B on August 13, 2007, 07:36:47 AM
I'll bet Prince gets a game or three off for his meltdown with an ump yesterday.

Intrepid Reader: BC

There's no way he gets more than a game. Bud won't let that happen to his own team. Now if it was one of the Cubs doing that, they'd be gone for 5+ games without flinching.

You just made my morning.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 13, 2007, 12:29:04 PM

Quote from: ~Apex on August 13, 2007, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: Dave B on August 13, 2007, 07:36:47 AM
I'll bet Prince gets a game or three off for his meltdown with an ump yesterday.

Intrepid Reader: BC

There's no way he gets more than a game. Bud won't let that happen to his own team. Now if it was one of the Cubs doing that, they'd be gone for 5+ games without flinching.

You just made my morning.

Agreed.  BC should just quit right now.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »
Quote from: EG on August 13, 2007, 12:18:55 PM

Hey, if getting mad at me helps you get through the day...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:50 PM »
Quote from: EG on August 11, 2007, 09:55:01 PM
Quote from: BC on August 11, 2007, 06:48:17 PM
Maybe I was wrong last night. The Cardinals faced Lowe today and just flat wore him out. Ankiel needs to get plunked, he's leaned out over the plate and pulled pitches on the outside corner out of the park on two of his three homers.

The Cardinals have been outscored by 100 runs this year.  They suck.  They suck balls.  Stop it.

They may "suck balls", but they are only a couple innings away from picking up yet another game on both the Cubs and Brewers. I tried to tell you guys that the Brewers choking those games away in St. Louis was not a good result for the Cubs...

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »
Quote from: BC on August 14, 2007, 10:11:50 PM
Maybe I was wrong last night. The Cardinals faced Lowe today and just flat wore him out. Ankiel needs to get plunked, he's leaned out over the plate and pulled pitches on the outside corner out of the park on two of his three homers.

The Cardinals have been outscored by 100 runs this year.  They suck.  They suck balls.  Stop it.

They may "suck balls", but they are only a couple innings away from picking up yet another game on both the Cubs and Brewers. I tried to tell you guys that the Brewers choking those games away in St. Louis was not a good result for the Cubs...

Congrats.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2007, 10:16:38 PM »

And everybody else told you that the only way the Cardinals stay in this race is if the Cubs and Brewers both completely step on their dicks for three weeks. You didn't call shit. So quit acting like a smart aleck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »

Coming soon to a Wrigley Stadium near you: BC's wet dream, a four-set against the Redbirds and the potential for toldyasos all around. I'm sure he can think of nothing grander than a Cardinals sweep.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2007, 10:35:01 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on August 14, 2007, 10:17:07 PM

Coming soon to a Wrigley Stadium near you: BC's wet dream, a four-set against the Redbirds and the potential for toldyasos all around. I'm sure he can think of nothing grander than a Cardinals sweep.

I don't think that will happen, and I don't want that to happen. A Cardinals' comeback was pretty much inevitable, the Brewers' bullpen was WAY overtaxed by Yost and the Cubs couldn't keep up their pace from June and most of July. But, I do think the Cardinals will be in first sometime between September 1 and September 10. The Cardinals have easily the best bullpen of the Central contenders, and I say this knowing I'll get criticized, they still have the best manager in the division and they have experience and they have the luck factor. If Ankiel stays hot and Rolen stays healthy, they would also have the best middle of the lineup of the three contenders. All they would need then is even decent starting pitching to get the division title.

With the Cubs, I think we have a team that got really hot for almost two months and will surround that with an average month and three below average months. I predicted 82 wins before the season, maybe they could end up with 85 or 86 but I just doubt they can win the division. As I currently see it, the lineup's inexplicable power shortage and a shaky early-season bullpen will end up being a little too much to overcome. I think, in the end, that the Cardinals win 86, the Cubs win 83 or 84, and the Brewers ending up with 78-80 wins. That's a lot better than last year, but unfortunately I just don't see the Cubs having quite enough. The young guys were/have been kind of figured out, the starting pitching has gotten a little too inconsistent, and the lineup just doesn't produce enough power.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
Quote from: BC on August 14, 2007, 10:35:01 PM
... and they have experience and they have the luck factor.

You're now predicting LUCK, of all things?  Like, good fortune that is the result of random chance?  That's dumb.  That's dumber than the dumbest idea that Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless and Joe Morgan could come up with -- in collaboration -- on their most developmentally delayed morning.  I have no idea why you still post here.  The only thing I can think of is that you're the world's biggest masochist and you just love spewing your garbage and having each and every person on the board tear you to shreds.  So congrats.  I'm glad you get off on this.