News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,739 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1320 on: June 20, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
Quote from: Hawkeye's clutchness on June 20, 2008, 12:58:14 PM
what is more ridiculous--Dave Bush throwing a no hitter for 7 or Fielder with his second career inside the park dinger yesterday? Looked like he was running to the buffet line salad bar.

Vegetarian'd.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1321 on: June 22, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
Do the Reds need an infielder?

QuoteRoch Kubatko of the Baltimore Sun informs us that the Orioles have designated infielder Freddie Bynum for assignment. The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. Bynum, 28, had posted an underwhelming line of .192/.238./.242 in 99 ABs for the O's this season.

Baltimore has recalled RHP Ryan Bukvich in his place. Bukvich, 30, was 4-1 at AAA Norfolk with a 3.89 ERA in 34.2 IP. Oscar Salazar will take over Bynum's role of backing up Alex Cintron at shortstop.

01/20/2013

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1322 on: June 23, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »
Don't look now, here comes the SURGE...

QuoteThe Cardinals are projecting lefthander Mark Mulder for a start in next weekend's series against the Kansas City Royals, pending a successful "light" outing tonight with Class AAA Memphis.

Manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan insisted Sunday that a "good chance" exists for Mulder to make his first major-league start since being sidelined last August with shoulder discomfort that led to a second rotator cuff operation. Mulder is on a rehab assignment that included a difficult outing Thursday against Albuquerque.

Tonight's outing is considered a tuneup more than a full-blown start, suggesting the Cardinals have made a decision but will wait to see how Mulder exits the appearance before confirming his return to the major leagues.

"It depends on how it goes. We're not really putting a day on it," general manager John Mozeliak said.

Asked when Mulder would start, Mozeliak said, "We'll know that by Tuesday."

Mulder took a beating in his last outing, allowing 10 hits and six earned runs and walking two in 3 2/3 innings, but Duncan implied that stronger defensive support might have put the outing in a better light. Still, in three starts at Memphis covering both rehab assignments, Mulder has absorbed a 13.50 ERA while permitting 33 baserunners and a .438 batting average in 13 1/3 innings. Mulder was 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA in three starts at Class AA Springfield.

The move toward activating Mulder comes at the apparent expense of Matt Clement, also on a rehab assignment at Memphis following shoulder surgery in 2006.

The Cardinals have ordered Clement to the Redbirds' bullpen after a troubled outing Friday.

"At this point, we believe Mulder is farther ahead," Mozeliak said. "Clement has had some good outings but has not been able to do it every fifth day."

I think they should save his debut for the weekend of the 4th, myself.

http://mvn.com/mlb-cardinals/2008/06/20/rehab-report-mulder-clement-struggle-in-memphis/

QuoteAnd then we have Matt Clement.  He had a couple of decent outings before being sent to Memphis for a start tonight against the Albuquerque Isotopes.  As I am writing this, it is the 3rd inning and Matt seems to be struggling as much as Mulder.  Through 2 2/3 innings, he has already given up 6 runs, walked 3, and given up 2 homeruns.  I remember when Clement was with the Cubs, but I do not remember much about his pitch speeds. He has hit either 82mph or 83mph 99% of the time tonight, with an occasional 75mph changeup.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1323 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Clement used to throw low-90s fastballs with a nasty slider during his '02-'04 salad days. He could be maddeningly wild too. And the wildness could strike at any time. Remember when he had a no-hitter through five in Puerto Rico against Les Expos and then he... he... and then Farnsworth... and Jose Macias... and nobody caught the damn.... FDKSjf;laksdjf;lkajdfad;lakjfd;a!!!!!

Fuck Clement. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1324 on: June 23, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 23, 2008, 10:24:19 AM
Clement used to throw low-90s fastballs with a nasty slider during his '02-'04 salad days. He could be maddeningly wild too. And the wildness could strike at any time. Remember when he had a no-hitter through five in Puerto Rico against Les Expos and then he... he... and then Farnsworth... and Jose Macias... and nobody caught the damn.... FDKSjf;laksdjf;lkajdfad;lakjfd;a!!!!!

Fuck Clement. 

Clement was one of the most off-and-on pitchers I've ever seen.  He'd either be very dominant, or get lit up.  There wasn't much of a middle ground.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1325 on: June 24, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
BC can crawl out from under the bed, the SURGE has been delayed until further notice:

QuoteCardinals left-hander Mark Mulder, recovering from two operations on his shoulder, was scratched from Monday's scheduled injury rehab start due to back stiffness. St. Louis was hoping to activate Mulder this weekend after a final tuneup.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1326 on: June 24, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 24, 2008, 10:50:40 AM
BC can crawl out from under the bed, the SURGE has been delayed until further notice:

QuoteCardinals left-hander Mark Mulder, recovering from two operations on his shoulder, was scratched from Monday's scheduled injury rehab start due to back stiffness. St. Louis was hoping to activate Mulder this weekend after a final tuneup.

July 4th Mark Mulder returns vs. a rested and angry Carlos Zambrano.

Bring toe tags.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1327 on: June 24, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
Here's a link to some photos of the Dirt Hole Formerly Known as The Big Urinal Cake. Looks like they aren't making much progress in building a Ballpark Village on the site of the old dump.

http://iwitness.stltoday.com/mycapture/photos/Album.aspx?EventID=535680&CategoryID=21342

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1328 on: June 24, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
The Cubs can sweep it up for them July 4-6.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1329 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 24, 2008, 02:26:13 PM
Here's a link to some photos of the Dirt Hole Formerly Known as The Big Urinal Cake. Looks like they aren't making much progress in building a Ballpark Village on the site of the old dump.

http://iwitness.stltoday.com/mycapture/photos/Album.aspx?EventID=535680&CategoryID=21342

I don't see what the problem is here. That land is plenty good enough for the Tards' fans to start wheeling in their trailers.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1330 on: June 24, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 24, 2008, 03:12:10 PM
Quote from: Dave B on June 24, 2008, 02:26:13 PM

I don't see what the problem is here. That land is plenty good enough for the Tards' fans to start wheeling in their trailers.

That does look like a perfectly good FEMA trailer lot.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1331 on: June 24, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
If anybody has the Extra Innings package you can flip over to the Pirates game and watch Dave Wannstache pound beers in the front row right behind home plate.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1332 on: June 24, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on June 24, 2008, 07:39:53 PM
If anybody has the Extra Innings package you can flip over to the Pirates game and watch Dave Wannstache pound beers in the front row right behind home plate.

It would be worth it to maybe see him catch a foul ball in his half-stached face. Otherwise I'll pass.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1333 on: June 24, 2008, 08:33:36 PM »
So THAT was why Sean Marshall was in Iowa all season...

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com