News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,173 )

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #435 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:41 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on September 09, 2007, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 09, 2007, 08:09:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 09, 2007, 07:32:30 PM
The Tards got swept by Arizona. I'm hoping the lack of a day off for the rest of the season takes its toll on them. Although it really doesn't take away the sting of the Cubs losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates. That was just inexcusable.

Nor does the fact they're now two back of the fucking Brewers.

Just one back.

Milwaukee Brewers  73     69     .514     --     
Chicago Cubs          72     70     .507   1.0

Evil Fowl still two back of the Cubs. Cubs are also 5 out of the wild card, so that's still a possiblity if they can go on a goddamn winning streak for once. Though there are 4 other teams in between Cubs and Dads for the WC (Dodgers are 2nd, 3 games ahead of the Cubs. Guess that Dumpster game on Thursday looks pretty fucken big right about now).
RETIRED

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:42 PM »
In Cincinnati, VORP Donkey has gone deep against Mark Mulder twice. A solo shot in the second and a Granny in the third. It's 5-1 Reds.

Giggity.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2007, 07:19:17 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on September 11, 2007, 07:05:42 PM
In Cincinnati, VORP Donkey has gone deep against Mark Mulder twice. A solo shot in the second and a Granny in the third. It's 5-1 Reds.

Giggity.

7-1 brahs.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »
DeRo visits the Crawford Boxes.

Giggity-Giggity!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
Way to hold that lead there, Markeese.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »
More wasted opportunities.  Backe should have given up around 6 runs in his five innings.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:29 PM »
I wish Carlos Marmol could pitch every inning of every game ever.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »
$#%@!  I can't believe I kept watching this shit.
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2007, 10:51:37 PM »
Quote from: DPappy on September 11, 2007, 10:43:09 PM

It's at times like these that I remind myself of Brant Brown's miss, how I nearly drove off the inbound Stevenson on my way home from work while listening to it as it happened, and that I still managed to wake up and work the next day.

Hell, we lived through the morning after Game 7 in '03, which was on the heels of a drawn-out, 24-hour nut-stomping.

This?  This ain't shit.  These cunts wanna hurt me, they'll have to try a bit harder.  Walk and walkoff triple.   Pfffffffft.  Big fucking deal. 

Fuck you Dempster, you're a loser, and I get to go to bed tonight with my beautiful wife and wake up to my beautiful daughter, and you'll wake up the same, worthless loser that you've always been.  You, too, Marquis, you 5-inning schlub.  I'll be damned if I let you two clowns ruin my days.  I lived through Brant Brown, motherfuckers.

Fuck you.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

StewiesBandwagon

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 10:51:37 PM

It's at times like these that I remind myself of Brant Brown's miss, how I nearly drove off the inbound Stevenson on my way home from work while listening to it as it happened, and that I still managed to wake up and work the next day.

Hell, we lived through the morning after Game 7 in '03, which was on the heels of a drawn-out, 24-hour nut-stomping.

This?  This ain't shit.  These cunts wanna hurt me, they'll have to try a bit harder.  Walk and walkoff triple.   Pfffffffft.  Big fucking deal. 

Fuck you Dempster, you're a loser, and I get to go to bed tonight with my beautiful wife and wake up to my beautiful daughter, and you'll wake up the same, worthless loser that you've always been.  You, too, Marquis, you 5-inning schlub.  I'll be damned if I let you two clowns ruin my days.  I lived through Brant Brown, motherfuckers.

Fuck you.

Fuck all of 'em.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2007, 07:22:33 AM »
Quote from: StewiesBandwagon on September 11, 2007, 11:02:01 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 10:51:37 PM

Fuck you.

Fuck all of 'em.

In the eye.
+=

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
Boy that game last night frustrating, because you knew that as soon as Houston got a runner on, it would be over.  The worst part is that neither the Brewers or Cards are going to go anywhere in the standings either, so that the Cubs will be in it coming into the last week, at which they will blow up like a Pinto full of gasoline and fireworks driving down the Edens by Lance Briggs at 3 a.m. Yeesh.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »
The Cubs look like they will just stumble through the next 3 weeks and I don't see them winning the division unless the Brewers have an extended losing streak.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »
You know what though, it's still better than the alternative.

Yes, they're ordinary; probably more ordinary than the '98 Cubs.  Yes, at this rate, they'll get run out of the playoffs quicker than a Daryle Ward tenure on the basepaths.  Yes it's embarassing to maybe have to back in to one of the worst divisions ever.

But you know what's worse?  For me, at least, times like last year, when the division was just as shitty and the Cubs weren't even in it.  To flip through the channels in mid-September and stop on the Cubs game and watch Jock Jones flail away in a meaningless game, your bloid angering up with rage at yet another in a long, long line of seasons that were rendered moot by July, and that these assmunches who no longer give a fuck because they're out if it get to play ball in the sun and continue not giving a fuck.

This is painful.  Times like last night can make it hard to get to sleep on time.  You hate yourself for being so passionately involved with a bunch of jerkoffs over whom you have no control, and yet you're allowing them to dictate your happiness and anger, but it passes.  It always passes.  Unless you live at NSBB, I suppose.  Like I said earlier, we've lived through worse.  If they miss the playoffs we will really, really hate this team and will resume our offseason gnashing of teeth over how fucking angry we are at carrying a 99 year burden.  Until that happens, we just have to keep watching.

/end rant.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2007, 09:49:51 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 12, 2007, 09:45:43 AM
You know what though, it's still better than the alternative.

Yes, they're ordinary; probably more ordinary than the '98 Cubs.  Yes, at this rate, they'll get run out of the playoffs quicker than a Daryle Ward tenure on the basepaths.  Yes it's embarassing to maybe have to back in to one of the worst divisions ever.

But you know what's worse?  For me, at least, times like last year, when the division was just as shitty and the Cubs weren't even in it.  To flip through the channels in mid-September and stop on the Cubs game and watch Jock Jones flail away in a meaningless game, your bloid angering up with rage at yet another in a long, long line of seasons that were rendered moot by July, and that these assmunches who no longer give a fuck because they're out if it get to play ball in the sun and continue not giving a fuck.

This is painful.  Times like last night can make it hard to get to sleep on time.  You hate yourself for being so passionately involved with a bunch of jerkoffs over whom you have no control, and yet you're allowing them to dictate your happiness and anger, but it passes.  It always passes.  Unless you live at NSBB, I suppose.  Like I said earlier, we've lived through worse.  If they miss the playoffs we will really, really hate this team and will resume our offseason gnashing of teeth over how fucking angry we are at carrying a 99 year burden.  Until that happens, we just have to keep watching.

/end rant.

JD, we're changing the name of our blog to Bloid Cubbie Blue.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all