News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,946 )

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »
How long until Scott Spezio moves into the Tards' starting rotation? Maybe they're waiting until they implode first. I wonder when that will be? Maybe after they start losing by two touchdowns. Last night they were right in it til the end. A touchdown, a 2pt conversion and a field goal ties that game. With Bulger, Bruce and Jackson, they're never really out of a game. So that's gotta make them feel better.

I love this thread.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2007, 09:13:37 AM »
Oh and Sammy hit a grand slam against the Reds last night. I missed it because I was outside barbecuing pork chops. But that game was on here and the Reds announcers were very complimentary of Sammy even prior to the slam. They showed clips of his 500th at GAB and with 599 coming last night and another dose or two of Reds pitching on tap it's looking like 600 will happen in that dump too. Nice. Because Reds fans hate Sammy. Yay.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 16, 2007, 09:10:36 AM
How long until Scott Spezio moves into the Tards' starting rotation? Maybe they're waiting until they implode first. I wonder when that will be? Maybe after they start losing by two touchdowns. Last night they were right in it til the end. A touchdown, a 2pt conversion and a field goal ties that game. With Bulger, Bruce and Jackson, they're never really out of a game. So that's gotta make them feel better.

I love this thread.

14-3!!!???  BWAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

What a way to wake up. Ahhh, please let the Cubs win again today.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2007, 09:58:49 AM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 16, 2007, 09:37:44 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on June 16, 2007, 09:10:36 AM

I love this thread.

14-3!!!???  BWAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

What a way to wake up. Ahhh, please let the Cubs win again today.

And the Twins. I had hoped that the Twins would sweep the Brewers, but 2 out of 3 would be very nice.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »
The Twins aren't very good this year. I haven't watched enough of them to know why but something isn't working.

Intrepid Reader: Lou

"What the hell do ya think isn't working!"

I don't know. I haven't been watching their damn games. Saw them pwn the Sox a couple times but hell, even the Pirates can do that.

I love this thread.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »
The Cards should call up that Dan Haren kid from their minor league system to help their pitching.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2007, 10:14:51 AM »
Quote from: EG on June 16, 2007, 10:11:54 AM
The Cards should call up that Dan Haren kid from their minor league system to help their pitching.

+ Twenty-five thousand, five hundred and twenty one point six, seven-seven-seven-seven-seven-seven-.......................

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »
On a completely unrelated note, those orange and black hats the Orioles wear with the cursive "O's" on them, are fucking ghey.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2007, 10:51:20 AM »
Speaking of O, don't miss this week's SI article on Omar Minaya. It starts a little slow, but is worth reading to the end.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/06/12/minaya0618/
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 16, 2007, 10:09:37 AM
The Twins aren't very good this year. I haven't watched enough of them to know why but something isn't working.

Intrepid Reader: Lou

"What the hell do ya think isn't working!"

I don't know. I haven't been watching their damn games. Saw them pwn the Sox a couple times but hell, even the Pirates can do that.

I love this thread.

No Liriano puts that rotation in disarray after Santana, who has been getting NO run support.  Plus, they were Mauer-less for definitely a few games.  I think they'll stay competitive, but I can't see them winning the Central this year.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Well, Looper, Edmonds and Eckstein all just went on the DL.

That can't hurt.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 18, 2007, 05:07:37 PM

That can't hurt.

And despite all that, here are the Cardinals; not fucked, not imploding. However do they do it?

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 18, 2007, 05:20:54 PM
Quote from: Slaky! on June 18, 2007, 05:07:37 PM

That can't hurt.

And despite all that, here are the Cardinals; not f@#$ed, not imploding. However do they do it?

If Dusty was running that show, he'd cancel the season after their injuries. No holy water can help.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
The Brewers look to be back on the winning track again. They are beating the Giants 6-0 in the second inning. Ah well, it was nice to think, for a while, that the Cubs had a chance this year.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on June 19, 2007, 07:46:35 PM
The Brewers look to be back on the winning track again. They are beating the Giants 6-0 in the second inning. Ah well, it was nice to think, for a while, that the Cubs had a chance this year.

They did pretty well against the Tigers and Twins, which is impressive and now they get the Giants, who have totally given up on baseball this year. They are HORRID.