News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,434 )

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2007, 08:40:48 AM »
More maudlin musings from the tards at Viva:

QuoteToday's game

I can't help but wonder.  Will the reminder of losing Josh by making up the game postponed by his death bring us further down, or provide a spark.  Could playing this game have been on the minds of this team all week?     

by crdfn4evr on Fri Sep 14, 2007 at 08:13:37 AM EDT
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #511 on: September 14, 2007, 08:58:17 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on September 14, 2007, 08:40:48 AM

QuoteToday's game

I can't help but wonder.  Will the reminder of losing Josh by making up the game postponed by his death bring us further down, or provide a spark.  Could playing this game have been on the minds of this team all week?     

That's embarrassing.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on September 14, 2007, 08:40:48 AM

QuoteToday's game

Age, injuries, and lack of decent pitching will bring them further down. Besides, their record at the end of 2007 won't be all that much worse then their 2006 record.
+=

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 13, 2007, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 13, 2007, 03:16:23 PM
Oh come on Apex, I only abreviate a word here and there. Trust me, I cut down on that shit alot in these posts. I get that bad habit from Warcraft, where EVERYTHING's cut down as much as possible. But, because the Mike's Reon avatar's moaning to you I'll try and cut out the abreviations. And I agree with Fork, we definitely need some audio of you linked doing the redneck Vol chant.

Next time I'm in the same room as that guy, I'm shooting video.

I'm actually thinking about a documentary - Apex after one drink, after two drinks, after three drinks...

I'm working on a similar project which involves Apex pretending to be a day-trader and hitting on women in the bars of Naperville while wearing this shirt:

We're going to win an Oscar.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »
Quote from: CT II on September 14, 2007, 10:14:47 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 13, 2007, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 13, 2007, 03:16:23 PM
Oh come on Apex, I only abreviate a word here and there. Trust me, I cut down on that shit alot in these posts. I get that bad habit from Warcraft, where EVERYTHING's cut down as much as possible. But, because the Mike's Reon avatar's moaning to you I'll try and cut out the abreviations. And I agree with Fork, we definitely need some audio of you linked doing the redneck Vol chant.

Next time I'm in the same room as that guy, I'm shooting video.

I'm actually thinking about a documentary - Apex after one drink, after two drinks, after three drinks...

I'm working on a similar project which involves Apex pretending to be a day-trader and hitting on women in the bars of Naperville while wearing this shirt:

We're going to win an Oscar.

Best Wardrobe, to be sure.
+=

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: September 14, 2007, 10:41:52 AM »
Holy shit. It has to be tucked into my blue jeans though. Otherwise the whole scene doesn't work.

I don't even want to know how CT found that picture. He's a capable fellow, he is. It's kind of scary. He could be anything he wants to be. Day trader, cocksmith, color commentator on MLB broadcasts. Anything. Sky's the limit for that bloke.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: September 14, 2007, 10:54:43 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on September 14, 2007, 10:41:52 AM
Holy shit. It has to be tucked into my blue jeans though. Otherwise the whole scene doesn't work.

I don't even want to know how CT found that picture. He's a capable fellow, he is. It's kind of scary. He could be anything he wants to be. Day trader, cocksmith, color commentator on MLB broadcasts. Anything. Sky's the limit for that bloke.

I tucked a polo shirt into my jeans yesterday. Fortunately, the Apex Fashion Police didn't nail me.
+=

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: September 14, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
QuoteHoly shit. It has to be tucked into my blue jeans though. Otherwise the whole scene doesn't work.

Of course.  If the shirt wasn't tucked in, you'd be wearing it in an ironic fashion.  We're saving the "ironic hipster" identity for the sequel.

QuoteI don't even want to know how CT found that picture. He's a capable fellow, he is. It's kind of scary. He could be anything he wants to be. Day trader, cocksmith, color commentator on MLB broadcasts. Anything. Sky's the limit for that bloke.

I'm wearing it right now.  Which will make it funnier, since it'll be like 3 sizes too small for you.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: September 14, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
Quote from: CT II on September 14, 2007, 10:55:12 AM
QuoteHoly shit. It has to be tucked into my blue jeans though. Otherwise the whole scene doesn't work.

Of course.  If the shirt wasn't tucked in, you'd be wearing it in an ironic fashion.  We're saving the "ironic hipster" identity for the sequel.

QuoteI don't even want to know how CT found that picture. He's a capable fellow, he is. It's kind of scary. He could be anything he wants to be. Day trader, cocksmith, color commentator on MLB broadcasts. Anything. Sky's the limit for that bloke.

I'm wearing it right now.  Which will make it funnier, since it'll be like 3 sizes too small for you.

Are you saying I'm fat?

(weeps) (eats)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: September 20, 2007, 07:50:30 AM »
I positive Turd Throw.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: September 20, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
Quote from: JS on September 20, 2007, 07:50:30 AM
I positive Turd Throw.

I think he's earned a pizza.
+=

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #521 on: September 20, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 20, 2007, 07:53:03 AM
Quote from: JS on September 20, 2007, 07:50:30 AM
I positive Turd Throw.

I think he's earned a pizza.

He's turning into a legend in his own time. I hope he pitches in every game for the rest of the season.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #522 on: September 20, 2007, 08:24:22 AM »
How about Butchie Yost bringing in Matt Wise to pitch the 10th. What. A. Moron.

First taking out Braun for defense was interesting, I think he did that a little too soon. But Matt Wise? He of a 10 ERA in his last 10 outings? He of a 7 ERA since the ASB? He who isn't good?

Butchie is doing his best to give the Cubs their second division title in five years.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #523 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »

The whole "other teams having managers dumber then the guy running the Cubs" is all very confusing to me.
+=

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #524 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on September 20, 2007, 08:24:22 AM
How about Butchie Yost bringing in Matt Wise to pitch the 10th. What. A. Moron.

First taking out Braun for defense was interesting, I think he did that a little too soon. But Matt Wise? He of a 10 ERA in his last 10 outings? He of a 7 ERA since the ASB? He who isn't good?

Butchie is doing his best to give the Cubs their second division title in five years.

I thought they were great moves. Yost is doing a great job. Keep it up Ned.