News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,440 )

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #645 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »
I wish we could delete posts.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #646 on: February 19, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »
MLB Trade Rumors & Speculation:

QuoteThe idea that Juan Pierre could take away at-bats from Matt Kemp and/or Andre Ethier seems absurd to me.  If he was making $400K instead of $8MM, would this even be a consideration?  Tony Jackson believes Pierre will be the main left fielder while Kemp and Ethier platoon in right.

Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times notes that Pierre seems willing to waive his five-team no-trade protection.  It's generally assumed that the Dodgers would have to eat some of his remaining $36.5MM over the next four years to move Pierre.

It seemed like the White Sox could've been interested in Pierre, but their outfield now seems set with Carlos Quentin, Nick Swisher, and Jermaine Dye.  Is there even one team for which for years of Pierre at, say, $24MM, would make sense?  Following the whole Corey Patterson/Kenny Lofton theme, maybe the Reds would have interest at the right price.

Dude.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #647 on: February 19, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 19, 2008, 01:36:52 PM

QuoteThe idea that Juan Pierre could take away at-bats from Matt Kemp and/or Andre Ethier seems absurd to me.  If he was making $400K instead of $8MM, would this even be a consideration?  Tony Jackson believes Pierre will be the main left fielder while Kemp and Ethier platoon in right.

Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times notes that Pierre seems willing to waive his five-team no-trade protection.  It's generally assumed that the Dodgers would have to eat some of his remaining $36.5MM over the next four years to move Pierre.

It seemed like the White Sox could've been interested in Pierre, but their outfield now seems set with Carlos Quentin, Nick Swisher, and Jermaine Dye.  Is there even one team for which for years of Pierre at, say, $24MM, would make sense?  Following the whole Corey Patterson/Kenny Lofton theme, maybe the Reds would have interest at the right price.

Dude.

BUT HE HAD 200 HITS!!!
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #648 on: February 19, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »

Dude.

The Reds should aim high and get all three.

1. Pierre
2. Lofton
3. Corey

That's alot of speed at the top and it will never slump, Dude.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #649 on: February 19, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on February 19, 2008, 01:39:40 PM

Dude.

BUT HE HAD 200 HITS!!!

Which is why he'd fit in perfectly in Cincinnati. The old fake a bunt on the 1st pitch and then ground out to second would work well there, dude.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #650 on: February 19, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 19, 2008, 01:41:19 PM

Dude.

The Reds should aim high and get all three.

1. Pierre
2. Lofton
3. Corey

That's alot of speed at the top and it will never slump, Dude.
Can Lofton play 2B?  Your second baseman has to hit second, right?

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
QuoteA distinct buzz followed former MVP Juan Gonzalez and his batting-practice rockets Tuesday as he joined the St. Louis Cardinals for their first official full-squad workout of spring training the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

The Cardinals signed the 38-year-old outfielder to a minor-league contract and invited him to spring training. There is a spot open on the team for a righthanded power-hitting outfielder, and the Cardinals became intrigued by first-hand accounts this winter of Gonzalez's health and what coach Jose Oquendo called "a renewed desire." After his first day of what could be his last chance at a big-league return, Gonzalez said he's fit and eager to improve on the wealth of numbers he produced as an RBI juggernaut in the 1990s. Numbers, he insisted, he produced cleanly.

"Because you have goals in your mind, you're trying to come back to finish your goals," Gonzalez said. "I'm close to 500 home runs and 400 doubles. It's the goals. When you have goals in your mind, you try inside your heart to try again and see what happens."

QuoteNEW YORK (TICKER) â€"Major League Baseball on Wednesday suspended St. Louis Cardinals minor league pitcher Scott Vander Weg for the first 50 games of the 2008 season for violating the league’s drug prevention and treatment program.

The righthander went 5-5 with a 4.12 ERA in 63 games out of the bullpen for Class A Palm Beach of the Florida State League last season.

Under league rules, the 50-game suspension is the penalty for first-time offenders. Two-time offenders receive a 100-game ban while a third offense is a lifetime ban.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #652 on: February 21, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2008, 09:51:43 PM
After his first day of what could be his last chance at a big-league return, Gonzalez said he's fit and eager to improve on the wealth of numbers he produced as an RBI juggernaut in the 1990s. Numbers, he insisted, he produced cleanly.

Did anyone even ask him? Methinks Igor doth protest too much.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #653 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »
Oh sure, Juan Gonzalez was clean.  Sure he was.  Wink.

I love that they're talking about how renewed he is.  He had people saying the same thing about him in 2005 when he got a $600,000 guaranteed contract from the Indians, played one game, batted one time, retired and cashed his check.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #654 on: February 21, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
And while some Cubs fans bitch about Theriot and Sam Fuld, just be glad you don't have the Cardinals' worries.

No Carpenter.

Albie is banged up.

An OF of Schumaker, Ankiel, and Duncan.

An IF of Glaus, Izturis, Kennedy, and Albie (all AARP qualified).

A rotation of Wainwright (he's decent), Looper, Piniero, Reyes, and a slug of cripples.

No wonder The Genius drinks.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #655 on: February 21, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 21, 2008, 01:41:57 PM
And while some Cubs fans bitch about Theriot and Sam Fuld, just be glad you don't have the Cardinals' worries.

No Carpenter.

Albie is banged up.

An OF of Schumaker, Ankiel, and Duncan.

An IF of Glaus, Izturis, Kennedy, and Albie (all AARP qualified).

A rotation of Wainwright (he's decent), Looper, Piniero, Reyes, and a slug of cripples.

No wonder The Genius drinks.

Don't forget the Jason LaRue signing. That shit's gonna be bigger than the OJ trial. teehee
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #656 on: February 21, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
Good catch, Apez. I was too tired from laughing at that roster to continue the post.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #657 on: February 21, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 21, 2008, 03:34:11 PM
Good catch, Apez. I was too tired from laughing at that roster to continue the post.

Apez, huh? Why, if only I had the skills of our crackerjack SSM Photoshoppists, I'd make a smiling Apez that dispenses candy. Or better yet drugs!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=720531

QuoteTry this: Prince Fielder is a vegetarian.

That 6-foot, 260-pound build is powered by wheatgrass, soy and tofu nowadays. No meat. Not even fish.

The price of meat and fish ought to drop dramatically.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #659 on: February 23, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2008, 08:51:53 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=720531

QuoteTry this: Prince Fielder is a vegetarian.

That 6-foot, 260-pound build is powered by wheatgrass, soy and tofu nowadays. No meat. Not even fish.

The price of meat and fish ought to drop dramatically.

It's Wisconsin.

Someone'll pick up the slack.