News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,152 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2325 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 08, 2010, 12:59:11 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 12:57:03 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 08, 2010, 12:51:33 PM
This belongs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK1cpaYiBfQ

SIX SIX SIX

With the sound off, that is one of the gayest things I have ever seen. And I've hung out with theatre people since high school.

You must have sound to get the full effect. It's clearly made by the devil.

Whoa. WHOA. WHOA! Don't drag the devil into this. He's responsible for a lot of my favorite music.

All the best bands are affiliated with Satan.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2326 on: April 08, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 08, 2010, 01:12:42 PM
This belongs here:

SIX SIX SIX

With the sound off, that is one of the gayest things I have ever seen. And I've hung out with theatre people since high school.

Whoa. WHOA. WHOA! Don't drag the devil into this. He's responsible for a lot of my favorite music.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2327 on: April 08, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 08, 2010, 01:23:34 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 08, 2010, 01:12:42 PM
This belongs here:

SIX SIX SIX

Fork, stop using Oleg's login to make jokes.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2328 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 02:00:49 PM
Fork, stop using Oleg's login to make jokes.
I would have gone with a video of Sifl & Olly singing "Hellfire".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2329 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
In 102 ABs on this young season, the Houston Astros are the only team in baseball to have not hit a home run.

The team's line: .196/.219/.275.

That's a .494 OPS for those scoring at home.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2330 on: April 09, 2010, 04:23:07 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 09, 2010, 04:19:12 PM
In 102 ABs on this young season, the Houston Astros are the only team in baseball to have not hit a home run.

The team's line: .196/.219/.275.

That's a .494 OPS for those scoring at home.

Also pretty crappy- .176/.248/.330.

That's a .577 OPS for those of you rooting for the Gutless Fucking Assholes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2331 on: April 17, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
And the Cardinals fall to the almost-as-shitty-as-the-Astros Mets in 20 innings tonight in St. Louis.

The Cardinals wound up using two position players on the hill because LaRussa was too much of a fucking genius to let any of his relievers throw more than an inning and a third.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2332 on: April 17, 2010, 10:46:33 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 17, 2010, 10:14:25 PM
And the Cardinals fall to the almost-as-shitty-as-the-Astros Mets in 20 innings tonight in St. Louis.

The Cardinals wound up using two position players on the hill because LaRussa was too much of a fucking genius to let any of his relievers throw more than an inning and a third.

The Genius also blew a chance to win by having Ryan Ludwick (!) try to execute a hit-and-run with Pujols at the plate (!!!!!) in the 19th.  Ludwick was thrown out.  Pujols doubled and later scored.  If the Genius had just let the MVP hit, Ludwick would've been the tying run, and Albert the winning run.  But no.  He also stopped using Felipe Lopez after one inning of effective (for an infielder) relief in favor of Joe Mather, who couldn't hit the broad side of Dennys Reyes from a foot away.  Pretty disastrous managerial decisions.  Oh and the Cardinals stranded like 20 runners and the Genius used Kyle Lohse to play left field.  Amazing.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2333 on: April 19, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 17, 2010, 10:46:33 PM

The Genius also blew a chance to win by having Ryan Ludwick (!) try to execute a hit-and-run with Pujols at the plate (!!!!!) in the 19th.  Ludwick was thrown out.  Pujols doubled and later scored.  If the Genius had just let the MVP hit, Ludwick would've been the tying run, and Albert the winning run.  But no.  He also stopped using Felipe Lopez after one inning of effective (for an infielder) relief in favor of Joe Mather, who couldn't hit the broad side of Dennys Reyes from a foot away.  Pretty disastrous managerial decisions.  Oh and the Cardinals stranded like 20 runners and the Genius used Kyle Lohse to play left field.  Amazing.

He also left the pitcher's spot behind Pujols when he switched out Holliday.  Before he hit the double, he'd been walked four straight times.  Always a good move to take the bat out of the hands of the best player in baseball.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2334 on: April 19, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 19, 2010, 07:34:09 AM

He also left the pitcher's spot behind Pujols when he switched out Holliday.  Before he hit the double, he'd been walked four straight times.  Always a good move to take the bat out of the hands of the best player most roided-up player in baseball.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2335 on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:09 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 19, 2010, 09:28:40 AM

He also left the pitcher's spot behind Pujols when he switched out Holliday.  Before he hit the double, he'd been walked four straight times.  Always a good move to take the bat out of the hands of the best player most roided-up player in baseball.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2336 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 19, 2010, 09:28:40 AM

I'm gonna get me some roids, buy a bat, and I'll be the best player in baseball. Simple.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2337 on: April 20, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »
Larry Dobrow, of CBS Sportsline, becomes my favorite sportswriter for this one,

"But holy lord, both managers stepped in it. Tony La Russa in particular seemed hell-bent on losing, whether by effecting octuple switches, using two infielders to pitch even though he had a real pitcher available, and hit-and-running Albert Pujols in a situation where even the gals on The View would know to keep the runner's feet nailed to first base. La Russa doubled-down on the dumb the next night, inserting Yadier Molina into the lineup a mere day after he caught all 20 innings. I sure hope the beleaguered backstop has paid his health-insurance premiums."

He also correctly noted that Mr. Samardja (sp?) is the pitcher who least likely belongs on a major league roster.  He doubts that Iowa will take him back unless the Cubs post a bond.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2338 on: April 20, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
I think we should trade for Casey McGehee. Could really use a guy with a bat like that.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2339 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:56 PM »
Ned Yost. A Royal.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/13/1944024/royals-fire-hillman-ned-yost-new.html

I was really hoping he'd wind up in Houston.