News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,655 )

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1050 on: May 08, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 08, 2008, 02:25:32 PM
On a positive note, the 'Tards gave up four in the eighth to blow one to the Rockies Wednesday night, and the Rocks are up 3-0 in the first this afternoon.

It's just a matter of time.

The only thing these guys have in common with the Tard teams of the early aughts is the uniform.  Much as we loathed those Edmonds/Rolen/Renteria teams, they were good.  These guys?  C'mon.  Outside of Fat Albert, they ain't shit. 

There impending free-fall will promise to be good times.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1051 on: May 08, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 08, 2008, 02:30:48 PM
Quote from: Dave B on May 08, 2008, 02:25:32 PM
On a positive note, the 'Tards gave up four in the eighth to blow one to the Rockies Wednesday night, and the Rocks are up 3-0 in the first this afternoon.

It's just a matter of time.

The only thing these guys have in common with the Tard teams of the early aughts is the uniform.  Much as we loathed those Edmonds/Rolen/Renteria teams, they were good.  These guys?  C'mon.  Outside of Fat Albert, they ain't shit. 

There impending free-fall will promise to be good times.

But they have Mulder coming back to the rotation any day now. Oh wait, maybe they don't.

QuoteCurrently in the Minor Leagues on a rehab assignment, Mark Mulder was diagnosed with a mild rotator cuff strain of his left shoulder on Wednesday morning. The Cardinals left-hander had been scheduled to pitch again Saturday against Triple-A Tucson, but he is now set to rest for the next week to 10 days before a re-evaluation.

After experiencing shoulder fatigue following his rehab start in Triple-A Memphis on Monday, Mulder returned to St. Louis for a follow-up visit with team physician Dr. George Paletta, who performed shoulder surgery on Mulder in both September of 2006 and 2007.

01/20/2013

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1052 on: May 08, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »
Something Mark Prior can look forward to?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1053 on: May 09, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
QuoteThe Milwaukee Brewers today outrighted pitcher Derrick Turnbow to Class AAA Nashville.

He will report on Monday.

In eight outings this season, Turnbow is 0-1 with a 15.63 ERA, allowing 12 hits, 13 walks and 11 runs in 6 1/3 innings. The opposition is batting .414 against him.

Turnbow was an all-star closer for the Brewers in 2006.

The Brewers haven't won since he was released. It's time to bring him back.
01/20/2013

OFace

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1054 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:16 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 06, 2008, 10:10:30 PM
QuoteTUESDAY: David Lennon adds that the Mets would only be willing to offer Turnbow a minor league deal.  Meanwhile, Gordon Edes hasn't heard anything about the Red Sox pursuing him.

MONDAY: According to John Delcos of The Journal News, the Mets are "discussing whether to sign Derrick Turnbow" (hat tip to MetsBlog).  Turnbow seems like a reasonable gamble for the Mets.  Most teams could stand to add relief depth.

Turnbow was designated on Friday; Ken Rosenthal recently suggested that four teams are interested.  The Brewers would have to do something about his $3.2MM salary if they are to strike a deal.

The Brewers are having their own bullpen problems despite a pricey offseason makeover.  Eric Gagne and David Riske, making a combined $14MM this year, have disappointed so far.

I hope one of them is St. Louis.

It is quite a logical move what with the poo Izzy has been offering as of late and all.
Please action the low hanging fruits if you have any bandwidth.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1055 on: May 09, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
Quote from: OFace on May 09, 2008, 10:05:16 PM
QuoteTUESDAY: David Lennon adds that the Mets would only be willing to offer Turnbow a minor league deal.  Meanwhile, Gordon Edes hasn't heard anything about the Red Sox pursuing him.

MONDAY: According to John Delcos of The Journal News, the Mets are "discussing whether to sign Derrick Turnbow" (hat tip to MetsBlog).  Turnbow seems like a reasonable gamble for the Mets.  Most teams could stand to add relief depth.

Turnbow was designated on Friday; Ken Rosenthal recently suggested that four teams are interested.  The Brewers would have to do something about his $3.2MM salary if they are to strike a deal.

The Brewers are having their own bullpen problems despite a pricey offseason makeover.  Eric Gagne and David Riske, making a combined $14MM this year, have disappointed so far.

It is quite a logical move what with the poo Izzy has been offering as of late and all.

Nice work Izzy--2 pitches, 2 outs, then 1B, 1B, BB, 2R 1B - Game over.

And I got to watch it with a Cardinals fan.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1056 on: May 09, 2008, 10:45:27 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 09, 2008, 10:08:33 PM

You had a date with BC tonight? I wondered what the broad that gave him a number looked like. Now I know. Yilch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1057 on: May 09, 2008, 10:46:46 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 09, 2008, 10:45:27 PM

You had a date with BC tonight? I wondered what the broad that gave him a number looked like. Now I know. Yilch.

That's brutal Apex. CubFaninHydePark is way too classy to be out drinking beers with me.

Plus, I'm not a Cardinals fan. Just a self-loathing Cubs/Bears/Illini fan...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1058 on: May 10, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »
I managed to somehow tune 620-AM in my home last night.   I think I positioned the radio upside down.

Anyway, listening to that 9th inning from the perspective of the team I was pulling for (or, against the team I was rooting against.  Same thing), Bob Uecker's call was deee-lightful to hear.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1059 on: May 10, 2008, 09:49:02 AM »
Quote from: BC on May 09, 2008, 10:46:46 PM

That's brutal Apex. CubFaninHydePark is way too classy to be out drinking beers with me.

Um, no. He's not. Good dude and all but I wouldn't say he's too classy to be out having beers with you. Or 44 ounce steaks for that matter.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1060 on: May 10, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 10, 2008, 09:49:02 AM

Um, no. He's not. Good dude and all but I wouldn't say he's too classy to be out having beers with you. Or 44 ounce steaks for that matter.

Also, he's a Penguins fan.  That pretty much precludes him from being "too classy" for anything.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1061 on: May 10, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »
QuoteBrewers starter Yovani Gallardo confirmed Friday that he'll have surgery on the torn ligament in his right knee, likely ending his season. Gallardo said he believes there's no chance he could avoid the operation on his anterior cruciate ligament, and that it would occur sometime next week.

"I wish I was able to, but I know for sure that I want to be at 100 percent, the last thing I want to do is try to go out there and pitch with it and maybe hurt something with the pressure on it," Gallardo said.

"That sucked the wind out of us," Melvin said of Gallardo's injury. "But we can't let that happen. A lot of teams have injuries. The frustrating part is he and Ben have never been able to pitch on a regular basis for us."

Gallardo said doctors told him there's a 98 percent success rate with the surgery, and Gallardo hopes there's a chance he can return in September or October.
01/20/2013

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1062 on: May 11, 2008, 05:29:25 PM »
Dusty vs. Ned; the ultimate Brain Cramp Death Match. Today's point goes to Dusty:

QuoteThough Corey Patterson was supposed to be at the plate, David Ross batted out of order in the ninth inning of an 8-3 loss to the Mets on Sunday.
What is this, Little League? Per MLB rules, Ross has to complete his at-bat to be ruled out, and the outcome of his at-bat is then discarded with no runners allowed to advance. The Mets allowed him to do so, and since he lined out to right there was little harm done. Ross was the batter listed in the order after Patterson, so he was forced to come back to the plate for his 'real' at-bat and Patterson was charged the out. Ross singled after returning to the batter's box. There's almost too many jokes here for us to enjoy. Corey Patterson making outs even when he's not at-bat is just one of them. As if their wasn't already overwhelming evidence that Dusty Baker is a horrible manager, this just adds more fuel to the fire.
RETIRED

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1063 on: May 11, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on May 11, 2008, 05:29:25 PM
Dusty vs. Ned; the ultimate Brain Cramp Death Match. Today's point goes to Dusty:

QuoteThough Corey Patterson was supposed to be at the plate, David Ross batted out of order in the ninth inning of an 8-3 loss to the Mets on Sunday.
What is this, Little League? Per MLB rules, Ross has to complete his at-bat to be ruled out, and the outcome of his at-bat is then discarded with no runners allowed to advance. The Mets allowed him to do so, and since he lined out to right there was little harm done. Ross was the batter listed in the order after Patterson, so he was forced to come back to the plate for his 'real' at-bat and Patterson was charged the out. Ross singled after returning to the batter's box. There's almost too many jokes here for us to enjoy. Corey Patterson making outs even when he's not at-bat is just one of them. As if their wasn't already overwhelming evidence that Dusty Baker is a horrible manager, this just adds more fuel to the fire.

That as bad as Ned calling for a suicide squeeze with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th of a tie game?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1064 on: May 11, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »
Quote from: CT II on May 10, 2008, 09:54:14 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on May 10, 2008, 09:49:02 AM

Also, he's a Penguins fan.  That pretty much precludes him from being "too classy" for anything.

Certainly not too classy to be hurling expletives at New York's worst suburb--Philadelphia for the next couple of weeks.

Nice to see the Cards lose again today.  With Izzy shutdown, how long can they go without giving Turnblow a shot?  Watching him become the gift that keeps on giving...too good to be true?

And that Cards fan was my Dad.  But nice one Pex.  I'm gonna have to get up to Carmichael's and find my name on that plaque one of these days...
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!