News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,352 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1080 on: May 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 12, 2008, 10:04:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsWnEW0aE1Gc6ayXJUXZJPURvLYF?slug=ap-brewers-gagne&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteMILWAUKEE (AP)—Two days after pronouncing himself unfit to close games for the Milwaukee Brewers, Eric Gagne says he's ready for another shot at a save.

He's just not sure when his next chance will come.

"I want to go out there as soon as I can," Gagne said before Monday's game against St. Louis. "That's the way I am. That's what I know. I know how to close. That's the only thing I know how to do."

Brewers manager Ned Yost hasn't committed to a specific role for Gagne, tied with Cardinals reliever Jason Isringhausen with a major league-worst five blown saves this season.

It would be nice to see him go back to closing blowing games.

If saving games is the only thing he knows how to do, that means he's good at nothing. I mean I'm sure he can cook or maybe change the oil in his car, something...anything. Chin up, Eric.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1081 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsWnEW0aE1Gc6ayXJUXZJPURvLYF?slug=ap-brewers-gagne&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteMILWAUKEE (AP)—Two days after pronouncing himself unfit to close games for the Milwaukee Brewers, Eric Gagne says he's ready for another shot at a save.

"I want to go out there as soon as I can," Gagne said before Monday's game against St. Louis. "That's the way I am. That's what I know. I know how to close. That's the only thing I know how to do."

Brewers manager Ned Yost hasn't committed to a specific role for Gagne, tied with Cardinals reliever Jason Isringhausen with a major league-worst five blown saves this season.

If saving games is the only thing he knows how to do, that means he's good at nothing. I mean I'm sure he can cook or maybe change the oil in his car, something...anything. Chin up, Eric.

Well, he's good with a can of gas. 

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1082 on: May 13, 2008, 06:46:49 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 13, 2008, 02:02:10 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM

Well, he's good with a can of gas. 
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: May 13, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
I happened to flip over to the Cardinals-Brewers game last night in time to see Yadier Molina acting like an eight-year old and pulling the typical Cardinal bullshit. Down 7-1, he starts bitching to the plate ump about a borderline pitch. The plate ump is offended by Molina turning his head and yapping (which is a big no-no), so he goes to brush the plate off and tell him to shut up. Molina continues to yap, so he dumps him. The Genius comes out to add to the scene, while Molina takes his gear off and throws it in the vicinity of the plate. Classy bunch, those Cardinals.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1084 on: May 13, 2008, 10:33:28 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 13, 2008, 10:09:25 AM
I happened to flip over to the Cardinals-Brewers game last night...

I don't believe that you "just happened to flip over to" a Cardinals game.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: May 13, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2008, 10:33:28 AM

Dave BC?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: May 13, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »

It was during one of the breaks in the Cubs game. It was either that or "Dancing With the Stars"!

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1087 on: May 13, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
I happened to flip over to the Cardinals-Brewers game last night in time to see Yadier Molina acting like an eight-year old and pulling the typical Cardinal bullshit. Down 7-1, he starts bitching to the plate ump about a borderline pitch. The plate ump is offended by Molina turning his head and yapping (which is a big no-no), so he goes to brush the plate off and tell him to shut up. Molina continues to yap, so he dumps him. The Genius comes out to add to the scene, while Molina takes his gear off and throws it in the vicinity of the plate. Classy bunch, those Cardinals.

And he probably won't get suspended for it.

But if Soto did it Bud would give him a month off.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: May 13, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 13, 2008, 10:40:22 AM

BC?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: May 13, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 13, 2008, 10:40:22 AM

Actually I'm kind of wondering if Yadi is going to get some forced time off for that... cant really think of a parallel situtation off the top of my head
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1090 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:41 AM »
These Cards are folding faster than cards showing a two and nine.  I think the more rational of us called this a week ago.  I believe I, myself,  said something to the effect that their Sunday night win over the Cubs--with Izzy acting like they had won a WS (which he's never paricipated in, BTW) when he struck out Lee for the series win--may well mark their high point. 

Enjoy your long, hot smelly summer, ass sticks.

BC you can keep worrying, though.  It's fung.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 13, 2008, 10:35:44 AM

It was during one of the breaks in the Cubs game. It was either that or "Dancing With the Stars"!

You chose...poorly.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: May 13, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »
Hey, I went to the "tour" when they came through the Quad Cities and I still would like Cheryl Burke to squeeze my skull with her thighs, but it has lost some of its luster.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: May 13, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 13, 2008, 11:31:47 AM
Hey, I went to the "tour" when they came through the Quad Cities and I still would like Cheryl Burke to squeeze my skull with her thighs, but it has lost some of its luster.

It was better in Chicago, when a Desipiot ruled the dance floor. And, yeah, going to see hot women in skimpy outfits while your wife thinks you're doing it for her is a championship move.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on May 13, 2008, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: Dave B on May 13, 2008, 11:31:47 AM

It was better in Chicago, when a Desipiot ruled the dance floor. And, yeah, going to see hot women in skimpy outfits while your wife thinks you're doing it for her is a championship move.

I'm sorry.  I cannot endorse men attending Dancing with the Stars tour events.