News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,809 )

Joe

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1020 on: May 02, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »
...The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Yovani Gallardo has a torn ACL.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1021 on: May 02, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
Ned Yost, the new Dusty Baker?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1022 on: May 02, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Joe on May 02, 2008, 01:40:56 PM

Out for the year.

Well, at least this partly offsets the Turnbow DFA.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1023 on: May 02, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »
I couldn't believe they left him in to pitch yesterday.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that when the swelling goes down that it's completely torn.  When you partially tear a ligament the pain is caused by the remaining fibers hanging on while you are moving around.  If you tear it completely you have initial pain but then there's nothing constricting your movement so that pain goes away.  Until it swells up like a beach ball.  Which, is exactly what it sounds like happened to Gallardo.

So leaving him in to pitch probably didn't hurt his ACL any more than it would have been, but it left him open to tearing up the rest of the knee because it would have been unstable.

You know, unstable, like Ned.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1024 on: May 02, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 02, 2008, 01:49:00 PM

Out for the year.

Well, at least this partly offsets the Turnbow DFA.

I'm not so pissed about yesterday's loss anymore

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1025 on: May 02, 2008, 02:01:21 PM »
Quote from: Andy on May 02, 2008, 01:53:26 PM
I couldn't believe they left him in to pitch yesterday.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that when the swelling goes down that it's completely torn.  When you partially tear a ligament the pain is caused by the remaining fibers hanging on while you are moving around.  If you tear it completely you have initial pain but then there's nothing constricting your movement so that pain goes away.  Until it swells up like a beach ball.  Which, is exactly what it sounds like happened to Gallardo.

So leaving him in to pitch probably didn't hurt his ACL any more than it would have been, but it left him open to tearing up the rest of the knee because it would have been unstable.

Didn't Chris Chelios once play a large part of a hockey season with a torn ACL?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1026 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »

Who knew?  Marketing directors for schools of higher education are required to have medical degrees.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1027 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 02, 2008, 02:01:21 PM

Having torn an ACL in each of knee, I concur with Andy's assesment.  With a partial tear, it was a lot harder to get around after the injury.  With the full tear, what was left of the ACL just shrank back into my knee... leaving plenty of room for fluids, blood, alcohol, etc.  I'm still trying to bounce back from the last one...

I've heard plenty of stories of people going on full or completely blown ACL's...  Building up the hamstring and a sports brace can usually take care of most stability issues without the need for invasive surgery.

Personally, I like having titanium screws in my leg, plenty of scars and pains meds to spare.  

Yay?

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1028 on: May 02, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a fucking idiot.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1029 on: May 02, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

Actually, I think Chelios played a decent chunk of his career with a torn ACL.  He tore is with the Hawks, missed two periods of one game, and never had it fixed until he was with the Red Wings and blew out the other knee, I think.  As the story goes, he was able to build up the leg muscles to hold it together.  I would imagine that skating as opposed to running or jumping makes it a little bit easier.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1030 on: May 02, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
QuoteHe was placed on the 15-day DL and right-hander Dave Bush was recalled from Class AAA Nashville to replace him.

Gallardo's 1.80 ERA for Bush's 6.75 ERA.

QuoteNo decision will be made on surgery until the swelling subsides in Gallardo's knee. But he in all likelihood will miss most if not all the rest of the season, a severe blow to the Brewers' chances in 2008.

See what happens when they release Turdthrow? The whole Brewers season appears in jeopardy now.
01/20/2013

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1031 on: May 02, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »
How long before Sheets goes down too?

Is this what it was like for Cardinals and White Sox fans when Prior and Wood were injured every year? They had it good.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1032 on: May 02, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
The Brewers will be fine. After all, they have an intelligent and level headed manager at the controls.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 02, 2008, 02:32:48 PM

Having torn an ACL in each of knee, I concur with Andy's assesment.  With a partial tear, it was a lot harder to get around after the injury.  With the full tear, what was left of the ACL just shrank back into my knee... leaving plenty of room for fluids, blood, alcohol, etc.  I'm still trying to bounce back from the last one...

I've heard plenty of stories of people going on full or completely blown ACL's...  Building up the hamstring and a sports brace can usually take care of most stability issues without the need for invasive surgery.

Personally, I like having titanium screws in my leg, plenty of scars and pains meds to spare. 

Yay?

I hope he goes to the same vet that my dog did to have his repaired.  And I hope he has to wear one of these:

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
If you're the type who occasionally likes to laugh at NSBB, take a glance at their thread about the Gallardo injury.  Definitely a few board warnings were issued here.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=48249&start=25

Nothing new from them.  Still made me laugh.