News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,107 )

LoneStarCubFan

Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #525 on: September 20, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
I'm still trying to understand why he didn't walk the bases loaded to at least set up a force at home on a ground ball.

But I like his moves. Couple more innings and he probably gets Sheets up in the bullpen.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: September 20, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »
Sheets flew back to Milwaukee because the "cramp" in his hamstring had gotten worse overnight, meaning it's not a cramp, but probably a tear.  That said, Ned was on the phone with Midwest Express arranging a flight for Ben had the game gone into the 12th or 13th.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: September 20, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »
Quote from: Andy on September 20, 2007, 08:50:42 AM
Sheets flew back to Milwaukee because the "cramp" in his hamstring had gotten worse overnight, meaning it's not a cramp, but probably a tear.  That said, Ned was on the phone with Midwest Express arranging a flight for Ben had the game gone into the 12th or 13th.

It's just a cramp. They always do MRIs for cramps.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlGDo7iTSO5VJtI5PgOpw38e0bYF?slug=ap-brewers-sheets&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteHOUSTON (AP) -- Brewers ace Ben Sheets traveled back to Milwaukee on Wednesday for an MRI exam on his injured left hamstring.

Sheets left Tuesday night's game in Houston after one inning because of tightness in the hamstring. He was still in pain after the game.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Ouch.

Quote"The best way I can describe it is it felt like somebody bungee jumped off my right nut," Griffey said.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/09/griffey-update.asp

And it looks like we know where the portly writer picked up his eating habits.

QuoteA little league teammate of former Red pitcher Jimmy Anderson

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: September 20, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
I am now back among the living after three days at work with no Internet access. How can they expect a guy to get any work done.

Anyway, I was coming back after a football game Monday night and had to listen to the Reds on AM-700. tHommie Boy got all indignant after Aramis Ramirez flied to deep center. Apparently, Rammy put his hands on his head in disbelief at the great catch and tHommie started screaming "Get back to the dugout! His act is getting tired!". He just rambled on and on about Ramirez' reaction. So last night, tHom was on with Dave Kaplan on the post-game and I called in to try to get on the air and ask him why he was being such a red-ass (I was gonn keep it clean). The producer took my name and info, but said he wasn't sure if they were taking calls. I could hear him typing something on the computer (I'm assuming to Kaplan), then he said hold on. I could hear them continue talking, then I got disconnected about 15 seconds later. I think Kaplan snipped me!
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: September 20, 2007, 11:49:13 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 20, 2007, 11:46:21 AM
I think Kaplan snipped me!
Intrepid Reader: Al Czervik
OK Wang, don't tell them you're Jewish.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on September 20, 2007, 11:49:13 AM
Quote from: Dave B on September 20, 2007, 11:46:21 AM
I think Kaplan snipped me!
Intrepid Reader: Al Czervik
OK Wang, don't tell them you're Jewish.

Nice segue from snipping to Jewish Wangs.
+=

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #532 on: September 20, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
Astros hire former Phillies GM Ed Wade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3029117

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: September 21, 2007, 09:16:31 AM »
A couple of stories from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=665342

QuoteYou hate the Cubs because they're from Chicago, period. No other excuses needed. But, just in case, you hate them even more when they start pulling out games in the ninth inning and you watch and hear those Wrigley Field fans who have suddenly put down their cell phones and covered up their tank tops and roar for - good grief, can there be any nickname in baseball lamer than this - the "Cubbies."

So what if they've waited around a century for another World Series title in Yuppieville, Wrigleyville or whatever they call that neighborhood of bars and a ballpark on Chicago's north side.

He's a little testy, isn't he?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=665348

QuoteAn MRI performed in Milwaukee revealed Sheets has a slight strain of his left hamstring. The Brewers held off scratching Sheets from his scheduled turn Sunday against Atlanta, but it is doubtful he will make that start.

Depending on how quickly he recovers, Sheets might not pitch again this season, which would be a severe blow to the Brewers' chances of overtaking the Chicago Cubs and winning the National League Central title. Beyond the start against the Braves, he was scheduled to pitch the second game of the season-ending home series against San Diego.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: September 21, 2007, 09:31:25 AM »
Once again, I'm shocked to learn that Wrigley is the only place where people wear tank tops, own cell phones and drink beer. What a terrible place. Boo!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: September 21, 2007, 09:35:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on September 21, 2007, 09:31:25 AM
Once again, I'm shocked to learn that Wrigley is the only place where people wear tank tops, own cell phones and drink beer. What a terrible place. Boo!

I spent many summer nights in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 in the bleachers at County Stadium (bleacher ticket price: $4), and amazing as it sounds, people who went there (not that many, as you could imagine) seemed more enamored with the selection of beers and sausages in the concession stand and the fights that would continually break out in the stands.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on September 21, 2007, 09:16:31 AM

QuoteYou hate the Cubs because they're from Chicago, period. No other excuses needed. But, just in case, you hate them even more when they start pulling out games in the ninth inning and you watch and hear those Wrigley Field fans who have suddenly put down their cell phones and covered up their tank tops and roar for - good grief, can there be any nickname in baseball lamer than this - the "Cubbies."

So what if they've waited around a century for another World Series title in Yuppieville, Wrigleyville or whatever they call that neighborhood of bars and a ballpark on Chicago's north side.

Are people still slinging Yuppie around as an insult?  Is it still 1980?  Something tells me there are definitely a few "Yuppies" in Milwaukee.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

OFace

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: September 21, 2007, 09:56:13 AM »

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
Please action the low hanging fruits if you have any bandwidth.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
Quote from: CT II on September 21, 2007, 09:54:45 AM

Are people still slinging Yuppie around as an insult?  Is it still 1980?  Something tells me there are definitely a few "Yuppies" in Milwaukee.

I see no reason to bring the mascot for the departed Expos orginization into this.  Also, the fans were in the game last Wednesday, for example and standing for the third out of the first (and it got better from there) with no "clap signs" no jumbotrons etc.  The "beer garden with baseball" stereotype is dead as, well, Milwaukee.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: September 21, 2007, 10:05:37 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 21, 2007, 10:04:06 AM
Quote from: CT II on September 21, 2007, 09:54:45 AM

I see no reason to bring the mascot for the departed Expos orginization into this.  Also, the fans were in the game last Wednesday, for example and standing for the third out of the first (and it got better from there) with no "clap signs" no jumbotrons etc.  The "beer garden with baseball" stereotype is dead as, well, Milwaukee.

Milwaukee hasn't been cool since "Wayne's World".
+=