News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,146 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2040 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2009, 09:43:53 PM
Carpenter leaves the game for the Cardinals with an injury. Words cannot express my surprise.

Well dammit, I have him on the Keeper league and was hoping he'd pitch 7 good innings and then the bullpen would lose it for them.

Assholes

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2041 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:33 PM »
Carpenter leaves the game for the Cardinals with an injury. Words cannot express my surprisethe girth of my erection.

Fuck you Carpenter you fucking pussy.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2042 on: April 14, 2009, 11:59:54 PM »
Quote from: Jon on April 14, 2009, 02:15:02 PM
They're setting the Cubs up for a SNEAK ATTACK.

I've always found it effective if you suck first and then go for the whole shabang later. Much better results, historically.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2043 on: April 15, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 14, 2009, 11:59:54 PM

I've always found it effective if you suck first and then go for the whole shabang later. Much better results, historically.

M2A?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2044 on: April 15, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »
Carpenter leaves the game for the Cardinals with an injury. Words cannot express my surprise.

Strained oblique. Looks like he could miss a "significant amount of time". Won't be making his start this Sunday against the Cubs. Darn.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #2045 on: April 15, 2009, 09:44:17 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on April 15, 2009, 09:26:03 AM

Strained oblique. Looks like he could miss a "significant amount of time". Won't be making his start this Sunday against the Cubs. Darn.

Steroids really are hard on the body.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2046 on: April 15, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
Quote from: Tank on April 15, 2009, 08:36:48 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 14, 2009, 11:59:54 PM

M2A?

Depends on what you like. We offer a whole variety of services... All of which are free of charge. We're out to help YOU.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2047 on: April 15, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »

It was a nice run for the Cardinals.
Hire Jim Essian!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2048 on: April 15, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »
Damnit, I was hoping he'd suffer the season-ending injury during the Cubs game Sunday night.

Selfish bastard.

He's on my fantasy team, yet I audibly expressed my glee this morning when the injury scrolled by on the bottom line.

Just the first of many injuries this year for him, I 'xpect.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2049 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
Really, the Cardinals aren't bad enough without expressing outward pleasure over one of their players getting injured?

I mean, I definitely take pleasure in all Cardinals demise, I just don't see how it's cause for outward celebration when one of their guys get hurt.

But then...I'm a much better person than all of you.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #2050 on: April 15, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 15, 2009, 11:07:36 AM
Really, the Cardinals aren't bad enough without expressing outward pleasure over one of their players getting injured?

I mean, I definitely take pleasure in all Cardinals demise, I just don't see how it's cause for outward celebration when one of their guys get hurt.

I see what your sayin.....
I'm not celebrating someone getting hurt (unless there is funny video of it),  but what I find humorous is the fact that the Cardinal management and fans put so much of their hope in this season on the shoulders of Carpenter being the thy Cy Young winner he once was...    Which is kinda ludicrus.      Kinda like when our fags got excited cause Prior was throwing beach towels on elevated dirt.
Asked how it felt to go to the mound to lift Carpenter, manager Tony La Russa replied, "You can imagine. What do you want me to say? Dramatize it? I think everybody understands. I've talked enough about how important he is."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4069252&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2051 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
Quote from: The GeniusAsked how it felt to go to the mound to lift Carpenter, manager Tony La Russa replied, "You can imagine. What do you want me to say? Dramatize it? I think everybody understands. I've talked enough about how important he is."

Why do I imagine an empty box of Franzia laying on Tony's front lawn this morning?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2052 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
Quote from: Lukester on April 15, 2009, 11:27:00 AM

I'm not celebrating someone getting hurt (unless there is funny video of it),  but what I find humorous is the fact that the Cardinal management and fans put so much of their hope in this season on the shoulders of Carpenter being the thy Cy Young winner he once was...    Which is kinda ludicrus.      Kinda like when our fags got excited cause Prior was throwing beach towels on elevated dirt.
Asked how it felt to go to the mound to lift Carpenter, manager Tony La Russa replied, "You can imagine. What do you want me to say? Dramatize it? I think everybody understands. I've talked enough about how important he is."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4069252&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

If there was funny video, or if he managed to actually die on the mound, I could definitely find some humor in it.

Actually, I find the entire situation funny, that wasn't my point.
Just that, at this point, celebrating a Cardinals injury is like hoping for that the bully who bothered you in 3rd grade and now works at Burger King gets fired.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2053 on: April 15, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 15, 2009, 11:42:35 AM

Just that, at this point, celebrating a Cardinals injury is like hoping for that the bully who bothered you in 3rd grade and now works at Burger King gets fired.

Are you new here?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2054 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 15, 2009, 11:42:35 AM
Quote from: Lukester on April 15, 2009, 11:27:00 AM

If there was funny video, or if he managed to actually die on the mound, I could definitely find some humor in it.

Actually, I find the entire situation funny, that wasn't my point.

I think it's hysterical. But then again...I'm a much shittier person than most of you.