News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,135 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1936 on: March 11, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on March 11, 2009, 01:58:24 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 11, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
Quote from: Dave B on March 11, 2009, 01:01:44 PM
Shit.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/toc/11098/index.htm?eref=sisf

He looks...thinner.

That's exactly what I thought.

This is him last season.  Maybe a little thinner in the face, I guess, but I don't think there's a tremendous difference.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1937 on: March 11, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 11, 2009, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: Dave B on March 11, 2009, 01:58:24 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 11, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
Quote from: Dave B on March 11, 2009, 01:01:44 PM
Shit.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/toc/11098/index.htm?eref=sisf

He looks...thinner.

That's exactly what I thought.

This is him last season.  Maybe a little thinner in the face, I guess, but I don't think there's a tremendous difference.

You're joking, right?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1938 on: March 11, 2009, 03:47:08 PM »
It's a magazine cover - don't you think those are touched up a tad?

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1939 on: March 11, 2009, 03:47:59 PM »

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1940 on: March 11, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »
I think the photo on the cover was taken about 15 years ago, when Pujols was 35.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1941 on: March 11, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 11, 2009, 03:47:08 PM

Yeah, they airbrushed out his nipples.
Hire Jim Essian!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1942 on: March 11, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »
If they were going to airbrush him, why not go all the way?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1943 on: March 11, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2009, 04:33:15 PM
If they were going to airbrush him, why not go all the way?

That's a totally different magazine.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1944 on: March 11, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »
Yeah well Claudia and Albert were born in the same year.

(I honestly think this is true.)

I can't wait to go home and perform the ritual I do whenever a Cardinal, Packer or White Sock is on the cover of SI.  I take it out of the mailbox.  Rip the cover off and toss the cover it into the street.  Two Octobers in a row I threw entire copies of the magazine into the street.  I'm not sure why, considering the baseball playoffs were cancelled both of those seasons.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1945 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 11, 2009, 04:48:41 PM
Yeah well Claudia and Albert were born in the same year.

(I honestly think this is true.)

I can't wait to go home and perform the ritual I do whenever a Cardinal, Packer or White Sock is on the cover of SI.  I take it out of the mailbox.  Rip the cover off and toss the cover it into the street.  Two Octobers in a row I threw entire copies of the magazine into the street.  I'm not sure why, considering the baseball playoffs were cancelled both of those seasons.

Instead of throwing them away, we should continue this contest.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1946 on: March 12, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 11, 2009, 03:47:08 PM

If they PShop a cover photo of Pujols to make him look thinner, don't you think that would just cause losers on messageboards to guess on how much weight he lost?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1947 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:07 PM »
I refuse to read that article. What are they saying about Pujols, or allowing him to say of himself? That he's the great drug-free hope, come to save baseball from itself? Who would believe that? He plays for the Cardinals, for Tony LaRussa, the same guy who managed Canseco and McGwire. I don't really give a shit about steroids, I think I've gone on record as saying that drugs are always going to be a part of every sport, so the hand-wringing is useless and self-righteous horseshit. But why would anybody believe any player at this point, particularly one with a head and a body the size of Pujols? It's fucking crazy. Almost as incredible as the notion that Frank Thomas CLEARLY NEVER EVER EVER EVER (DON'T YOU EVEN THINK IT!!!111!!) took performance enhancing drugs because he was so gosh darn BIG! Wha? Never? Not a little somethin' somethin' for his achy whatever the fuck to get him back in the lineup a week earlier? Cuz he's always been such a great guy, a paramount of virtue and wholesomeness. Fuckin A. People are so dumb my brain hurts like a sumbitch. I'm taking a couple shots of VSOP. Fuck Y'all.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1948 on: March 12, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on March 12, 2009, 07:35:07 PM
I refuse to read that article. What are they saying about Pujols, or allowing him to say of himself? That he's the great drug-free hope, come to save baseball from itself? Who would believe that? He plays for the Cardinals, for Tony LaRussa, the same guy who managed Canseco and McGwire. I don't really give a shit about steroids, I think I've gone on record as saying that drugs are always going to be a part of every sport, so the hand-wringing is useless and self-righteous horseshit. But why would anybody believe any player at this point, particularly one with a head and a body the size of Pujols? It's fucking crazy. Almost as incredible as the notion that Frank Thomas CLEARLY NEVER EVER EVER EVER (DON'T YOU EVEN THINK IT!!!111!!) took performance enhancing drugs because he was so gosh darn BIG! Wha? Never? Not a little somethin' somethin' for his achy whatever the fuck to get him back in the lineup a week earlier? Cuz he's always been such a great guy, a paramount of virtue and wholesomeness. Fuckin A. People are so dumb my brain hurts like a sumbitch. I'm taking a couple shots of VSOP. Fuck Y'all.

I love Apex because he thinks the same thing I do about Frank Thomas.  Anyway, I opened to this article, saw that the opening references Babe Ruth hitting a home run that heals a sick kid and promptly flipped to the article on Martin Brodeur. 

Fuck Frank Thomas, Albert Pujols, and Patrick Roy too.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1949 on: March 12, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 12, 2009, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on March 12, 2009, 07:35:07 PM

I love Apex because he thinks the same thing I do about Frank Thomas.  Anyway, I opened to this article, saw that the opening references Babe Ruth hitting a home run that heals a sick kid and promptly flipped to the article on Martin Brodeur. 

Fuck Frank Thomas, Albert Pujols, and Patrick Roy too.

Man... You really do hate the butterfly, huh?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser