News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,311 )

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1740 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:53 PM »
In completley unrelated news that none of you are sure to care about, I post frequently on another board. No, not as bad as BCB or the four letter site, but it's pretty damn bad. Case in point, today in a thread by a Brewers fan bitching about "this unfamiliar pain" of not being good, I was called annoying by a Mariners, Rangers and Pirates fan for simply telling the OP to shut the fuck up and "try being a cubs fan".

I guess the cubs are the blueprint for running a succesfull franchise. Now if you'll excuse me Im off to enjoy all these world series titles we have!

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1741 on: September 10, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
Quote from: BichetteHappens on September 10, 2008, 08:03:53 PM
In completley unrelated news that none of you are sure to care about, I post frequently on another board. No, not as bad as BCB or the four letter site, but it's pretty damn bad. Case in point, today in a thread by a Brewers fan bitching about "this unfamiliar pain" of not being good, I was called annoying by a Mariners, Rangers and Pirates fan for simply telling the OP to shut the fuck up and "try being a cubs fan".

I guess the cubs are the blueprint for running a succesfull franchise. Now if you'll excuse me Im off to enjoy all these world series titles we have!

Well, the Mariners, Rangers, and Pirates are all pretty crappy.

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1742 on: September 10, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
Oh no doubt about it. Aside from the Pirates fan (5 world titles), I can see the Rangers and Mariners fans being mad... and hell if I was a Pirates fan i'd probably just off myself. But I mean, people act just because the Cubs are popular that it means something.. I'd trade all the Al Yellons' in the world to see the Cubs win a world series in my lifetime.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1743 on: September 10, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »
The MLB Gameday picture of Braden Looper is the stuff of nightmares.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1744 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:17 PM »
Quote from: BichetteHappens on September 10, 2008, 08:16:18 PM
Oh no doubt about it. Aside from the Pirates fan (5 world titles), I can see the Rangers and Mariners fans being mad... and hell if I was a Pirates fan i'd probably just off myself. But I mean, people act just because the Cubs are popular that it means something.. I'd trade all the Al Yellons' in the world to see the Cubs win a world series in my lifetime.

From my perspective, I've only been following baseball for the past 18 years or so. In that time, the Cubs and Mariners have had about equal amounts of success. The Rangers and Pirates have been even worse. The other 82 years of futility don't factor in to my perception of the Cubs' success. It's also why I don't appreciate Apex's hatred of my dad.

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1745 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:31 PM »

I'd trade all the All Yellons in the world for whatever was offered.  hassle-free.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1746 on: September 10, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on September 10, 2008, 08:40:17 PM

From my perspective, I've only been following baseball for the past 18 years or so. In that time, the Cubs and Mariners have had about equal amounts of success. The Rangers and Pirates have been even worse. The other 82 years of futility don't factor in to my perception of the Cubs' success. It's also why I don't appreciate Apex's hatred of my dad.

Whose your daddy? Jimmy Carter?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1747 on: September 10, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on September 10, 2008, 10:15:11 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on September 10, 2008, 08:40:17 PM

Whose your daddy? Jimmy Carter?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1748 on: September 10, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
Bastard. You owe me a new monitor.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1749 on: September 10, 2008, 10:33:03 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on September 10, 2008, 08:35:55 PM

Give Morpheus a crack at it on Photoshop.  He'll make it worse.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1750 on: September 10, 2008, 10:34:55 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on September 10, 2008, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on September 10, 2008, 08:35:55 PM

Give Morpheus a crack at it on Photoshop.  He'll make it worse.

My eyes are still sore from scrubbing them with bleach after seeing that picture earlier.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1751 on: September 10, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »
ESPN, albeit Phil Rogers, actually puts out a story that 1969 does not equal 2008, Amazing
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&page=pennantpulse

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1752 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/SPT04/809100416/1062/SPT

QuoteMILWAUKEE - The Reds called up seven players from Triple-A Louisville before Tuesday's game. While reinforcements are always welcome in September, finding consistent playing time for the group could be a challenge for manager Dusty Baker.

QuoteHowever, because Cincinnati plays all 17 of its remaining games against teams over .500, Baker still plans to play his regulars more often than not.

"I'll use them all in spots and get them a start if I can, but for the integrity of races and the game, you got to go with the best lineup." Baker said. "I'll still probably play them a lot more than I played when I came up."

Quote"You have to be able to control the adrenaline and the excitement and have the coolness of mind in key situations," Baker said. "This whole month is going to be pressure-packed, so I think it's a great experience for them."

The pressure of staying out of last place?
01/20/2013

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1753 on: September 14, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »
With Philly and Milwaukee tied at 3 in the 8th:

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Brian Shouse replaces Guillermo Mota, batting 9th.
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Chase Utley out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Brian Shouse to first baseman Prince Fielder. Jayson Werth to 2nd.
B:4 S:0 O:1 - Brian Shouse intentionally walks Ryan Howard.
B:0 S:1 O:1 - Pat Burrell singles on a ground ball to left fielder Ryan Braun. Jayson Werth scores. Ryan Howard to 2nd.
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Offensive Substitution: Pinch runner Eric Bruntlett replaces Pat Burrell.
B:1 S:0 O:1 - Shane Victorino homers (12) on a fly ball to left center field. Ryan Howard scores. Eric Bruntlett scores.

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1754 on: September 14, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2008, 02:57:40 PM
With Philly and Milwaukee tied at 3 in the 8th:

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Brian Shouse replaces Guillermo Mota, batting 9th.
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Chase Utley out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Brian Shouse to first baseman Prince Fielder. Jayson Werth to 2nd.
B:4 S:0 O:1 - Brian Shouse intentionally walks Ryan Howard.
B:0 S:1 O:1 - Pat Burrell singles on a ground ball to left fielder Ryan Braun. Jayson Werth scores. Ryan Howard to 2nd.
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Offensive Substitution: Pinch runner Eric Bruntlett replaces Pat Burrell.
B:1 S:0 O:1 - Shane Victorino homers (12) on a fly ball to left center field. Ryan Howard scores. Eric Bruntlett scores.

With access to Fox Sports Midwest, I'm enjoying this way too much. If you can get into that bullpen, they're done.