News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,436 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #855 on: April 14, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 14, 2008, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:22:01 PM
Quote from: EG on April 14, 2008, 02:15:18 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:04:03 PM
The more I think about it, the angrier it makes me. Who the fuck is he?

He seems to be the one guy with super thin skin and he's always commenting on the way fans react to shit. And you know, he almost never, ever gets booed or criticized.

He just doesn't understand it, because he isn't a Cub. He's a baseball player that wears a white and blue uniform. He's just a player on a team whose history extends back to the very day he was traded here and no further.

And it's fine that he feels that way. In fact, it's probably healthy to feel that way. I wouldn't want my team's best player carrying around the angst that most Cub fans (at least the ones I know) feel every single day. However, keep it to yourself man. At least PRETEND to care about the plight of the fans who followed the team before you got here and will continue to follow it when you're following in your dad's footsteps and sleeping with 14 year old girls in Asia.

That might be your longest post ever.

I guess that's about all it has going for it.

Don't be so sensitive.  I enjoyed it.  The anger was palpable, so I think you got the point across.

Nothing boils the blood like the combination of Paul Sullivan, Dusty Baker and the mention of 2004-2006.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #856 on: April 14, 2008, 02:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:44:38 PM

He seems to be the one guy with super thin skin and he's always commenting on the way fans react to shit. And you know, he almost never, ever gets booed or criticized.

He just doesn't understand it, because he isn't a Cub. He's a baseball player that wears a white and blue uniform. He's just a player on a team whose history extends back to the very day he was traded here and no further.

And it's fine that he feels that way. In fact, it's probably healthy to feel that way. I wouldn't want my team's best player carrying around the angst that most Cub fans (at least the ones I know) feel every single day. However, keep it to yourself man. At least PRETEND to care about the plight of the fans who followed the team before you got here and will continue to follow it when you're following in your dad's footsteps and sleeping with 14 year old girls in Asia.

Don't be so sensitive.  I enjoyed it.  The anger was palpable, so I think you got the point across.

Nothing boils the blood like the combination of Paul Sullivan, Dusty Baker and the mention of October 14, 20032004-2006.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: April 14, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 14, 2008, 02:44:38 PM

Nothing boils the blood like the combination of Paul Sullivan, Dusty Baker and the mention of 2004-2006.

Except, maybe, the bluish-white flame from a bunsen burner.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: April 14, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 14, 2008, 02:27:59 PM

I really felt your anger.  That's something else.

Did you make the first comment in that story, JD?

Also, I agree with Slaky 100%.  My sack flares up whenever DLee pontificates about the fans' booing.  Just shut the fuck up about it, dude.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: April 14, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 14, 2008, 02:51:35 PM

Did you make the first comment in that story, JD?

Nope, that wasn't me.  I haven't been to Wrigley since '85.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
MLB Trade Rumors:

QuoteTom Haudricourt outlines the Brewers' roster crunch - something has to give this weekend to make room for Yovani Gallardo.  The best solution may be to risk losing Seth McClung on waivers while moving Dave Bush to the bullpen.  But trading Bush has to be considered.

Bush, 28, has been knocked around in two starts this year.  He doesn't even have his customary strong K/BB (last year his ratio was an impressive 3.0 despite a 5.12 ERA).  If nothing else, Bush is an innings eater with strong command.  He earns $2.55MM this year and is under team control through 2010.

I previously mentioned the Braves and Tigers as teams in need of starting pitching.  The Marlins could also use help.

The Brewers shouldn't rush Gallardo back to the starting rotation (unless it results in further aggravating his injury) and should let Dave Bush continue to put up stellar numbers for them.
01/20/2013

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: April 17, 2008, 08:14:46 AM »
DPD.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/04/16/turnbow-unhappy-with-role.aspx

QuoteSt. Louis - Brewers reliever Derrick Turnbow is so upset over being relegated to what he calls a "mop-up" role in the bullpen that he asked his agent to contact general manager Doug Melvin to see what the plans are for the beleaguered right-hander.

Quote"I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me," Turnbow said this afternoon before the second game of the series against the Cardinals. "It bothers me a lot.

QuoteThough he surrendered four hits and two runs Tuesday night, Turnbow said he was encouraged by some changes he made to throw more strikes after fighting bouts of wildness in the past. Yost said he also was optimistic about Turnbow's improved control and said he merely got too many pitches over the middle of the plate.

I'm encouraged too that Turdy gave up 2 runs in 2/3 of an inning. He should be used strictly against the Cubs or if he's traded send him to St. Louis.
01/20/2013

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »
How about Coco Cordero last night? Nice effort, bud.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2008, 09:24:13 AM »

The Cubs had fucking well better win this division by 10 games.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 17, 2008, 09:24:13 AM

Oh but don't tell Deadspin that. "They" couldn't restrain themselves after only 17 days into a season that lasts about 180.

QuoteNone of those late-in-life ugly "veterans" that Tony LaRussa is addicted to, no Tony Womack, no Jeff Fassero, no Jason Christensen. It's a bunch of young guys with names like Skip, and Rico, and Ryan who keep scrapping out wins. The team looks alive; it looks like it cares. That hasn't been the case, really, since 2004, and that includes the World Series winner in 2006. Last night good ole Rick ended a 17-pitch at-bat with a walk. Jim Edmonds would have gotten bored around pitch nine and just grounded to second.

I didn't bother reading the comments to see if that gap-toothed scareball Landy Andrea has chimed in with some kool-aid drinking of her own, but I did notice that Deadspin's source is Viva EL Fucktards.  That would be like Desipio ranting about the Cubs after Michael Barrett's grand-slam on the season's first weekend in 2006 that helped propel the Cubs to a sweep and early-season optimism, and then linking to BCB.

FIRE EVERYBODY!

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: April 17, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 17, 2008, 11:46:43 AM
Quote from: PTanner on April 17, 2008, 09:24:13 AM

Oh but don't tell Deadspin that. "They" couldn't restrain themselves after only 17 days into a season that lasts about 180.

We know we're being idiots even discussing this, but we might not have the opportunity to point it out much longer: Our Cardinals are in first place and playing their asses off.

The editorial "we" is so, so goddamn annoying. 

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: April 17, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »
Quote from: Emo DoucheNone of those late-in-life ugly "veterans" that Tony LaRussa is addicted to, no Tony Womack, no Jeff Fassero, no Jason Christensen. It's a bunch of young guys with names like Skip, and Rico, and Ryan who keep scrapping out wins. The team looks alive; it looks like it cares.

This from a guy who wrote a book about taking fan discourse to a higher level. What a pantywaist.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: April 17, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 17, 2008, 11:56:58 AM
Quote from: Emo DoucheNone of those late-in-life ugly "veterans" that Tony LaRussa is addicted to, no Tony Womack, no Jeff Fassero, no Jason Christensen. It's a bunch of young guys with names like Skip, and Rico, and Ryan who keep scrapping out wins. The team looks alive; it looks like it cares.

This from a guy who wrote a book about taking fan discourse to a higher level. What a pantywaist.

Excellent point, RV.  Interesting how quickly the guy regressed to hacktastery there.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: April 17, 2008, 12:20:01 PM »
Oops.  This sucks for Houston:

QuoteSaying he wanted to unburden himself, Miguel Tejada approached general manager Ed Wade and asked to correct misinformation he gave the Oakland A's when he signed in 1993. The Astros' new shortstop is actually 33, two years older than he's listed in the club's media guide and other baseball records.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5708800.html

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: April 17, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 17, 2008, 12:20:01 PM
Oops.  This sucks for Houston:

QuoteSaying he wanted to unburden himself, Miguel Tejada approached general manager Ed Wade and asked to correct misinformation he gave the Oakland A's when he signed in 1993. The Astros' new shortstop is actually 33, two years older than he's listed in the club's media guide and other baseball records.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5708800.html

And his Little League coach was Albert Pujols.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.