News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,338 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1560 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 28, 2008, 08:22:00 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/st-louis-rallies-for-four-runs-in-eighth-inning-08-28-2008.html

QuoteCarlos Villanueva made the mistake Wednesday of forgetting the past.

With his celebratory, brash and then profane gesture after escaping a bases-loaded, seventh-inning jam, the Milwaukee Brewers reliever may have helped instigate a game-changing four-run rally by the Cardinals an inning later.

"I guess he did us a favor. He woke up a sleeping giant, obviously," said first baseman Albert Pujols.

QuoteRather than coolly walk to his dugout, Villanueva struck a flex pose that did not escape Pujols' notice. Villanueva further inflamed the situation, according to Pujols and several teammates, by pointing and screaming at the home dugout. Pujols quickly rose from a crouch in the on-deck circle and responded to Villanueva, who replied by cursing Pujols in Spanish.

The situation almost escalated further when catcher Yadier Molina heard Villanueva's comments to Pujols. Molina moved toward Villanueva but was intercepted.

The lesson in this is to not wake up Grandpa from his nap. He gets very cranky when someone does that.

Lou Dobbs is gonna be pissed that they're cursing in Spanish on an AMERICAN ballfield!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1561 on: August 28, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
I just shook my head at that shit last night. Somebody on the Cardinals got their tower buzzed earlier in the game, so they retaliated by drilling Braun in the ribs. Then the Villanueva/Pujols incident. All typical Genius (and to a lesser extent, Butchie) bullshit. It made me think how Edmonds has not really exhibited the same cocky crap that made him such a douche in St. Louis. Some of it may be because he's a Cub now, but it's interesting how a lot of guys start acting better once they get away from LaRussa's crap.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1562 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:26 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 28, 2008, 11:24:03 AM
It made me think how Edmonds has not really exhibited the same cocky crap that made him such a douche in St. Louis. Some of it may be because he's a Cub now, but it's interesting how a lot of guys start acting better once they get away from LaRussa's crap.

Since Scott Rolen always maintained his cool, I'm not going to completely exonerate Lassie
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1563 on: August 28, 2008, 11:32:11 AM »
I just shook my head at that shit last night. Somebody on the Cardinals got their tower buzzed earlier in the game, so they retaliated by drilling Braun in the ribs. Then the Villanueva/Pujols incident. All typical Genius (and to a lesser extent, Butchie) bullshit. It made me think how Edmonds has not really exhibited the same cocky crap that made him such a douche in St. Louis. Some of it may be because he's a Cub now, but it's interesting how a lot of guys start acting better once they get away from LaRussa's crap.

Lou isn't letting any of that crap go on.  The only time I can think of any possible retaliation this season was Lilly against the Braves and that was really nothing compared to the shit they've pulled on the Cubs the last two seasons.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1564 on: August 28, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
Quote from: Poon on August 28, 2008, 11:32:11 AM

Lou isn't letting any of that crap go on.  The only time I can think of any possible retaliation this season was Lilly against the Braves and that was really nothing compared to the shit they've pulled on the Cubs the last two seasons.

Ted may have been acting on his own bloodthirsty impulses.
01/20/2013

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1565 on: August 28, 2008, 12:10:09 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 28, 2008, 12:06:31 PM
Quote from: Poon on August 28, 2008, 11:32:11 AM

Ted may have been acting on his own bloodthirsty impulses.

I'm not referring to the chopped up bits of hooker found in his locker.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1566 on: August 28, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on August 28, 2008, 11:31:26 AM
It made me think how Edmonds has not really exhibited the same cocky crap that made him such a douche in St. Louis. Some of it may be because he's a Cub now, but it's interesting how a lot of guys start acting better once they get away from LaRussa's crap.

Since Scott Rolen always maintained his cool, I'm not going to completely exonerate Lassie

While it's common knowledge that Rolen hated The Genius, so did almost everyone else. Rolen parlayed his hatred into a trade out of town. I am not exonerating Edmonds, either. Maybe he's buying into the focus this team seems to have, and they don't get caught up in the peripheral bullshit. I've noticed convicts behave better when they have a respected and disciplined CO running the unit. Put some dipshit down there who doesn't make them follow the rules, and they start acting like caged monkeys.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1567 on: August 28, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

That's because he knows how Apex treats mere photographs of douchey players, and doesn't want to find out what he'll do to the genuine article.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1568 on: August 28, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »

Only Uncle Nedley is dumb enough to get caught in the exact same High School Harry bullshit fight with the Cardinals in two straight pennant races. He's going to dick around and cost them a playoff spot.

I Fucking Love Ned Yost.

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1569 on: August 28, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »

And, Rolen seemed to have pretty much stayed in LaRussa's doghouse.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1570 on: August 28, 2008, 04:58:52 PM »
Quote from: Rooster on August 28, 2008, 04:56:58 PM

That's so perfect.  The one decent dude in that clubhouse gets treated like a pariah by The Genius.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1571 on: August 28, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on August 28, 2008, 04:58:52 PM
Quote from: Rooster on August 28, 2008, 04:56:58 PM

That's so perfect.  The one decent dude in that clubhouse gets treated like a pariah by The Genius.

Rolen didn't go there by choice but he did re-sign with them by choice.

Eff him.  Eff Larussa.  Eff 'em all.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1572 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 28, 2008, 12:57:48 PM

That's because he knows how Apex treats mere photographs of douchey players, and doesn't want to find out what he'll do to the genuine article.

Well, to be truthfully frank, Frank. The pictures don't punch back. I end up looking like a wild card with a screw loose and a bloody knuckle or three but I get to keep my pretty smile.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1573 on: August 28, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 28, 2008, 05:41:15 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 28, 2008, 12:57:48 PM

Well, to be truthfully frank, Frank. The pictures don't punch back. I end up looking like a wild card with a screw loose and a bloody knuckle or three but I get to keep my pretty smile.

Further proof Apex is black.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1574 on: August 28, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »
Uh... what?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.