News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,873 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #840 on: April 10, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
After FIVE percent of the 2008 season has been completed, here's Viva El Birdos take on the Satanic Fowl:

"the cards are in first place by themselves for the first time since the final day of 2006. it's only april 10 so it doesn't mean much, but after going first-place-less for all of last season i thought this occasion worth noting. also worth noting is how easily the cardinals could be 9-0; their losses came by 1 and 2 runs, respectively, and both times the decisive run scored late in the game. of course, given how tight most of these games are (6 of the first 9 decided by 2 runs or less), with a little bad luck the team could very easily be 4-5 . . . . . again, it's early. but not too early to enjoy seeing our crew at the top of the stack."

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #841 on: April 10, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on April 10, 2008, 02:26:46 PM
After FIVE percent of the 2008 season has been completed, here's Viva El Birdos take on the Satanic Fowl:

"the cards are in first place by themselves for the first time since the final day of 2006. it's only april 10 so it doesn't mean much, but after going first-place-less for all of last season i thought this occasion worth noting. also worth noting is how easily the cardinals could be 9-0; their losses came by 1 and 2 runs, respectively, and both times the decisive run scored late in the game. of course, given how tight most of these games are (6 of the first 9 decided by 2 runs or less), with a little bad luck the team could very easily be 4-5 . . . . . again, it's early. but not too early to enjoy seeing our crew at the top of the stack."

So, with a little luck, either good or bad, the Cardinals could be undefeated or winless.  That's the way it goes sometimes.  Like the dude said, it's best not to get too happy or sad about the start because it's really all about the finish.  So, it's nice and all, but only if you realize that it's early and may, or may not, mean anything at all.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #842 on: April 10, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

Look at the brutal schedule the Tards have had to open the season at home against Colorado and Washington and they just finished a series in Houston. I mean going through a schedule that tough and ending up in first place should give them a reason to celebrate not being first-place-less.
01/20/2013

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #843 on: April 10, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

That seems like a perfectly normal passage to me.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

I fucking knew BC was a Cardinals fan.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #845 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 10, 2008, 02:41:50 PM

Look at the brutal schedule the Tards have had to open the season at home against Colorado and Washington and they just finished a series in Houston. I mean going through a schedule that tough and ending up in first place should give them a reason to celebrate not being first-place-less.

Word. I was bored, so I looked up the formidable starting pitchers they've faced so far:

Colorado:

Kip Wells (L)
Aaron Cook (W)
U. Jimenez (W)

Washington:

O. Perez (W)
Matt Chico (W)
John Lannan (W)

Houston:

Wandy Rodriguez (L)
Shawn Chacon (W)
Chris Sampson (W)

And now they get four in SF (who is God-awful), but they get Cain and Lincecum.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »

the Flint Plasma Bank is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday it's closed.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #847 on: April 14, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/04/here-comes-dust.html

I'm having a difficult time understanding why this is a question. Does anyone, the Jockey included, really think that the mere mention of Dusty's name will elicit anything other than loud boos?

And if I had to pick something that annoys me about Derrek Lee, it's his constant need to comment on booing. Just shut the fuck up and play. Don't tell fans how to watch.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #848 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 01:46:03 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/04/here-comes-dust.html

I'm having a difficult time understanding why this is a question. Does anyone, the Jockey included, really think that the mere mention of Dusty's name will elicit anything other than loud boos?

And if I had to pick something that annoys me about Derrek Lee, it's his constant need to comment on booing. Just shut the fuck up and play. Don't tell fans how to watch.

It gets no softer than complaining about booing.

I love D-Lee's game, but this is pretty weak.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #849 on: April 14, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 14, 2008, 01:56:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 01:46:03 PM

It gets no softer than complaining about booing.

I love D-Lee's game, but this is pretty weak.

The more I think about it, the angrier it makes me. Who the fuck is he?

He seems to be the one guy with super thin skin and he's always commenting on the way fans react to shit. And you know, he almost never, ever gets booed or criticized.

He just doesn't understand it, because he isn't a Cub. He's a baseball player that wears a white and blue uniform. He's just a player on a team whose history extends back to the very day he was traded here and no further.

And it's fine that he feels that way. In fact, it's probably healthy to feel that way. I wouldn't want my team's best player carrying around the angst that most Cub fans (at least the ones I know) feel every single day. However, keep it to yourself man. At least PRETEND to care about the plight of the fans who followed the team before you got here and will continue to follow it when you're following in your dad's footsteps and sleeping with 14 year old girls in Asia.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #850 on: April 14, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »
He's just being the team leader, guys!  If he keeps hitting .340 he doesn't have to worry about the boos.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #851 on: April 14, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:04:03 PM

He seems to be the one guy with super thin skin and he's always commenting on the way fans react to shit. And you know, he almost never, ever gets booed or criticized.

He just doesn't understand it, because he isn't a Cub. He's a baseball player that wears a white and blue uniform. He's just a player on a team whose history extends back to the very day he was traded here and no further.

And it's fine that he feels that way. In fact, it's probably healthy to feel that way. I wouldn't want my team's best player carrying around the angst that most Cub fans (at least the ones I know) feel every single day. However, keep it to yourself man. At least PRETEND to care about the plight of the fans who followed the team before you got here and will continue to follow it when you're following in your dad's footsteps and sleeping with 14 year old girls in Asia.

That might be your longest post ever.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #852 on: April 14, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 14, 2008, 02:15:18 PM

I guess that's about all it has going for it.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #853 on: April 14, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:22:01 PM

I really felt your anger.  That's something else.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

EG

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #854 on: April 14, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:22:01 PM

Don't be so sensitive.  I enjoyed it.  The anger was palpable, so I think you got the point across.