News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,418 )

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »
Awesome:

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 08, 2008, 01:41:48 PM
Awesome:

Is that jersey number significant in your opinion?
01/20/2013

hammerman

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: April 09, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 08, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: EG on April 08, 2008, 01:41:48 PM
Awesome:

Is that jersey number significant in your opinion?

It's not a number that you should be concerned about.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
QuoteHOUSTON (AP)—St. Louis' Albert Pujols and Houston's Brandon Backe had a heated exchange as the Astros left the field after batting practice on Wednesday.

The exchange, which happened in front of Astros manager Cecil Cooper, lasted a few minutes. It involved yelling and ended with Cooper putting his arm across Backe and guiding him away from Pujols.

The incident apparently revolved around Pujols sliding into Astros catcher J.R. Towles in the eighth inning of the Cardinals' 5-3 win over the Astros on Tuesday. Towles said Pujols called the clubhouse after the game last night to apologize for the way he slid into home plate.

Towles said he thought Pujols slid into him instead of sliding into the plate, but that he accepted his apology and "it was over."

Backe, a right-handed starter, said Pujols approached him and asked why he was "pressing on about it." Pujols wouldn't discuss it in detail, but said: "he had a problem with me calling over there."

"You guys don't need to make this bigger than it is," an obviously annoyed Pujols said before walking off.

Backe had plenty to say about it though.

"I felt violated," Backe said. "I felt like he confronted me at a wrong time. I don't think it was very professional."

Backe was still red-faced from the exchange several minutes after it ended.

"It's apparent that we don't like each other," he said. "That's OK. There's plenty of other people I don't like in this game. It doesn't matter. The competition between he and I just escalated."

Brandon the best way to resolve this is the next time you face Fat Albert put a fast ball in his elbow and watch it explode.
01/20/2013

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 09, 2008, 08:16:59 PM
QuoteHOUSTON (AP)—St. Louis' Albert Pujols and Houston's Brandon Backe had a heated exchange as the Astros left the field after batting practice on Wednesday.

The exchange, which happened in front of Astros manager Cecil Cooper, lasted a few minutes. It involved yelling and ended with Cooper putting his arm across Backe and guiding him away from Pujols.

The incident apparently revolved around Pujols sliding into Astros catcher J.R. Towles in the eighth inning of the Cardinals' 5-3 win over the Astros on Tuesday. Towles said Pujols called the clubhouse after the game last night to apologize for the way he slid into home plate.

Towles said he thought Pujols slid into him instead of sliding into the plate, but that he accepted his apology and "it was over."

Backe, a right-handed starter, said Pujols approached him and asked why he was "pressing on about it." Pujols wouldn't discuss it in detail, but said: "he had a problem with me calling over there."

"You guys don't need to make this bigger than it is," an obviously annoyed Pujols said before walking off.

"I felt violated," Backe said. "I felt like he confronted me at a wrong time. I don't think it was very professional."

"It's apparent that we don't like each other," he said. "That's OK. There's plenty of other people I don't like in this game. It doesn't matter. The competition between he and I just escalated."

Brandon the best way to resolve this is the next time you face Fat Albert put a fast ball in his elbow and watch it explode.

I thought Edmunds was in San Diego.

But seriously, they both sound like whiny bitches.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: April 09, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 09, 2008, 09:01:43 PM

I don't know whether to hate either one of them less for hating one another or hate them more just because they're whiny bitches. But I really hate both of them a whole bunch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 09, 2008, 11:43:09 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 09, 2008, 09:01:43 PM

I don't know whether to hate either one of them less for hating one another or hate them more just because they're whiny bitches. But I really hate both of them a whole bunch.

Long gone, the days of the Cards-Astros love-in led by Matty Mouthbreather and the rest. Long gone.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #832 on: April 10, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
Somebody needs to earhole that roid-raging fuckstick.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: April 10, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »
I saw the slide by Albie and it was bullshit. He clearly slid at him for no reason other than a cheap shot. But look who he has been playing for: The Genius. Typical LaRussa horseshit. Where Houston made their mistake was getting Albie riled up and letting him hit two bombs of them instead of drilling him in the back.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: April 10, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 10, 2008, 10:31:19 AM
Long gone, the days of the Cards-Astros love-in led by Matty Mouthbreather and the rest. Long gone.

Speaking of that douchecannon, the Cubs have a decent shot at the sweep tonight with Matty hurling from the mound.

He's gotta be good for another 30 or so Neifi League points.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #835 on: April 10, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on April 10, 2008, 10:46:45 AM

Speaking of that douchecannon, the Cubs have a decent shot at the sweep tonight with Matty hurling from the mound.

I forgot he was a Pirate. No wonder there was nobody in the ballpark last night. What a horrible team to have to watch.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: April 10, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »
Quote from: butthead on April 10, 2008, 10:49:47 AM

I forgot he was a Pirate. No wonder there was nobody in the ballpark last night. What a horrible team to have to watch.

That was one of the weirdest trades in recent memory.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #837 on: April 10, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 10, 2008, 11:49:38 AM

But he's going to be a mentor for the young pitchers. It's like having a coach on the field. Luckily for us, he still has to pitch while he coaches.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: April 10, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
Quote from: butthead on April 10, 2008, 11:56:43 AM

But he's going to be a mentor for the young pitchers. It's like having a coach on the field. Luckily for us, he still has to pitch while he coaches.

You'll notice the abundance of soul patches on Pirate pitchers.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: April 10, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 10, 2008, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: butthead on April 10, 2008, 11:56:43 AM

You'll notice the abundance of soul patches on Pirate pitchers.

how did they miss out on getting Vag Face to patrol the outfield?
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.