News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,657 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1785 on: November 19, 2008, 12:10:22 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 19, 2008, 09:04:26 AM
What do Dustin Pedroia and Ryan Theriot have in common besides height?

Shorter than GNOleg?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1786 on: November 19, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
Neither has been in my kitchen?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1787 on: November 19, 2008, 02:08:40 PM »
Wow. I just realized I batched that... Real bad. I FAIL.... Yet again.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1788 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 19, 2008, 11:45:48 AM
I was going to go with nothing.

THEY BOTH PLAY BASEBALL!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1789 on: November 20, 2008, 08:45:50 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 19, 2008, 01:44:19 PM
Neither has been in my kitchen?

Sorry, we were looking for, "WHO ARE two people who have never been in my kitchen?"

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1790 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
Really?

QuotePITTSBURGH (AP)—The Pittsburgh Pirates hope Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel really do have million-dollar arms.

The two 20-year-old pitchers, neither of whom had picked up a baseball until earlier this year, signed free-agent contracts Monday with the Pirates. They are believed to be the first athletes from India to sign professional baseball contracts outside their country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-pirates-milliondollararm&prov=ap&type=lgns

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1791 on: November 25, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on November 25, 2008, 01:08:30 PM
Really?

QuotePITTSBURGH (AP)—The Pittsburgh Pirates hope Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel really do have million-dollar arms.

The two 20-year-old pitchers, neither of whom had picked up a baseball until earlier this year, signed free-agent contracts Monday with the Pirates. They are believed to be the first athletes from India to sign professional baseball contracts outside their country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-pirates-milliondollararm&prov=ap&type=lgns

Pissburgh...  The gift that gives the whole year through.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1792 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »
Really?

They probably won't pan out, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.  The Pirates aren't ever going to be able to outspend anyone, so they need to be creative about finding talent, and this is a start.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1793 on: November 25, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2008, 02:24:26 PM
Really?

They probably won't pan out, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.  The Pirates aren't ever going to be able to outspend anyone, so they need to be creative about finding talent guys who can fix my computer and perform outsourced customer service functions, and this is a start.

It's still somewhat hard to believe that they need to go all the way to India to find guys that couldn't possibly have any idea how to pitch.  If these guys throw anywhere under 97...this seems silly to me.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1794 on: November 25, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »
Really?

Did they actually get $1mil contracts, or is that just a shitty writer trying to engage in some lame wordplay?

Singh and Patel came to the United States six months ago after being the top finishers in an Indian reality TV show called the "Million Dollar Arm" that drew about 30,000 contestants. The show sought to find athletes who could throw strikes at 85 miles per hour or faster.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound Patel hit 90 mph on the radar gun during his tryout, and the 6-2, 195-pound Singh topped out at 84 mph. Each has thrown harder during workout sessions that weren't attended by scouts.

I'd be pretty dubious about them being able to hack it, but if the Pirates are willing to take the risk, more power to them.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1795 on: November 26, 2008, 02:47:46 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on November 25, 2008, 02:38:42 PM
Really?

They probably won't pan out, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.  The Pirates aren't ever going to be able to outspend anyone, so they need to be creative about finding talent guys who can fix my computer and perform outsourced customer service functions, and this is a start.

It's still somewhat hard to believe that they need to go all the way to India to find guys that couldn't possibly have any idea how to pitch.  If these guys throw anywhere under 97...this seems silly to me.

Where's Air2300 when we need an opinion?  From what I know of Indian cricketers (cricketers in general, actually), I'd be very surprised if they don't throw at 100mph, or very close to it.  These guys can often bowl at 90mph and that's with a straight arm and a heavier ball - although admittedly, they do get a run up.  It might take a while to stop them balking.  Or to wean them off chucking it at people's legs...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1796 on: November 26, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 26, 2008, 02:47:46 AM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on November 25, 2008, 02:38:42 PM
Really?

Where's Air2300 when we need an opinion?  From what I know of Indian cricketers (cricketers in general, actually), I'd be very surprised if they don't throw at 100mph, or very close to it.  These guys can often bowl at 90mph and that's with a straight arm and a heavier ball - although admittedly, they do get a run up.  It might take a while to stop them balking.  Or to wean them off chucking it at people's legs...

Sounds like some outstanding entertainment value to me.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1797 on: November 26, 2008, 06:53:38 AM »
Even worse:
QuoteBoth threw the javelin in India, a country best known for producing cricket players

Doesn't even sound like they're cricketers!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1798 on: November 26, 2008, 07:08:16 AM »
Quote from: RD on November 26, 2008, 06:53:38 AM
Even worse:
QuoteBoth threw the javelin in India, a country best known for producing cricket players

They're Indian.  Of course they're cricketers.  It's like saying a Belgian isn't a child molester.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1799 on: November 26, 2008, 07:24:19 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 26, 2008, 07:08:16 AM
Quote from: RD on November 26, 2008, 06:53:38 AM
Even worse:

They're Indian.  Of course they're cricketers.  It's like saying a Belgian isn't a child molester.

I can't wait to say that to the next first? Belgian I meet.