News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,469 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1875 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:05 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2009, 03:34:38 PM
New Brewers manager Ken Macha said he's set to bat Rickie Weeks at the top of the order.

I'm sure some statfaggot will point out that Weeks has a .352 career OBP and tell me why this is a good idea for the Brewers.

Hopefully that person will also point out that Rickie Weeks completely blows and over the last two seasons has struck out 231 times in his last 884 ABs (which equates to 26% of the time.)

Weeks is probably as good as any other choice that isn't Fatty Fat Fat Fat.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1876 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
I actually didn't send anything in, I just posted that address in case anyone wants to write nasty letters to WGN Radio in the future.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1877 on: February 17, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »
Quote from: BC on February 17, 2009, 09:42:17 PM
I actually didn't send anything in, I just posted that address in case anyone wants to write nasty letters to WGN Radio in the future.

Dear WGN,

Why is John Williams still employed?

Sincerely,

Gil Gunderson

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1878 on: February 17, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on February 17, 2009, 09:49:41 PM
Quote from: BC on February 17, 2009, 09:42:17 PM

Dear WGN,

Why is John Williams still employed?

Sincerely,

Gil Gunderson

He's been coasting since he scored The Empire Strikes Back.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1879 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:26 AM »
He's back: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJRyXcQFtkptQK_b8bgyXbxmv4rwD96DJIV01 Let's hope he makes the major league roster.

Quote from: Pre on February 17, 2009, 08:09:05 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2009, 03:34:38 PM
New Brewers manager Ken Macha said he's set to bat Rickie Weeks at the top of the order.

I'm sure some statfaggot will point out that Weeks has a .352 career OBP and tell me why this is a good idea for the Brewers.

Hopefully that person will also point out that Rickie Weeks completely blows and over the last two seasons has struck out 231 times in his last 884 ABs (which equates to 26% of the time.)

Weeks is probably as good as any other choice that isn't Fatty Fat Fat Fat.

As someone who was called obese by the Wii Fit, I find that Highly Offensive

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1880 on: February 18, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
BC,

You do realize that the last two guys to have that job didn't have a whole lot of experience before they got it?  And, when they hired the great Andy Masur and Cory Provus they did it far earlier on in the offseason.  They're desperate.  You're a desperate choice.  It's perfect!

If you don't send something in, I'm going to submit one of our shorter podcasts (one that times in around three hours) and Kermit and I will get the job and spend our one inning a game calling you a pussy.

Love,
Andy

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1881 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »
Quote from: Andy on February 18, 2009, 09:02:22 AM

If you don't send something in, I'm going to submit one of our shorter podcasts (one that times in around three hours) and Kermit and I will get the job and spend our one inning a game calling you a pussy.

That inning will last at least 75 minutes.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1882 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »
BC,

You do realize that you do not completely suck at your job, right? That already makes you an improvement.

Thanks,

T.J. Brown

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1883 on: February 18, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 18, 2009, 09:05:01 AM

As long as Steve Trachsel comes back to pitch it, it'll be fine.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1884 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:48 AM »
Quote from: MAD on February 18, 2009, 09:10:26 AM
Quote from: Jon on February 18, 2009, 09:05:01 AM

As long as Steve Trachsel comes back to pitch it, it'll be fine.

I think a Kermit/Andy/Santo pairing would be tremendous. I think Kermit and Andy would say something somewhat funny on Opening Day and somewhere in the 7th inning of a September game, you'll hear Santo begin to guffaw, finally grasping the punchline.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1885 on: February 18, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »
This blurb in the Tribune made me laugh out loud  (I am proud of myself for not resorting to the "lol"):

Jump around: Mike Fontenot and his girlfriend bought Ryan Theriot's kids a trampoline for Christmas, much to the Theriots' chagrin.

"It's only like a foot off the ground," Fontenot said. "They'll only break their arms, not their necks, so he's happy about it. He told me when I have kids, he's going to get them steak knives."

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1886 on: February 18, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 18, 2009, 12:48:14 PM
This blurb in the Tribune made me laugh out loud  (I am proud of myself for not resorting to the "lol"):

Jump around: Mike Fontenot and his girlfriend bought Ryan Theriot's kids a trampoline for Christmas, much to the Theriots' chagrin.

"It's only like a foot off the ground," Fontenot said. "They'll only break their arms, not their necks, so he's happy about it. He told me when I have kids, he's going to get them steak knives."

Hey, did you know they used to be teammates and are pretty much best friends?  True story.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1887 on: February 18, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on February 18, 2009, 01:00:41 PM

Hey, did you know they used to be teammates and are pretty much best friends?  True story.

Didn't they go to college together or something.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1888 on: February 18, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 18, 2009, 02:17:31 PM

Since they both have French last names, maybe we can come up with a nickname implying this connection that is French. Perhaps a movie title.

The Amelie Brothers?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1889 on: February 18, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 18, 2009, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: thehawk on February 18, 2009, 02:17:31 PM

Since they both have French last names, maybe we can come up with a nickname implying this connection that is French. Perhaps a movie title.

The Amelie Brothers?

I like the way you're thinking.

I'm thinking something more in a Roy Scheider vein, though...

Perhaps?

(Granted, it's no J'ai le cancer, but I think it has a certain appropriate je ne sais quoi to it.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser