News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,772 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #2400 on: September 05, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 05, 2010, 10:24:06 PM
(grabs popcorn, watches with glee as Tards self-destruct)

QuoteAs a deteriorating situation between Rasmus and Tony La Russa blasted into the public Sunday, memories of Scott Rolen came floating back, along with the increasing feeling that one of these two -- Rasmus or La Russa -- most likely will be elsewhere in 2011.
Though La Russa spent several postgame minutes expounding on the fact that he does not have a problem with Rasmus, it's become pretty apparent that there is a problem. A major problem.

And once Rasmus' trade requests -- first reported by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch -- became public Sunday, Pujols administered a verbal blistering of Rasmus to the media, with a promise that there will be a follow-up personal discussion with Rasmus himself.

"I'm a player and I'm a leader on this ballclub, and if I hear a player say he doesn't want to be here, then he shouldn't be here," Pujols said. "That's the way it is. ... I'm going to say something to him too. This is something that shouldn't have gotten into the [media]. This is something that should be between him and the manager, and the GM.

"And plus, he needs to get more years in the league before he says something like that and disrespects the players."

Rasmus suffered a reduction in playing time coinciding with the July 3 arrival of Jon Jay from Triple-A Memphis, and his most recent trade request apparently came when the Cardinals were playing a series in Chicago in late July.

That was his second request, following one during the 2009 season.

Though neither of those happened recently, Pujols, saying it is a "privilege" to play for the Cardinals, was not happy when he learned about them.

"To play in this organization, just behind the Yankees in World Series [titles], to play in the postseason almost every year, it's pretty special," Pujols said. "I have nothing negative to say about this organization. And for a young kid to come up and say that he wants to be somewhere else, I don't know why.

"I guess he said it two months ago. Two months ago, we were in first place. If he doesn't want to be on a team that's in first place battling for a spot in the playoffs. ... He was young, but you need to approach that in a different way."

Rasmus must be a liberal.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2401 on: September 07, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »

I'm enjoying the deterioration of Albert Pujols from Gord-fearing roided-up freak family man to full blown jagoff.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2402 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 07, 2010, 08:33:54 AM

I'm enjoying the deterioration of Albert Pujols from Gord-fearing roided-up freak family man to full blown jagoff.

My memory's deteriorating, obviously.  When exactly was Pujols NOT a full-blown jagoff?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2403 on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 07, 2010, 08:46:58 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 07, 2010, 08:33:54 AM

My memory's deteriorating, obviously.  When exactly was Pujols NOT a full-blown jagoff?

Well, back when he was in his 40s he seemed a lot less crotchety.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2404 on: September 07, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 05, 2010, 10:24:06 PM
(grabs popcorn, watches with glee as Tards self-destruct)

QuoteAs a deteriorating situation between Rasmus and Tony La Russa blasted into the public Sunday, memories of Scott Rolen came floating back, along with the increasing feeling that one of these two -- Rasmus or La Russa -- most likely will be elsewhere in 2011.
Though La Russa spent several postgame minutes expounding on the fact that he does not have a problem with Rasmus, it's become pretty apparent that there is a problem. A major problem.

And once Rasmus' trade requests -- first reported by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch -- became public Sunday, Pujols administered a verbal blistering of Rasmus to the media, with a promise that there will be a follow-up personal discussion with Rasmus himself.

"I'm a player and I'm a leader on this ballclub, and if I hear a player say he doesn't want to be here, then he shouldn't be here," Pujols said. "That's the way it is. ... I'm going to say something to him too. This is something that shouldn't have gotten into the [media]. This is something that should be between him and the manager, and the GM.

"And plus, he needs to get more years in the league before he says something like that and disrespects the players."

Rasmus suffered a reduction in playing time coinciding with the July 3 arrival of Jon Jay from Triple-A Memphis, and his most recent trade request apparently came when the Cardinals were playing a series in Chicago in late July.

That was his second request, following one during the 2009 season.

Though neither of those happened recently, Pujols, saying it is a "privilege" to play for the Cardinals, was not happy when he learned about them.

"To play in this organization, just behind the Yankees in World Series [titles], to play in the postseason almost every year, it's pretty special," Pujols said. "I have nothing negative to say about this organization. And for a young kid to come up and say that he wants to be somewhere else, I don't know why.

"I guess he said it two months ago. Two months ago, we were in first place. If he doesn't want to be on a team that's in first place battling for a spot in the playoffs. ... He was young, but you need to approach that in a different way."

The best part about not playing Rasmus is that they become a shittier team when doing it. But they gotta give the kid a TEACHING MOMENT. He just doesn't RESPECT THE GAME.

If Pujols was benched (which would admittedly be monumentally dumber than benching Rasmus), he'd raise a fit, too. Fucking hypocritical Abe Vigoda

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2407 on: October 08, 2010, 08:07:05 PM »
JABE RUCE = EPIC REDS FAIL.

ROFFLE.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2408 on: October 08, 2010, 08:11:18 PM »
AROTFLIS CHAPMAN!!!!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2409 on: November 17, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »
The mouth of a Cardinals fan: nearly as rancid as the NL Central.

QuoteSt. Louis is the town with the worst teeth, the most dentally challenged in the land.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2410 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:11 AM »
Ryan Theriot.

A Cardinal.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

pisomojado8

• Chocolate Salty Balls
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #2411 on: December 04, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2412 on: December 04, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
Quote from: pisomojado8 on December 04, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
Fat Lance.  A Cardinal.  WTF?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5884287

This is excellent news.

QuoteThe Cardinals have an opening in right field after using a combination of younger players there last season, but Mozeliak said Saturday that Matt Holliday has volunteered twice to move to right if it would help the team. That could put Berkman in left field, a more familiar position for him.

That's one atrocious fucking outfield.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 04, 2010, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: pisomojado8 on December 04, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
Fat Lance.  A Cardinal.  WTF?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5884287

This is excellent news.

QuoteThe Cardinals have an opening in right field after using a combination of younger players there last season, but Mozeliak said Saturday that Matt Holliday has volunteered twice to move to right if it would help the team. That could put Berkman in left field, a more familiar position for him.

That's one atrocious fucking outfield.

I wouldn't laugh yet, though.  They somehow managed to win a World Series with Dave Duncan's retarded manchild patrolling one of those outfield spots.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2414 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »
Heard on Sporting News Radio a couple minutes ago that the Brewers traded for Greinke. Gave up 4 prospects for him