News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,763 )

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 05, 2008, 09:19:46 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 05, 2008, 09:10:17 PM
Jason Bay is very optimistic about the Pirates this year.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080203-rogers-baseball-cubs-pitching,1,5830553.column

QuotePirates outfielder Jason Bay isn't exactly counting the days until he gets to camp in Bradenton, Fla. That's because rookie GM Neal Huntington made only minimal adjustments to the roster that produced a 68-94 record last season.

"It's pretty obvious that this group of guys is not going to get it done," Bay said. "Some people think if we get to .500, that would be great, and that would be a nice pat on the back. I'm not saying we're terrible, but it's going to take a lot of things going right to do some things."

Don't be surprised if Bay winds up elsewhere before the season is over. He's right on with his analysis, but the front office would prefer something it could use in an advertising campaign. And does "I'm not saying we're terrible" have a ring to it?

Dude's a Canadian.  'Nough said.

He's hilarious?

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 05, 2008, 09:19:46 PM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080203-rogers-baseball-cubs-pitching,1,5830553.column

QuotePirates outfielder Jason Bay isn't exactly counting the days until he gets to camp in Bradenton, Fla. That's because rookie GM Neal Huntington made only minimal adjustments to the roster that produced a 68-94 record last season.

"It's pretty obvious that this group of guys is not going to get it done, eh" Bay said. "Some people think if we get to aboot .500, that would be great, and that would be a nice pat on the back, eh. I'm not saying we're terrible, but it's going to take a lot of things going right to do some things."

Don't be surprised if Bay winds up elsewhere before the season is over. He's right on with his analysis, but the front office would prefer something it could use in an advertising campaign. And does "I'm not saying we're terrible" have a ring to it?

Dude's a Canadian.  'Nough said.
+=

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2008, 07:45:43 AM »

"It's pretty obvious that this group of guys is not going to get it done," Bay said. "Some people think if we get to .500, that would be great, and that would be a nice pat on the back. I'm not saying we're terrible, but it's going to take a lot of things going right to do some things."

How about "Operation Shutdown Part Deux"?

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 07, 2008, 07:45:43 AM

Is that what was wrong with Bay last year?
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2008, 07:51:52 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 07, 2008, 07:48:35 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 07, 2008, 07:45:43 AM

Is that what was wrong with Bay last year?

He certainly followed the principles of Operation Shutdown as laid down by it's founder.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
Scott and Dusty reunited?

QuoteWayne Krivsky happened to be touring Dr. Tim Kremchek's facility when right-hander Scott Williamson was throwing. So are the Reds interested?

"He looked good," Krivsky said.

He left it at that.

Wiliamson has a great arm when healthy. He still lives in the area. Stayed tuned.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 07, 2008, 10:34:36 AM

QuoteWayne Krivsky happened to be touring Dr. Tim Kremchek's facility when right-hander Scott Williamson was throwing. So are the Reds interested?

He left it at that.

Wiliamson has a great arm when healthy. He still lives in the area. Stayed tuned.

Williamson stayed tuned? I don't get it.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 07, 2008, 10:46:19 AM

He left it at that.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/02/williamson.asp

I think the full-body shots on the Cincinnati.com blogs have been mentioned here before, but I really find them disconcerting...

Meet also Mr. Brian Butts:

QuoteI'm a pop culture sponge. I can't listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" anymore because all I hear is cowbell, I love a good Strong Bad email, and I still to this day crack up laughing every single time I see Pee-wee Herman drive his motorcycle through the billboard in "Pee-wee's Big Adventure."

Surprisingly, the hipper-than-hip Butts is also apparently their IT guy.

Never would've guessed.

(Have we covered this all before? I feel like we have.)

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »
Brian Butts is still trying to get over the death of Heath Ledger.

QuoteI'm out of town this week, but was just shocked to see the story that Heath Ledger has been found dead.

Still trying to wrap my head around it. Over hyped early in his career, it seems he was just coming into his own.

We just need to give him some time right now to cope with that.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: February 08, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »
BPD.

More from that stand up guy John Fay

QuoteThe Reds and A's definitely have talked. But the A's are asking a lot for Joe Blanton -- probably Homer Bailey or Johnny Cueto, plus Joey Votto and a third player. I thought the A's would want Bailey badly based on his start in Oakland -- 7 innings, two hits, one run in a 4-2 win -- but then I remembered Billy Beane doesn't watch games.

The deal could happen if the A's back off the price a bit.

Intrepid Reader: Dusty Baker

Get me the veteran dude, dude.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: February 08, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2008, 08:59:48 AM
BPD.

QuoteThe Reds and A's definitely have talked. But the A's are asking a lot for Joe Blanton -- probably Homer Bailey or Johnny Cueto, plus Joey Votto and a third player. I thought the A's would want Bailey badly based on his start in Oakland -- 7 innings, two hits, one run in a 4-2 win -- but then I remembered Billy Beane doesn't watch games.

I hope that's a joke.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2008, 10:00:50 AM »
Quote from: EG on February 08, 2008, 09:59:58 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2008, 08:59:48 AM
BPD.

I hope that's a joke.

It's not.  Straight out of Moneyball.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: February 08, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
What a twink.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: February 08, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on February 07, 2008, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 07, 2008, 10:46:19 AM

He left it at that.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/02/williamson.asp

I think the full-body shots on the Cincinnati.com blogs have been mentioned here before, but I really find them disconcerting...

Meet also Mr. Brian Butts:

QuoteI'm a pop culture sponge. I can't listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" anymore because all I hear is cowbell, I love a good Strong Bad email, and I still to this day crack up laughing every single time I see Pee-wee Herman drive his motorcycle through the billboard in "Pee-wee's Big Adventure."

Surprisingly, the hipper-than-hip Butts is also apparently their IT guy.

Never would've guessed.

(Have we covered this all before? I feel like we have.)

Didn't the Sun-Times do that? Do they still do that? I haven't purchased a hard copy of the Sun-Times in months, so I don't know anymore.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club