News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,039 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #795 on: April 07, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »
So much for his Plus/Minus scale to predict things.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »

If April determined entire seasons, Dave Duncan would be one of the greatest catchers of all time.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on April 07, 2008, 11:49:28 AM
Phil Rogers ranks the Satanic Fowl #7 in his first "Power Rankings" poll. He's all excited over their 5-1 start. What he doesn't mention is that it was done at home against the Rockies (2-1) and a sweep over the Nationals (and the back of their shitty rotation). Washington is god-awful, but they may be better than the SF Giants.

Man, you aren't kidding.  That Giants lineup is insanely bad.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »
Don't worry Phil, the Cards will have a sub 2 ERA the entire season.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: April 07, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
I love that they have comments now in most of the MSM articles.

You know you suck when the typically unimaginitive mainstream commentors torch you like a rag soaked in kerosene.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: April 07, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 07, 2008, 05:41:01 PM
I love that they have comments now in most of the MSM articles.

You know you suck when the typically unimaginitive mainstream commentors torch you like a rag soaked in kerosene.

Those comments also feature that Dan Serafini guy calling home runs "rally killers."

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #801 on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »
Phil Rogers ranks the Satanic Fowl #7 in his first "Power Rankings" poll. He's all excited over their 5-1 start. What he doesn't mention is that it was done at home against the Rockies (2-1) and a sweep over the Nationals (and the back of their shitty rotation). Washington is god-awful, but they may be better than the SF Giants.

The ERA for the Cardinals is just over 2 or something. Last year, they had about a six-week stretch where their ERA was something like 3.40, it was no surprise that is when they almost took the division lead and had a certain somebody scared to almost-death. For the rest of the season, their pitching was terrible and it showed in their record. I hope the same thing happens this year. Their offense is pretty bad and will not be able to overcome even a mediocre pitching staff.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: April 07, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 07, 2008, 08:12:28 PM

The ERA for the Cardinals is just over 2 or something. Last year, they had about a six-week stretch where their ERA was something like 3.40, it was no surprise that is when they almost took the division lead and had a certain somebody scared to almost-death. For the rest of the season, their pitching was terrible and it showed in their record. I hope the same thing happens this year. Their offense is pretty bad and will not be able to overcome even a mediocre pitching staff.

The Genius would trade his last several dozen bottles of wine for a mediocre pitching staff.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: April 07, 2008, 09:29:34 PM »

Add about .83 to that ERA, as they gave up 5 tonight (and lost).  One trip through the rotation is not significant.  I suspect that, given time, the Cardinals staff will be what we thought they would be.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: April 07, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
Hawk,
I think someone's seen this too many times.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: April 08, 2008, 05:04:26 AM »
Tell me that EZB is someone from this board?  His comments are way too trenchant to just be from a garden variety interwebs plebeian.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: April 08, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on April 07, 2008, 09:16:27 PM

The Genius would trade his last several dozen bottles of wine for a mediocre pitching staff.

He'd trade his current staff for a case of Mad Dog 20/20.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:39 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 08, 2008, 05:33:20 AM

Or Wild Irish Rose.  Ah, bum-wine.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: April 08, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on April 08, 2008, 06:30:39 AM
Quote from: PTanner on April 08, 2008, 05:33:20 AM

Or Wild Irish Rose.  Ah, bum-wine.

What's the word?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
Didn't realize Wild Irish Rose was "Savorin' Wine"
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.