News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,900 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2250 on: March 01, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 01, 2010, 11:17:11 AM
Bump. Rotoworld.

"Derrick Turnbow's toe "exploded" before throwing a bullpen session on Sunday.
"My toenail jammed up in my shoe about a week ago and it caused it to swell up," said Turnbow. "It got infected and it affected my command a lot the first two times I was out. I didn't say anything (to the coaching staff). Today, it busted open and all the blood came out. It felt better immediately." Good news for the erratic reliever, and with this news, we can only assume he's been bothered by this affliction for the entirety of his career. Turnbow, who was signed to a minor league contract in January, has averaged 5.9 BB/9 in 257 major league appearances.
Source: Miami Herald "

This is simply great journalism.  There is no fact too trivial or disgusting to print.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2251 on: March 01, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 01, 2010, 01:07:05 PM
Bump. Rotoworld.

"My toenail jammed up in my shoe about a week ago and it caused it to swell up," said Turnbow. "It got infected and it affected my command a lot the first two times I was out. I didn't say anything (to the coaching staff). Today, it busted open and all the blood came out. It felt better immediately." Good news for the erratic reliever, and with this news, we can only assume he's been bothered by this affliction for the entirety of his career. Turnbow, who was signed to a minor league contract in January, has averaged 5.9 BB/9 in 257 major league appearances.

This is simply great journalism.  There is no fact too trivial or disgusting to print.

A trivial fact such as which team Turdthrow is trying out for would have been useful.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2252 on: March 01, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 01, 2010, 03:41:37 PM
Bump. Rotoworld.

A trivial fact such as which team Turdthrow is trying out for would have been useful.

He's a marlin, dog.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2253 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 01, 2010, 03:58:02 PM
Bump. Rotoworld.

He's a marlin, dog.

Prove it.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2254 on: March 01, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 01, 2010, 06:16:52 PM
Quote from: BH on March 01, 2010, 03:58:02 PM
Bump. Rotoworld.

This is simply great journalism.  There is no fact too trivial or disgusting to print.

He's a marlin, dog.

Prove it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Turnbow

QuoteThomas Derrick Turnbow (born January 25, 1978 in Union City, Tennessee) is a right-handed Major League Baseball relief pitcher who is currently in the Florida Marlins organization.

Somehow I wasn't aware of this:

QuoteIn October 2003, Turnbow became the first major league player to test positive for a banned steroid. The positive test came during tryouts for USA Baseball's Olympic qualifying team. He did not face sanctions from Major League Baseball, because they did not begin testing for or penalizing steroid use until the 2004 season. He was banned for two years from international competition.

Proof: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1701535

Also, proof that sometimes Wikipedia can be hilarious:

QuoteHe got out to a promising start in his career, even representing the Brewers at the 2006 MLB All-Star Game. Shortly before that game, however, he suffered a Rick Ankiel-esque loss of command and control.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2255 on: March 14, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100313&content_id=8783250

QuotePORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- This wasn't exactly how Derrick Turnbow envisioned his spring debut.

Pitching in a game for the first time since jamming his toe in mid-February -- and aiming to crack the Majors for the first time in nearly two years -- Turnbow walked the bases loaded, threw a wild pitch and couldn't complete the eighth inning Saturday against the Rays.

"It started out good," Turnbow said. "Then the third hitter came up."
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2256 on: March 14, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 14, 2010, 06:07:49 PM

QuotePORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- This wasn't exactly how Derrick Turnbow envisioned his spring debut.

Pitching in a game for the first time since jamming his toe in mid-February -- and aiming to crack the Majors for the first time in nearly two years -- Turnbow walked the bases loaded, threw a wild pitch and couldn't complete the eighth inning Saturday against the Rays.

There was a time when I hated this douche. Now I just feel terrible for him.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2257 on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 14, 2010, 06:10:06 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 14, 2010, 06:07:49 PM

There was a time when I hated this douche. Now I just feel terrible for him.

I feel nothing.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2258 on: March 15, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
I'd approve a Ryan Howard for Pujols trade.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2259 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 15, 2010, 12:52:40 PM

That would be in the top 10 of the happiest moments in my life. To see the Cardinals trade him away? Priceless.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2260 on: March 15, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 15, 2010, 12:54:04 PM

That would be in the top 10 of the happiest moments in my life. To see the Cardinals trade him away? Priceless.

I just settle for the roided up freak finally failing a drug test.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2261 on: March 15, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »

Heh.

Both players are 30 years old (if you believe Pujols)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2262 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2263 on: March 17, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »
The NLC is still rancid. The thread can't die.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2264 on: March 17, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 17, 2010, 09:02:15 AM
The NLC is still rancid. The thread can't die.

That's true. The thread title even allows us room for other stories nearly as hilarious as the time Butchie Yost let Turd Throw pitch an 85-win Cubs team right into the playoffs. Good times!