News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,737 )

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1035 on: May 02, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 02, 2008, 04:27:08 PM
If you're the type who occasionally likes to laugh at NSBB, take a glance at their thread about the Gallardo injury.  Definitely a few board warnings were issued here.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=48249&start=25

Nothing new from them.  Still made me laugh.

Maybe this joint could use a little classing up.

Someone extend an olive branch to Banedon or RawAction.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1036 on: May 02, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »
If you're the type who occasionally likes to laugh at NSBB, take a glance at their thread about the Gallardo injury.  Definitely a few board warnings were issued here.

Mind numbing.

In the "I'll take 'Things You'll Never, Ever, See At Desipio' for five hundred, Alex" category:

QuoteLet's stop the namecalling in this thread. Calling another member of this board a name is clearly against the rules and completely uncalled for. While were at it, let's try to refrain from calling players, coaches, and GMs names also. Either way, it provides nothing of value to the board.

Heh heh.

FIRE EVERYBODY!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1037 on: May 02, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »

On the first page of that thread, why does PrimeTime use the same picture in his avatar and his signature?  That--what's the word--is stupid.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1038 on: May 02, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 02, 2008, 04:37:50 PM

Mind numbing.

In the "I'll take 'Things You'll Never, Ever, See At Desipio' for five hundred, Alex" category:

QuoteLet's stop the namecalling in this thread. Calling another member of this board a name is clearly against the rules and completely uncalled for. While were at it, let's try to refrain from calling players, coaches, and GMs names also. Either way, it provides nothing of value to the board.

Heh heh.

[Lee Elia'd]
Rip them cocksuckers. Fuck them in the fucking ass. 85% of the teenagers in the world are busy reading books, working at the mall, smoking dope and poking their girlfriend in the ass, the other 15% stay in mom's basement on that fucking message board. Internets my fucking ass. It's a fucking carnival ride for them cocksuckers. Fuck them all day, fucking cocksuckers, print it!
[/Lee Elia'd]
RETIRED

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1039 on: May 02, 2008, 06:00:06 PM »

Mind numbing.

Heh heh.

So...don't call anyone in the world any kind of name on that board.

Holy shit what a boring place.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1040 on: May 02, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 02, 2008, 06:00:06 PM

Mind numbing.

Heh heh.

Rules like that are why they permanently banned me from their messageboard.

I mean, do we really want to live in world where we can't call Sox fans wife-beating parole violators?

I don't think we do.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1041 on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 02, 2008, 06:32:57 PM

Mind numbing.

Heh heh.

I mean, do we really want to live in world where we can't call Sox fans wife-beating parole violators?

I don't think we do.

I have a hard time imagining you lastig more than 10 minutes there.

And the best thing abou this place is not just that we can call Sux and Tards fans whatever  the fuck we want but, more often than not, we can call each other whatever the fuck we want.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1042 on: May 04, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »
Do we need to now change this thread to 'Gangne and other stories from the rancid NLC?'
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Wampa

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1043 on: May 04, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 04, 2008, 11:06:36 PM
Do we need to now change this thread to 'Gangne and other stories from the rancid NLC?'

I was watching that game just to watch Gagne implode and he didn't disappoint.  But to be fair to him the umpires were not his friends in that game.  First Michael Bourn was called safe on a bang-bang play at 1st..but he was clearly out.  Then the home plate ump had a pea sized strike zone (I wasn't watching the whole game so maybe it was like that for both teams) which made him walk a few too many hitters.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1044 on: May 05, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
Jock Jones, and his .498 OPS, DFA'd by the Tigers.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2008-05-05-35332679_x.htm

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1045 on: May 05, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 02, 2008, 08:25:13 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 02, 2008, 06:32:57 PM

Mind numbing.

Heh heh.

I don't think we do.

I have a hard time imagining you lastig more than 10 minutes there.

And the best thing abou this place is not just that we can call Sux and Tards fans whatever  the fuck we want but, more often than not, we can call each other whatever the fuck we want.

1 goddamn post and I was gone.  I didn't even say anything bad.  I like this place b/c it makes me feel smarter than I normally do.  Thanks MikeC and RB and joesoxfan and BC
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1046 on: May 05, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
Quote from: EG on May 05, 2008, 03:33:46 PM

Phil's gonna have to revise his Tigers plus-minus rating.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1047 on: May 05, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 05, 2008, 03:54:29 PM
Quote from: EG on May 05, 2008, 03:33:46 PM

Phil's gonna have to revise his Tigers plus-minus rating.

Jock for Turnbow.

Done, and done.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1048 on: May 06, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
QuoteTUESDAY: David Lennon adds that the Mets would only be willing to offer Turnbow a minor league deal.  Meanwhile, Gordon Edes hasn't heard anything about the Red Sox pursuing him.

MONDAY: According to John Delcos of The Journal News, the Mets are "discussing whether to sign Derrick Turnbow" (hat tip to MetsBlog).  Turnbow seems like a reasonable gamble for the Mets.  Most teams could stand to add relief depth.

Turnbow was designated on Friday; Ken Rosenthal recently suggested that four teams are interested.  The Brewers would have to do something about his $3.2MM salary if they are to strike a deal.

The Brewers are having their own bullpen problems despite a pricey offseason makeover.  Eric Gagne and David Riske, making a combined $14MM this year, have disappointed so far.

I hope one of them is St. Louis.
01/20/2013

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1049 on: May 08, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »
On a positive note, the 'Tards gave up four in the eighth to blow one to the Rockies Wednesday night, and the Rocks are up 3-0 in the first this afternoon.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass