News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,117 )

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1440 on: July 31, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on July 31, 2008, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 31, 2008, 03:18:47 PM
So when is Turn Blow back in teh majors?  And which Brewers reliever gets photoshopped in to this year's 2008 Cubs team photo?  Holy shit is that bullpen absolutely terribad.

Gagne trying to start some shit...  Throwing behind Jimmy Salami.

The next series with these pricks should be real fun...  Hell, I'm psyched to hear the rest of the game.

And Fielder loses his mind and gets tossed.  What a beautiful train wreck. 

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1441 on: August 02, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »
Spicoli fractures his Mr. Hand.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/news/2008/jul/31/greene-fractures-hand-may-be-out-season/

QuoteSAN DIEGO — As the Padres feared, shortstop Khalil Greene fractured his left hand on Wednesday night when he slammed a storage chest at Petco Park in frustration over his seasonlong slump.

Greene's return for this season is doubtful, according to the club.

Greene said after the 7-3 defeat to the Diamondbacks that he was in "excruciating pain" after fouling a ball off his shin during the seventh inning. After the at-bat ended with Greene's 100th strikeout, Greene went to clubhouse tunnel. There, Greene said, his frustration got the best of him and he drove his left hand into a storage chest.

Greene said the response was more in reaction to a difficult season than his throbbing shin. He is batting .213 with 10 home runs and 15 doubles.

"I don't know how to put into words the frustration level, how difficult this year has been," Greene said. "For me to do that, it's certainly not commonplace."

I know it's not the NL Central, but I didn't think it was worth a new thread.
01/20/2013

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1442 on: August 02, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »
Is there really anything dumber than punching a wall/door?  The hand loses almost every time.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1443 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:20 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 02, 2008, 12:28:42 PM
Spicoli fractures his Mr. Hand.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/news/2008/jul/31/greene-fractures-hand-may-be-out-season/

QuoteSAN DIEGO — As the Padres feared, shortstop Khalil Greene fractured his left hand on Wednesday night when he slammed a storage chest at Petco Park in frustration over his seasonlong slump.

Greene's return for this season is doubtful, according to the club.

Greene said after the 7-3 defeat to the Diamondbacks that he was in "excruciating pain" after fouling a ball off his shin during the seventh inning. After the at-bat ended with Greene's 100th strikeout, Greene went to clubhouse tunnel. There, Greene said, his frustration got the best of him and he drove his left hand into a storage chest.

Greene said the response was more in reaction to a difficult season than his throbbing shin. He is batting .213 with 10 home runs and 15 doubles.

"I don't know how to put into words the frustration level, how difficult this year has been," Greene said. "For me to do that, it's certainly not commonplace."

I know it's not the NL Central, but I didn't think it was worth a new thread.

The dummies at the 4-letter site were actually advocating the Cubs make a trade for Chip's boyfriend. I'm surprised they didn't make a unicorn avatar for the guy.

RETIRED

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1444 on: August 03, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »

How many "seasonlong slumps" does a player get to have before they just start saying he sucks?
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1445 on: August 03, 2008, 10:33:15 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on August 03, 2008, 08:26:39 AM

How many "seasonlong slumps" does a player get to have before they just start saying he sucks?

Ask Jerome Walton about that.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1446 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »
The Deadbirds turn a 1-run lead with 2-out in the 8th into a 3-run deficit after hits by Utley, Howard, Burrell and a 3-run dong by a pinch-hitting Shane Victorino.  The Tards' pen sucks as bad--or even more--than the Brewers.  Which says a lot.

And then the Tards get within one and load the bases against Lidge, and Lidge works out of it to preserve a 5-4 win.  And the Brewers get shutout too.  Bonus.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1447 on: August 10, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Apy9DcO2ekFR61sAxtLEpk4b0bYF?slug=txastroslee&prov=st&type=lgns

QuoteCINCINNATI (TICKER) —Houston Astros left fielder Carlos Lee, who likely will miss the rest of the season with a broken left pinky, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday.

Lee suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch in Saturday's 3-1 loss to the Cincinnati Reds and is expected to be sidelined for six to eight weeks. It is a huge blow for the Astros as the slugging outfielder leads the National League with 100 RBI.
01/20/2013

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1448 on: August 10, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 10, 2008, 10:24:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Apy9DcO2ekFR61sAxtLEpk4b0bYF?slug=txastroslee&prov=st&type=lgns

QuoteCINCINNATI (TICKER) —Houston Astros left fielder Carlos Lee, who likely will miss the rest of the season with a broken left pinky, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday.

Lee suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch in Saturday's 3-1 loss to the Cincinnati Reds and is expected to be sidelined for six to eight weeks. It is a huge blow for the Astros as the slugging outfielder leads the National League with 100 RBI.

Finally, we've found a way to stop Lee from killing the Cubs.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1449 on: August 10, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on August 10, 2008, 10:42:12 PM

I don't understand this.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1450 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 10, 2008, 10:56:04 PM

I don't understand this.

Perhaps a photoshop is in order?
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1451 on: August 11, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »

Well, more like the Reds found a way to keep Lee from killing the Cubs.  Thanks, Dusty?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Joe

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1452 on: August 11, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »
One more guy blocking Korey from his full potential is out of the way....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3529966

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1453 on: August 11, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »
Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2008, 01:53:37 PM
One more guy blocking Korey from his full potential is out of the way....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3529966

The chicken littles over at the former letter site are probably handing the World Series to the D'Backs now, seeing as how they just acquired the single greatest player in the history of the game (next to Matt Murton, of course).   

Good move for the D'Backs, although its going to be fun watching them try to hide him in the outfield. 

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1454 on: August 11, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on August 11, 2008, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2008, 01:53:37 PM

The chicken littles over at the former letter site are probably handing the World Series to the D'Backs now, seeing as how they just acquired the single greatest player in the history of the game (next to Matt Murton, of course).   

Good move for the D'Backs, although its going to be fun watching them try to hide him in the outfield. 

Why not just sign Barry Bonds and not give up anything? The quality of play in the outfield is going to be about the same level of hilarious, and Bonds won't strike out 40% of the time.