News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,582 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #945 on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »
Jocketty is certainly a huge upgrade, so here's hoping the purse strings stay as tightly drawn as ever.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #946 on: April 23, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »
Everything has seemed to fall in place so far for the Cubs, so they better do it this year, before any effect that Jocketty has on the Reds won't matter to this year's Cubs, provided the Cubs continue to play like they have for the balance of the season, of course.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #947 on: April 23, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 23, 2008, 12:04:34 PM
Everything has seemed to fall in place so far for the Cubs, so they better do it this year, before any effect that Jocketty has on the Reds won't matter to this year's Cubs, provided the Cubs continue to play like they have for the balance of the season, of course.

Does Jocketty overrule Baker's need to have "his guys"? This is going to be interesting, seeing these two work together to try and build a winner.

My greatest fear is that Jocketty fires Baker.

I really miss the Kriv Dog now.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #948 on: April 23, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 23, 2008, 12:07:51 PM
Quote from: Mike D on April 23, 2008, 12:04:34 PM

Does Jocketty overrule Baker's need to have "his guys"? This is going to be interesting, seeing these two work together to try and build a winner.

My greatest fear is that Jocketty fires Baker.

I really miss the Kriv Dog now.

If Jay Bruce is the starting CF within the week we'll have our answer.

Wampa

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #949 on: April 28, 2008, 01:36:33 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 22, 2008, 08:30:22 PM
DPD.

This is encouraging. The Pirates need to stick with Morris.

Quote"As long as we feel there's still an ability in there to get people out, we're going to continue to let Matt be a starting pitcher for us," general manager Neal Huntington said last night. "If we get to the point where we just don't think he can compete, then we obviously have to make a move at that point."

Are they getting close?

"At this point, we're not all that close, which I know the fans don't want to hear. We're not close to deciding that Matt is done, because that's essentially what you'd be deciding. Maybe he could go somewhere else and click. We want to make sure we exhaust all opportunities right here."

Well I guess Morris finally proved to the Pirates that he sucks.  What a dumb ass trade that was last year...

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #950 on: April 28, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
While waiting to go to my game on Saturday afternoon, I tuned in to the St. Louis feed of the Fowl vs. Astros. Oswalt had barely grazed LaRue on the front of his oversized jersey in the top of the inning, so in typical Genius gamesmanship, Wainwright threw a heater behind Ausmus' back in the bottom of the inning. The benches emptied while Ausmus screamed for five minutes. Wainwright just stood there doing his best Mouthbreathin' Matty Mo imitation. When will someone finally just say "Screw it" and charge the dugout to beat the piss out of LaRussa? That would put an end to this crap. The announcers (Hrabosky and some other goof who spend 90% of their time fellating Uncle Albie) said that the Astros-Cardinals rivalry was respectful because it was between "good players" while the stuff with the Cubs and Dusty Baker was just silly.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #951 on: April 28, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on April 28, 2008, 12:44:31 PM
When will someone finally just say "Screw it" and charge the dugout to beat the piss out of LaRussa?

Somehow we need to convey this to Zambrano.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #952 on: April 28, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 28, 2008, 01:20:08 PM
When will someone finally just say "Screw it" and charge the dugout to beat the piss out of LaRussa?

Actually, I'd like to see someone dome Pujols with a heater. If LaRussa wants to continue to be an unrepentant doucherocket then take down his best player.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #953 on: April 28, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
Jocketty made some bad trades with the Cardinals though, too.  Dan Haren and Daric Barton to the A's for Mark Mulder was a winner.  How about Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto to the Giants for Barry Zito?  That'd be aces, and Dusty would love to have a veteran dude lefty dude on his staff.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #954 on: April 28, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
Quote from: Andy on April 28, 2008, 04:28:32 PM
Jocketty made some bad trades with the Cardinals though, too.  Dan Haren and Daric Barton to the A's for Mark Mulder was a winner.  How about Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto to the Giants for Barry Zito?  That'd be aces, and Dusty would love to have a veteran dude lefty dude on his staff.

Jay Bruce is going to Oakland for Joe Blanton.  Why won't you people just believe me on this?  It's way too perfect not to happen.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2008, 05:40:16 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 28, 2008, 02:03:19 PM
Quote from: PTanner on April 28, 2008, 01:20:08 PM

Actually, I'd like to see someone dome Pujols with a heater. If LaRussa wants to continue to be an unrepentant doucherocket then take down his best player.

If Z were to drill the old man then run into the Cards' dugout and tune up the Genius, I would personally commission his statue.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2008, 07:04:45 AM »

Besides, you can never have enough $126 million relievers.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #957 on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 29, 2008, 07:04:45 AM

EG, did you get the FOTC CD?

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #958 on: April 29, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 29, 2008, 07:35:41 AM

I'm not EG, but I got it.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #959 on: April 29, 2008, 08:56:34 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 29, 2008, 07:35:41 AM

Not yet, no.  I probably should get on that though -- I've heard pretty good things.