News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,692 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1410 on: July 18, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
I think you guys might be thinking of these wieners:

Black pudding, son...  aka, morcilla in Argentina. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1411 on: July 18, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »
Dinner at Dahmer's.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

TrueBlueBrewCrew

• I'm not as think as you stoned I am . . .
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1412 on: July 19, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on July 18, 2008, 06:45:57 PM
I think you guys might be thinking of these wieners:

Black pudding, son...  aka, morcilla in Argentina. 

Thanks Powen. It's bad enough they added that stupid Chorizo wearing a sombrero to the sausage races at Miller Park. Now you've given them the idea to add a color correct sausage. So this being an Argentina sausage, does this mean it will be wearing a South American style cowboy hat and chaps? Or should they just simply skip the country of origin and have it wear a loin cloth, carry a machete and call it Kunta Kinte?

At a recent Brewers game we were all wondering where the Cuban, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rican, etc. sausages were?
Take me drunk Occifer, I'm home!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1413 on: July 19, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »
Quote from: TrueBlueBrewCrew on July 19, 2008, 11:12:08 AM
Thanks Powen. It's bad enough they added that stupid Chorizo wearing a sombrero to the sausage races at Miller Park. Now you've given them the idea to add a color correct sausage. So this being an Argentina sausage, does this mean it will be wearing a South American style cowboy hat and chaps? Or should they just simply skip the country of origin and have it wear a loin cloth, carry a machete and call it Kunta Kinte?

At a recent Brewers game we were all wondering where the Cuban, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rican, etc. sausages were?

Unfunny and racist.

Are you sure you're not a Reds fan?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1414 on: July 19, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/07/19/did-brewers-trade-ford-for-street.aspx

San Francisco - I just got a call from a contact in Brevard County who told me that word was circulating there that outfielder Darren Ford had been involved in a trade for Oakland closer Huston Street.

Then, Ford was pulled from Brevard's lineup before its game against Clearwater. Players often are pulled from the lineup when they've been put into a trade. The Brewers did the same thing with Matt LaPorta in Huntsville before trading him to Cleveland in the CC Sabathia deal.

The fact that Ford was pulled from the lineup makes me believe something could be up. He has no injury that I know of.

GM Doug Melvin is here with the club, so I'll go ask him if it's true and get back to you.
01/20/2013

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1415 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on July 19, 2008, 08:42:18 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/07/19/did-brewers-trade-ford-for-street.aspx

San Francisco - I just got a call from a contact in Brevard County who told me that word was circulating there that outfielder Darren Ford had been involved in a trade for Oakland closer Huston Street.

Then, Ford was pulled from Brevard's lineup before its game against Clearwater. Players often are pulled from the lineup when they've been put into a trade. The Brewers did the same thing with Matt LaPorta in Huntsville before trading him to Cleveland in the CC Sabathia deal.

The fact that Ford was pulled from the lineup makes me believe something could be up. He has no injury that I know of.

GM Doug Melvin is here with the club, so I'll go ask him if it's true and get back to you.

Well fuck...I know Street isn't as good as he was his first year or two, and he's seemingly been on the DL for a majority of his career so far, but still.  That shitty bullpen was one of the few things keeping the Brewers from being contenders (I still don't think they are).

RW

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1416 on: July 20, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 19, 2008, 09:21:39 PM
Quote from: Taylor2 on July 19, 2008, 08:42:18 PM

Well fuck...I know Street isn't as good as he was his first year or two, and he's seemingly been on the DL for a majority of his career so far, but still.  That shitty bullpen was one of the few things keeping the Brewers from being contenders (I still don't think they are).

Actually...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3497321

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1417 on: July 20, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »
Huston Street...Ray Durham, same difference.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1418 on: July 20, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
Quote from: Andy on July 20, 2008, 01:57:40 PM

Phew. God help us if Melvin ever takes notice of his bullpen.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1419 on: July 20, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on July 20, 2008, 02:03:01 PM

I don't know who is truly available at this point, but the only real impact bullpen guy that I see as likely available is Fuentes. And, frankly, I think the Cubs should be looking at him just as much as the Brewers or anyone else. The Cubs don't really have a great lefty in the bullpen anyway, and Fuentes could even become the closer if Wood's problem is more than a one-week deal. With the inconsistent pitching from Marmol and Howry, I think the Cubs need to trade for a bullpen pitcher anyway. Wood's situation makes a bullpen trade maybe not a complete necessity but certainly something that the Cubs should be looking at VERY strongly right now.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1420 on: July 20, 2008, 11:06:40 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 20, 2008, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on July 20, 2008, 02:03:01 PM

I don't know who is truly available at this point, but the only real impact bullpen guy that I see as likely available is Fuentes. And, frankly, I think the Cubs should be looking at him just as much as the Brewers or anyone else. The Cubs don't really have a great lefty in the bullpen anyway, and Fuentes could even become the closer if Wood's problem is more than a one-week deal. With the inconsistent pitching from Marmol and Howry, I think the Cubs need to trade for a bullpen pitcher anyway. Wood's situation makes a bullpen trade maybe not a complete necessity but certainly something that the Cubs should be looking at VERY strongly right now.

I would guess Gaudin would be the guy Piniella would go to if they needed another closer. But having another lefty in the pen wouldn't hurt.

Another bat off the bench would be better though.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1421 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:13 AM »
There is nothing wrong with this team that Les Walrond can't fix.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1422 on: July 21, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »
Quote from: Andy on July 21, 2008, 08:38:13 AM

Geez, Andy...

I kinda wish you'd have spoken up sooner...

Quote from: Thrillho on June 03, 2008, 09:24:56 PM
Second question, one part... Is my memory fading or did I miss the announcement that Les Walrond has been out of the Cubs' system and in the Phillies' since late April?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1423 on: July 21, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »
Maybe he meant Lester Strode.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1424 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on July 21, 2008, 09:42:05 AM
Quote from: Andy on July 21, 2008, 08:38:13 AM

Geez, Andy...

I kinda wish you'd have spoken up sooner...

Quote from: Thrillho on June 03, 2008, 09:24:56 PM
Second question, one part... Is my memory fading or did I miss the announcement that Les Walrond has been out of the Cubs' system and in the Phillies' since late April?

And he's been tearing shit up, too.  He has a 1.50 ERA in July and recently struck out 17 guys in a game. 

We never should have let him go.  DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!