News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,374 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1515 on: August 20, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on August 20, 2008, 08:59:12 AM
I don't think the Reds have THAT much suck in them, but with Dusty Baker, anything is likely.
With Walt Jockety, Dusty Baker is probably no better than even money to be back with the team next year.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: August 20, 2008, 09:30:41 AM »
In '06, while Baker was earnestly working toward driving Cub fans to suicide, the Cubs were 53-69 by August 19th.  Although, after that point, they'd go 3-18 in their next 21..

I'll give Dusty credit: without that epic suck in the final few weeks, the Cubs wouldn't have Josh Vitters.  So, yay?

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 20, 2008, 09:30:41 AM
In '06, while Baker was earnestly working toward driving Cub fans to suicide, the Cubs were 53-69 by August 19th.  Although, after that point, they'd go 3-18 in their next 21..

I'll give Dusty credit: without that epic suck in the final few weeks, the Cubs wouldn't have Josh Vitters.  So, yay?

Or Lou Piniella.
01/20/2013

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »
The Reds management has decided that the organization has finally reached a new level of suck,  so they pony'd up and issued a letter of apology. 

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/fan_forum/letter_to_fans.jsp

QuoteWe added Dusty Baker, a proven winning manager. And, we have capitalized on our burgeoning younger players like Joey Votto, Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto.
I assume that when they use the word "capitalize" they refer to it in the loosest of definitions.   By "capitalize" do you mean leaving Patterson in the lineup as Bruce is raking in AAA? 

QuoteWe are pleased that the trades allow Griffey and Dunn the opportunity to play for teams in tight division races.
Who the fuck cares if the player you just traded gets to play for a contender?   What kind of fucktard puts that in an apology letter to your fans?    They might as well say "We suck!,  but guess what?  You may get to watch Dunn and Griffey play in October.   Just not with us."

QuoteWe ask your continued trust and patience
Until we come to our senses and fire Baker.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: August 20, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »
Quote from: Lukester on August 20, 2008, 11:53:41 AM
The Reds management has decided that the organization has finally reached a new level of suck,  so they pony'd up and issued a letter of apology. 

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/fan_forum/letter_to_fans.jsp

QuoteWe added Dusty Baker, a proven winning manager. And, we have capitalized on our burgeoning younger players like Joey Votto, Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto.
I assume that when they use the word "capitalize" they refer to it in the loosest of definitions.   By "capitalize" do you mean leaving Patterson in the lineup as Bruce is raking in AAA? 

QuoteWe are pleased that the trades allow Griffey and Dunn the opportunity to play for teams in tight division races.
Who the fuck cares if the player you just traded gets to play for a contender?   What kind of fucktard puts that in an apology letter to your fans?    They might as well say "We suck!,  but guess what?  You may get to watch Dunn and Griffey play in October.   Just not with us."

QuoteWe ask your continued trust and patience
Until we come to our senses and fire Baker.

You just wait until the MODS see this, Luke.

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=6215.0
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1520 on: August 20, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »
Apparently I copy and paste like Jay Bruce gets under fly balls.
New link to apology letter:   http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/fan_forum/letter_to_fans.jsp

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: August 20, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 20, 2008, 08:30:13 AM
More pearls of wisdom from Johnnie B. Baker Jr.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/reds/2008/08/19/ddn081908spreds.html

QuoteWhat does that make the Reds? Spoilers, er, potential spoilers.

"This is very beneficial because we plan on being in that race next year," said Baker, sipping from his large mug of liquid optimism. "The guys who have never been there think they know what it is all about or think they can handle it. But you don't know until you get there. The importance, the pressure.

"You get a taste of it and think, 'This is what we want. This is what we need.' It is a long road to get there, into a pennant race. A lot of our young guys can get a taste of what that long and up-and-down road is all about."

Christ this guy is certifiable. Why the hell do teams keep giving this numnuts a job? Not that I'm complaining now that he's another team in the Central.

Where's the old thread with all the "Dustyisms" in it? I couldn't find it with search.

RETIRED

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: August 20, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Quote from: Poon on August 20, 2008, 12:06:27 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 19, 2008, 11:10:03 PM
Milwaukees other "Ace" gives up a 2-out, 2-on bomb to Geoff Blum to lose the game.  Maybe they should've had Cee Cee pitch the 6th.

Don't let Ned hear this idea or CC will work out of the pen on all four of his off days.

Why not have him toss his "side session" in late innings?  I'm kinda afraid for Cee Cee that it might come down to something ridiculous like this.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1523 on: August 21, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
You know all those jokes involving Dusty saying "Dude, you got to hit the second baseman second".  Ned Yost doesn't see the humor in it.

http://wisconsinsportsblogs.blogspot.com/2008/08/money-order.html
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1524 on: August 21, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 21, 2008, 10:24:19 AM
You know all those jokes involving Dusty saying "Dude, you got to hit the second baseman second".  Ned Yost doesn't see the humor in it.

That is outstanding.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:56 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on August 21, 2008, 10:30:24 AM

That is outstanding.

Ned Yost is just trying to get a BCB T-shirt.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: August 21, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »

Anybody still have Dusty's lineup chart?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: August 21, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 21, 2008, 10:37:56 AM

That is outstanding.

QuoteObviously, this is insane. Nobody does their lineup based strictly upon the postion that the player plays. I'm not a Ned hater. In fact, I've generally been a Ned defender. But conventional wisdom would tell you that batting Kapler 3rd every game that Braun doesn't play is nuts. In that situation, Hart should hit 3rd, with Cameron hitting 5th. Counsell should never, ever, ever, ever bat 2nd and he has no business batting 6th either. If he plays, he hits 7th or 8th. Look, the idea is to get your best hitters more at bats, and your sluggers more at bats with the potential for runners to be on base.

But the craziest thing? The Money Order works. In the 39 games that Ned used it since July 6, the Brewers are 24-15. In the 7 games that Ned used the Money Order in June, the Brewers were 5-2. That's 29-17 in 46 games with the Money Order since mid-June.

In other news, Yost's neighborhood Bear Patrol seems to be working like a charm.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1528 on: August 21, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on August 21, 2008, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Eli on August 21, 2008, 10:37:56 AM

That is outstanding.

QuoteObviously, this is insane. Nobody does their lineup based strictly upon the postion that the player plays. I'm not a Ned hater. In fact, I've generally been a Ned defender. But conventional wisdom would tell you that batting Kapler 3rd every game that Braun doesn't play is nuts. In that situation, Hart should hit 3rd, with Cameron hitting 5th. Counsell should never, ever, ever, ever bat 2nd and he has no business batting 6th either. If he plays, he hits 7th or 8th. Look, the idea is to get your best hitters more at bats, and your sluggers more at bats with the potential for runners to be on base.

But the craziest thing? The Money Order works. In the 39 games that Ned used it since July 6, the Brewers are 24-15. In the 7 games that Ned used the Money Order in June, the Brewers were 5-2. That's 29-17 in 46 games with the Money Order since mid-June.

In other news, Yost's neighborhood Bear Patrol seems to be working like a charm.

Thrillho, I'd like to BUY your rock.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1529 on: August 21, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on August 20, 2008, 01:00:51 PM
Where's the old thread with all the "Dustyisms" in it? I couldn't find it with search.

Another chapter in Chuck Dicken's tireless contributions to baseball analysis.

Edit:  I realize that this was not exactly the droids that PPE was looking for, but I think it's still very apt, considering what Ned is doing.
FIRE EVERYBODY!