News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,497 )

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 15, 2007, 08:30:47 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 15, 2007, 08:21:11 AM
BC has been taking a lot of shit for his Tards are going to win the division prediction, but honestly, does anyone else have that sick feeling that those fuckers might win it?
I was wondering this myself. The Cubs had fucking damn well better get their shit together, and step on the Shitbirds' necks this weekend, or their gay, dog-fucking asses are back in it for real. It really will come down to whomever is hot from 9/15 on wins this clusterfuck.

I guess it hurts all the more because we realize "We're all BC now."

Here's hoping the Cubs can straighten things out enough to ream the Cardinals at home. Then we can all resume shitting down BC's throat again.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
I don't think the Brewers are bad at all.  They aren't playing well, but I'm not sure they can play any worse given their talent.  That lineup is scary, AL East type of deep...and that's not going to change bewteen now and the end of the season unless they have a pile of injuries.  My gut tells me they'll finish OK and clock in with 85-87 wins.  They'll get Sheets back, Gallardo and Vargas are both nice as well.  Bush has the "stuff" to be decent.  That bullpen has just killed them though.  It was lights out for two months, but has been brutal since June.  We all know how that works.  It has to get better for them.  Milwaukee is my favorite to win this thing right now.

On the other hand, I don't see the Cardinals getting to 85 wins.  They'd have to play like .625 ball the rest of the way to get there.  That pitching staff is just awful from top to bottom.  Even if Mulder comes back, I don't see how they do that for a 45 game stretch.  Their only hope, is that the Cubs and Brewers both continue to play this way for the next six weeks.  They don't have good enough arms to run off a stretch of like 17 out of 20.  

Which brings us to the Cubs.  They can win 85 games.  But right now, there is just no consistency from anyone not named Theriot, Fontenot, or Lilly.   The rotation has been shaky, and this lineup without Soriano just isn't very good.   They grossly underachieved in April and May, and they played way over their heads in June and July.  Unlike the Cardinals, we at least know they have the potential to get hot for 3 or 4 weeks...because the requisite talent is present in the pitching staff.    

Honestly, on paper, I don't think this team is quite as good as Milwaukee.  I don't think this club will able to limp for the next 6 weeks and stay within a few games...so they need to get their shit in order, like tonight.   And I don't know what the easy answer is other than Zambrano and Hill pitching up to their capabilities.  The roster just isn't all that great.  A .500 team is just about what I expected at the start of the season...so I'm not going to expect a whole lot more down the stretch.  

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2007, 09:30:47 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on August 15, 2007, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 15, 2007, 08:30:47 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 15, 2007, 08:21:11 AM
BC has been taking a lot of shit for his Tards are going to win the division prediction, but honestly, does anyone else have that sick feeling that those fuckers might win it?
I was wondering this myself. The Cubs had fucking damn well better get their shit together, and step on the Shitbirds' necks this weekend, or their gay, dog-fucking asses are back in it for real. It really will come down to whomever is hot from 9/15 on wins this clusterfuck.

I guess it hurts all the more because we realize "We're all BC now."

Here's hoping the Cubs can straighten things out enough to ream the Cardinals at home. Then we can all resume shitting down BC's throat again.

BC is getting dumped on because he predicted a Cardinals hot streak "like he has seen so many times before." His breakdown (pun intended) had the Cardinals going on a 14-5 run to blow past the field. With fives games left in that stretch, they have already lost seven games (including five in a row to the Pirates and Nationals). No one really doubted that the Cardinals could win the division if the Cubs and Brewers collapsed; we mocked him (and continue to) for thinking the Cardinals are a good team or a team to be feared.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on August 15, 2007, 09:15:34 AM
I don't think the Brewers are bad at all.  They aren't playing well, but I'm not sure they can play any worse given their talent.  That lineup is scary, AL East type of deep...and that's not going to change bewteen now and the end of the season unless they have a pile of injuries.  My gut tells me they'll finish OK and clock in with 85-87 wins.  They'll get Sheets back, Gallardo and Vargas are both nice as well.  Bush has the "stuff" to be decent.  That bullpen has just killed them though.  It was lights out for two months, but has been brutal since June.  We all know how that works.  It has to get better for them.  Milwaukee is my favorite to win this thing right now.

On the other hand, I don't see the Cardinals getting to 85 wins.  They'd have to play like .625 ball the rest of the way to get there.  That pitching staff is just awful from top to bottom.  Even if Mulder comes back, I don't see how they do that for a 45 game stretch.  Their only hope, is that the Cubs and Brewers both continue to play this way for the next six weeks.  They don't have good enough arms to run off a stretch of like 17 out of 20.  

Which brings us to the Cubs.  They can win 85 games.  But right now, there is just no consistency from anyone not named Theriot, Fontenot, or Lilly.   The rotation has been shaky, and this lineup without Soriano just isn't very good.   They grossly underachieved in April and May, and they played way over their heads in June and July.  Unlike the Cardinals, we at least know they have the potential to get hot for 3 or 4 weeks...because the requisite talent is present in the pitching staff.    

Honestly, on paper, I don't think this team is quite as good as Milwaukee.  I don't think this club will able to limp for the next 6 weeks and stay within a few games...so they need to get their shit in order, like tonight.   And I don't know what the easy answer is other than Zambrano and Hill pitching up to their capabilities.  The roster just isn't all that great.  A .500 team is just about what I expected at the start of the season...so I'm not going to expect a whole lot more down the stretch.  

I'll admit a little of that July fight was evident last night. I was certain that it was over at 2-0 and 100% positive it was over at 4-0. But they definitely didn't give up. Maybe it's a good sign. I'm not really getting my hopes up.

Football is a nice distraction right now.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »
Everyone get off the ledge.  Leave BC on his own out there.  The Cubs will be fine.  Tonight they face some turd named Phil Dumatrait, who is letting people hit .395 off him this year.  And we've got Ted Lilly going.  He's going to murder the Reds.  8-1 Cubs win.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »
Quote from: EG on August 15, 2007, 09:37:20 AM
Everyone get off the ledge.  Leave BC on his own out there.  The Cubs will be fine.  Tonight they face some turd named Phil Dumatrait, who is letting people hit .395 off him this year.  And we've got Ted Lilly going.  He's going to murder the Reds.  8-1 Cubs win.

EG obviously doesn't realize the apparent hittability of the Reds' pitcher means Yellon will probably get his precious Cubs-getting-no-hit game tonight.
+=

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2007, 09:46:38 AM »

Someone had to be the voice of reason. I'm glad it was you. I'm hoping the wind is blowing out tonight.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 15, 2007, 09:41:19 AM

EG obviously doesn't realize the apparent hittability of the Reds' pitcher means Yellon will probably get his precious Cubs-getting-no-hit game tonight.

I'm TRYING to be optimistic here.  

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2007, 09:50:13 AM »
Quote from: EG on August 15, 2007, 09:46:56 AM

It's my duty to stamp out all optimism before it gets out of hand.
+=

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: August 15, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 15, 2007, 09:50:13 AM

The Cubs have been doing that for the last couple of weeks too.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: August 15, 2007, 09:53:45 AM »

I know, and it's like watching Chris Berman try to squeeze into size 34 suit jacket.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: August 15, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 15, 2007, 09:31:38 AM
I'll admit a little of that July fight was evident last night. I was certain that it was over at 2-0 and 100% positive it was over at 4-0. But they definitely didn't give up...

It was nice of them to take it to the final pitch. But Fontenot taking it to the ivy for the final out was kind of a bigger kick the nads than a routine dribbler to second would've been.

Quote from: Slaky+ on August 15, 2007, 09:46:38 AM
I'm hoping the wind is blowing out tonight.

But, but, but... VORP!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: August 15, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 15, 2007, 09:31:38 AM

I'll admit a little of that July fight was evident last night. I was certain that it was over at 2-0 and 100% positive it was over at 4-0. But they definitely didn't give up. Maybe it's a good sign. I'm not really getting my hopes up.

Football is a nice distraction right now.

Some combination of Z (for continuing to give up a run here and a run there every time the Cubs cut into the deficit) and Lou (for leaving him out there to do it) did a lot of the damage last night. Along with a total inability to get anyone on base against Aaron Harang ahead of the home runs.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: August 15, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on August 15, 2007, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on August 15, 2007, 09:50:13 AM

The Cubs have been doing that for the last couple of weeks too.

I feel my optimism beginning to shift to a particular team currently practicing in Bourbonnais.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: August 15, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
Quote from: BC on August 15, 2007, 08:15:32 AM
Quote from: JS on August 15, 2007, 07:02:45 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on August 14, 2007, 10:51:27 PM
Yes, nothing quite like seeing the Cubs and Brewers plummet back toward the bad side of .500 as the Cardinals fall ass backward into contention.

I wish the bartender would take this song off the jukebox. Is BC the bartender? Your jukebox sucks.

I'm not sure what's worse, watching what you have described here, or BC's driving of the Cardinals bandwagon. Maybe it's time for BC to have a long savory glass of wine and head over to Viva El Fuckwads, where he apparently belongs.

I'm giving what I see (Or have been seeing) as an honest assessment of the division race. I have hated seeing that team win practically every year for the last decade. It's even worse when they win with bad teams, which in my opinion happened in'04 and '06. The attitude of their fans is the kicker, however, it is as if THEY won the games. Not the players or the coaching staff or the manager or the general manager, but the fans. There isn't much that can be more irritating than that, in my opinion.

Try reading your own fucking posts.

Part of the reason everyone thinks you're a complete imbecile is that you're claiming the Cardinals are going to win the division with things like "luck," "know-how," and "being-there-beforeness."  You're as bad as Dusty sprinkling fucking pixie dust on the field in the 2003 season.  Todd Wellemeyer is STILL the Cardinals' best SP.  This isn't the Yankees trying to run down Boston.  It's the fucking shitbirds trying to run down two limping teams.

Seriously, I think you'd rather see the Cardinals win this thing and be right than watch the Cubs pull away and win it by 5 games (which they will, ogdens).

Also, I'm going tonight.  I'm 2-0 in games attended this year (including one win in ridiculous fashion).  I'm 3-0 in games played while I'm in Wrigleyville (as I was also down there when Serial Liller owned the Mets).  I agree with EG.  Let BC work himself into a froth out on that ledge.  I don't care how shitty they've looked in the past two weeks.  The Cubs are STILL the most talented team in this division.  EG, I'll proudly pick up that positive flag if your head gets taken off by a cannonball.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07