News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,300 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1455 on: August 11, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 11, 2008, 03:03:29 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on August 11, 2008, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2008, 01:53:37 PM
One more guy blocking Korey from his full potential is out of the way....http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3529966

The chicken littles over at the former letter site are probably handing the World Series to the D'Backs now, seeing as how they just acquired the single greatest player in the history of the game (next to Matt Murton, of course).   

Good move for the D'Backs, although its going to be fun watching them try to hide him in the outfield. 

Why not just sign Barry Bonds and not give up anything? The quality of play in the outfield is going to be about the same level of hilarious, and Bonds won't strike out 40% of the time.

They couldn't afford the increase in cost for the additional fabric to expand a standard hat.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1456 on: August 11, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »
That's a pretty huge name to make it through waivers.  Kinda surprising.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1457 on: August 11, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
Crazy Rumor Guy says the D'backs claimed Dunn and had to work out a deal for him.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1458 on: August 11, 2008, 03:52:08 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 11, 2008, 03:33:51 PM
That's a pretty huge name to make it through waivers.  Kinda surprising.

I guess all the other teams had already met their quota on "red-headed bull dyke softball playin' mashers".
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1459 on: August 14, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings

Quote• Seeing Red: We've heard some buzzing lately, among baseball men, scouts and players, about a recent Dusty Baker quote on the Reds' troubles that sure looked like an attempt to absolve himself of all blame.

"I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will," Baker told the Dayton Daily News' Hal McCoy. "But this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine. I just hope there is enough out there after the season that we can get to help us."

Maybe we're not reading that right. But if we're misinterpreting it, suffice it to say we're not the only ones. And it appears Baker is saying that the Reds' disappointing record is his players' fault, and his former GM's fault, but not his own or his current GM's doing.

Well, obviously, Jocketty is only now beginning to put his stamp on this roster. And the players haven't exactly overachieved. But doesn't the manager bear some responsibility for this mess, too?

Scouts who have followed the Reds continually talk about their messy execution, their mediocre defense and their distinct lack of energy. There also has been plenty of second-guessing of Baker's lineup choices (particularly those 242 at-bats Corey Patterson has gotten).

And there is no shortage of people wondering whether Aaron Harang's forearm injury -- along with his 1-6, 8.49 slide in the past 2½ months -- might be a direct result of Baker's decision to allow him to throw 63 pitches in relief on two days' rest in a May 25 18-inning game, then start him on three days' rest immediately afterward.

Dusty Baker has many admirable traits. And this is not an attempt to heap all the blame on him. We're just saying that when teams like this fall apart, it's everybody's fault -- including the manager's.

Dusty Baker somebody else's problem.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1460 on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 14, 2008, 02:53:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings

Quote• Seeing Red: We've heard some buzzing lately, among baseball men, scouts and players, about a recent Dusty Baker quote on the Reds' troubles that sure looked like an attempt to absolve himself of all blame.

"I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will," Baker told the Dayton Daily News' Hal McCoy. "But this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine. I just hope there is enough out there after the season that we can get to help us."

Maybe we're not reading that right. But if we're misinterpreting it, suffice it to say we're not the only ones. And it appears Baker is saying that the Reds' disappointing record is his players' fault, and his former GM's fault, but not his own or his current GM's doing.

Well, obviously, Jocketty is only now beginning to put his stamp on this roster. And the players haven't exactly overachieved. But doesn't the manager bear some responsibility for this mess, too?

Scouts who have followed the Reds continually talk about their messy execution, their mediocre defense and their distinct lack of energy. There also has been plenty of second-guessing of Baker's lineup choices (particularly those 242 at-bats Corey Patterson has gotten).

And there is no shortage of people wondering whether Aaron Harang's forearm injury -- along with his 1-6, 8.49 slide in the past 2½ months -- might be a direct result of Baker's decision to allow him to throw 63 pitches in relief on two days' rest in a May 25 18-inning game, then start him on three days' rest immediately afterward.

Dusty Baker has many admirable traits. And this is not an attempt to heap all the blame on him. We're just saying that when teams like this fall apart, it's everybody's fault -- including the manager's.

Dusty Baker somebody else's problem.

That is very unlike Dusty to try to pass the blame on to others. It's also good to know that he's never wanted to win more than right now.
01/20/2013

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1461 on: August 14, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'm astounded at how similar the Reds' problems are to that of the Dusty Baker-era Cubs.  Corey Patterson getting too many at-bats?  Check.  Pitching injuries?  Check.  All of it not being Dusty's fault (according to Dusty)?  Check check check.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1462 on: August 14, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
Quote from: motown on August 14, 2008, 03:49:53 PM
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'm astounded at how similar the Reds' problems are to that of the Dusty Baker-era Cubs.  Corey Patterson getting too many at-bats?  Check.  Pitching injuries?  Check.  All of it not being Dusty's fault (according to Dusty)?  Check check check.

Shut up Paul, you're a douche.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1463 on: August 14, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »
Dusty's still never had a winning season as a manager without a star outfielder chock-full-o-roids to anchor the lineup.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1464 on: August 14, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
Quote from: Andy on August 14, 2008, 03:56:23 PM
Dusty's still never had a winning season as a manager without a star outfielder chock-full-o-roids to anchor the lineup.

No, no, no....  They're called horses; and it's called Lasix.

Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1465 on: August 14, 2008, 04:22:51 PM »

So Dusty just needs Korey to juice up and he'll have a winning team again.
01/20/2013

Buck Naked

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1466 on: August 14, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 14, 2008, 04:22:51 PM

He said Star outfielder.

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1467 on: August 14, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »
Quote from: Buck Naked on August 14, 2008, 05:11:19 PM

He said Star outfielder.

In Dusty's mind he is one.
01/20/2013

Buck Naked

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1468 on: August 14, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 14, 2008, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: Buck Naked on August 14, 2008, 05:11:19 PM

He said Star outfielder.

In Dusty's mind he is one. Dude.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1469 on: August 15, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »
Just a little note for you. In the loss column, the Cardinals are now closer to the Astros than they are to the Brewers.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.