News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,245 )

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1575 on: August 28, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 28, 2008, 06:23:02 PM
Uh... what?

Because you have a pretty smile, of course. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1576 on: August 28, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on August 28, 2008, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on August 28, 2008, 06:23:02 PM
Uh... what?

Because you have a pretty smile, of course. 

And a tremendous wang?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1577 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1578 on: August 29, 2008, 08:24:25 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1579 on: August 31, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »
Brewers win 7-0.  Sabathia throws 117 pitches for no reason whatsoever.  I love Ned Yost. 

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1580 on: August 31, 2008, 11:13:09 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on August 31, 2008, 03:34:59 PM
Brewers win 7-0.  Sabathia throws 117 pitches for no reason whatsoever.  I love Ned Yost. 

When do they get into their annual bean-ball war with the Cardinals?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1581 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

Not sure if anyone's seen it, but the Brewers and sent in video to the MLB front office requesting the "hit" against CC to be changed to an error, because it robbed him of a no-hitter.  The play definitely was an error, as it wouldn't have even been close to get LaRoche out at 1st.  But it would be retarded to switch it and give him the no-hitter.  The mere fact that he lost the no-hitter there would have completely changed how he pitched the rest of the game.  There was no more pressure.  So if they reverse the call, they would assume that each AB afterward would have had the same result.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1582 on: September 01, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 01, 2008, 11:50:45 AM

Not sure if anyone's seen it, but the Brewers and sent in video to the MLB front office requesting the "hit" against CC to be changed to an error, because it robbed him of a no-hitter.  The play definitely was an error, as it wouldn't have even been close to get LaRoche out at 1st.  But it would be retarded to switch it and give him the no-hitter.  The mere fact that he lost the no-hitter there would have completely changed how he pitched the rest of the game.  There was no more pressure.  So if they reverse the call, they would assume that each AB afterward would have had the same result.

I read that but Neddy seems to forget that only the official scorer can change the recorded hit, not MLB front office guys.  Hoping Bud starts changing the rules I guess.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1583 on: September 01, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
Quote from: Poon on September 01, 2008, 11:55:48 AM

I read that but Neddy seems to forget that only the official scorer can change the recorded hit, not MLB front office guys.  Hoping Bud starts changing the rules I guess.

Actually, I guess they've already sent things in before about getting a scoring change this season, and it worked.  Not sure what it was or how they did it, but apparently they did.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1584 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
When the commissioner from Milwaukee changes the error to a hit, the league will force the Pirates to return to Milwaukee and resume the exact places where they were standing so that the Brewers can hold an on field celebration.  Ticket holders at Sunday's game will be given free tickets and abratwurst if they come back and resume their places to make the re-enactment of the final out more festive.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1585 on: September 01, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on September 01, 2008, 12:43:23 PM
When the commissioner from Milwaukee changes the error to a hit, the league will force the Pirates to return to Milwaukee and resume the exact places where they were standing so that the Brewers can hold an on field celebration.  Ticket holders at Sunday's game will be given free tickets and abratwurst if they come back and resume their places to make the re-enactment of the final out more festive.

It'll happen the day after Sabathia throws 137 pitches and Yost will get him 100 more anyway.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1586 on: September 01, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »

The biggest problem I have with it is because it was an error on the pitcher. And if it gets overturned, that just sends a bad message. It just seems wrong that because CC is slow and tried to make a stupid play, he's allowed to get a no-hitter. And if Ned had a problem with it, he should have complained in the fifth inning. The situation earlier in the year they got changed was to take 2 ER from a Mota inning. Apparently, they got something changed from a hit to an error. It's just pathetic that they are more concerned about personal achievements than the fact that they won that game yesterday and gained a game on the Cubs. It's pretty pathetic, but if that's their thing, then oh well.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1587 on: September 01, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
Apparently the rules were changed 2 years ago to allow the League President to reverse a scorer's decision without needing approval of the offical scorer...

Under MLB rule 10.01, "The League President, after considering the evidence submitted and any other evidence he wishes to consider, may request that the official scorer change a judgment call or, if the League President concludes that the judgment of the official scorer had been clearly erroneous, may order a change in a judgment call."

------------

In other news... I love Milwaukee's bullpen. That's all.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1588 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »
Quote from: BC on September 01, 2008, 04:16:21 PM
Apparently the rules were changed 2 years ago to allow the League President to reverse a scorer's decision without needing approval of the offical scorer...

Under MLB rule 10.01, "The League President, after considering the evidence submitted and any other evidence he wishes to consider, may request that the official scorer change a judgment call or, if the League President concludes that the judgment of the official scorer had been clearly erroneous, may order a change in a judgment call."

------------

In other news... I love Milwaukee's bullpen. That's all.

Oh, so Selig is fucking more shit up.  Super.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1589 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »
10.01?  Screw that.  10.17 (c) is all that matters.