News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,442 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2220 on: January 22, 2010, 10:18:43 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 22, 2010, 10:17:51 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 22, 2010, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 22, 2010, 09:48:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 22, 2010, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 22, 2010, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 22, 2010, 12:27:37 AM
Wild Thing will leave the Best Fans in Baseball for the void of KC:

QuoteThe Royals agreed to a contract with another outfielder, this time with Rick Ankiel for one year and $3.25 million, according to a report by Yahoo Sports late Thursday night. The contract includes a mutual option for 2011 worth $6 million.

The Royals are the worst organization in pro sports.

Worse than the Bears?

Raider fans would give their left nut to have the Bears' organization.

I don't think they'd have to. They only need one crazy old bastard to kick the bucket. The Bears' old farts are dug in so deep we'll never see the end of them.

Yeah, but imagine if Virginia was hiring the coaches, drafting the players and walking around on the field in a track suit on game day.

I'm more worried about Michael.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2221 on: January 22, 2010, 03:20:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 22, 2010, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 22, 2010, 09:48:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 22, 2010, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 22, 2010, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 22, 2010, 12:27:37 AM
Wild Thing will leave the Best Fans in Baseball for the void of KC:

QuoteThe Royals agreed to a contract with another outfielder, this time with Rick Ankiel for one year and $3.25 million, according to a report by Yahoo Sports late Thursday night. The contract includes a mutual option for 2011 worth $6 million.

The Royals are the worst organization in pro sports.

Worse than the Bears?

Raider fans would give their left nut to have the Bears' organization.

I don't think they'd have to. They only need one crazy old bastard to kick the bucket. The Bears' old farts are dug in so deep we'll never see the end of them.

Waiting on the undead to die seems like a losing strategy.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2223 on: January 25, 2010, 02:27:08 PM »
QuoteThe Rockies' bullpen is pretty much set, but they are not leaving any stones unturned.

If said stones are Turnbow and Eric Gagne I would suggest not turning them over.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2224 on: January 25, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 25, 2010, 02:20:08 PM
Since he's in the thread title...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2010/01/25/turnbow-could-make-choice-by-wednesday/

http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/jan/15/contract-talks-underway-between-cardinals-and-ludw/

QuoteThe most interest among free agents in the past few days has been with the pitching candidates, where at least two former Brewers – starter Ben Sheets and former closer Derrick Turnbow – are scheduled to work out in front of scouts for interested teams in the coming days.

Turnbow, 31, is scheduled to throw in Phoenix on Friday and at least 16 teams, including the Cardinals, are expected to be in attendance. Turnbow last pitched in the majors for the Brewers in 2008. He signed with Texas last year, but never pitched in the majors and asked for his release from the Rangers.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2225 on: January 25, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on January 25, 2010, 02:27:08 PM
QuoteThe Rockies' bullpen is pretty much set, but they are not leaving any stones unturned.

If said stones are Turnbow and Eric Gagne I would suggest not turning them over.

What if those aren't stones at all?  What if you turn 'em over and it turns out that they are, in fact, FAKE stones?!  And there's a KEY in them!  You just got TRICKED, fool.  That's the key to the backdoor and now you can have all the Pepsi throwback you can drink.  Guess what...this bar-b-q just got a whole lot better.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2226 on: January 25, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 02:37:33 PM

What if those aren't stones at all?  What if you turn 'em over and it turns out that they are, in fact, FAKE stones?!  And there's a KEY in them!  You just got TRICKED, fool.  That's the key to the backdoor and now you can have all the Pepsi throwback you can drink.  Guess what...this bar-b-q just got a whole lot better.

I'm not gay, but for you I'd experiment.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2227 on: January 25, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 25, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

I'm not gay, but for you I'd experiment.

Well, the key to my backdoor IS under that faux-rock.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2228 on: January 25, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »

This post is my new favorite everything.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2229 on: January 26, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »
Oh no!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/cardinals-sign-rich-hill.html

QuoteThe Cardinals have signed free agent lefty Rich Hill, and invited him to Spring Training according to the team's official Twitter feed. The Orioles non-tendered Hill after he posted a 7.80 ERA in 13 starts (and one relief appearance) last season, and he missed the second half after having surgery on his pitching shoulder.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2230 on: January 26, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 26, 2010, 03:45:32 PM
Oh no!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/cardinals-sign-rich-hill.html

QuoteThe Cardinals have signed free agent lefty Rich Hill, and invited him to Spring Training according to the team's official Twitter feed. The Orioles non-tendered Hill after he posted a 7.80 ERA in 13 starts (and one relief appearance) last season, and he missed the second half after having surgery on his pitching shoulder.

So I can look forward to a couple years from now when Will Leitch tearfully writes about the revelation that Rich Hill's conversion to center fielder and all-American hero was in fact fueled by steroids?

What we lost... what we never had.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2231 on: January 28, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
QuoteRT @BrewerNation Veteran OF Jim Edmonds and #Brewers agree to minor league deal that includes an invite to Spring Training.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2232 on: February 01, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
While we've been hanging our droop-dog Cutler heads about the Martz hiring, some good news has trickled into our gigantic hole of suck.

Aaron Miles to the Reds for Wily Less Taveras.

Taveras immediately DFA'd by Oakland.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2233 on: February 02, 2010, 12:25:55 AM »
Dusty's new Neifi?  In terms of playing time, I hope.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2234 on: February 02, 2010, 06:55:34 AM »
Quote from: Day Man on February 02, 2010, 12:25:55 AM
Dusty's new Neifi?  In terms of playing time, I hope.

Miles could  be his new leadoff hitter or at least bat second since he will be playing second base.