News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bonertastic Sploogemungous Mark DeRosa Thread  ( 26,333 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bonertastic Sploogemungous Mark DeRosa Thread
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:16:55 AM »
76 for 261

.291/.365/.452

7 HR, 17 2B, 49 RBI

49 K, 30 BB

Games at :
1B : 6
2B : 45
3B : 22
SS : 1
RF : 10
PH : 4

Errors : 5

Okay, hands up, who saw this coming?  Not me, that's for sure - but De Rosa has been nothing short of rock solid all year.  His defense has been surpirsingly good, too, and his range is very respectable.  By comparison with his predecessor in the role, he's been a huge bonus, if only because he shuts up once in a while.  He also seems to be a good team guy - I've noticed him cheerleading in the dugout on more than one occasion and his reaction when he came back from the crapper to find out that Big Z had gone deep was priceless.

I heartiily positive Mark DeRosa.  Anybody else?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bonertastic Sploogemungous Mark DeRosa Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:33:20 AM »
This is just bonertastic sploogemungous. 

Count me in.  DeRosa is just another one of those guys I knew would play for the Cubs at some point in their careers (Jeff Blauser, Rondell White, Cliff Floyd, Greg Maddux Part II, Steve Effing Buchele).  Those guys are hit and miss.  Some more miss (Buchele, Phil Nevin when he wasn't trading himself, Gary Gaetti after he died) than hit (Gary Gaetti before he died, Nomar before he died).  Lets hope DeRosa remains a hit. 

I was always a DeRo fan, but I didn't want to admit it because some of the pub he got around here at times.  But now, because of this bonertastic sploogemungous thread, I can, as the kids say nowadays, say "teh f[size=0pt] [/size] uck" with it and proudly pronounce myself a Ponderosa guy. 

When he goes on a 11 for 78 stretch in August, I'm gonna quote this post in all strikeout line.  Like this.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 05:19:02 AM »
Quote from: SD on July 09, 2007, 04:33:20 AM
I was always a DeRo fan, but I didn't want to admit it because some of the pub he got around here at times. 

SD is a fat chick.

Pass it on.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:24:07 AM »
I'm on the DeRosa bandwagon.

Can he catch? He's certainly played every other position capably enough.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 09, 2007, 07:24:07 AM
I'm on the DeRosa bandwagon.

Can he catch? He's certainly played every other position capably enough.

For a while I was just happy that he wasn't DBF. When they signed him, I didn't really get all the negative shot his way. It was all this gheyness about how he was going to block Theriot and other kack. Fuck that. The guy's a utility player extraordinaire who saved the season during Rammy's injury. Really. He really did.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
The reason this works is because Lou uses him properly.  Dusty would have put at second and left him there "because a dude's got to get comfortable, dude."

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 09:23:40 AM »
What I don't understand is why they don't let him play SS. He came up as a SS and has something like 140 games big league experience at the position. Would solve one problem. Then you can platoon Dance Fever and Little Lord Fontenot at 2B, works for me. Get the RH bat for RF during the break, and the lineup looks set for awhile.

CF--Jones/Pagan platoon
RF--Floyd/new guy platoon
2B--Theriot/Fontenot platoon
SS--DeRosa

Why wouldn't this work? Then, if you can dump Jones somewhere, you always have Pie waiting to play. If Floyd continues to miss time now and then with nagging aches and pains, you can occasionally use Ward out there.
RETIRED

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »
And to think I wanted to get some old fashioned hate going for this guy early on...he was the only one who wasn't asleep during yesterday's ticklefest of a ballgame.

DeRosa has been solid.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on July 09, 2007, 09:23:40 AM
What I don't understand is why they don't let him play SS. He came up as a SS and has something like 140 games big league experience at the position. Would solve one problem. Then you can platoon Dance Fever and Little Lord Fontenot at 2B, works for me. Get the RH bat for RF during the break, and the lineup looks set for awhile.

I don't know what's going on, but you've made a lot of sense lately.

GreatWhiteHope7

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:38:03 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 09, 2007, 04:16:55 AM
76 for 261

.291/.365/.452

7 HR, 17 2B, 49 RBI

49 K, 30 BB

Games at :

Okay, hands up, who saw this coming?  Not me, that's for sure - but De Rosa has been nothing short of rock solid all year.  His defense has been surpirsingly good, too, and his range is very respectable.  By comparison with his predecessor in the role, he's been a huge bonus, if only because he shuts up once in a while.  He also seems to be a good team guy - I've noticed him cheerleading in the dugout on more than one occasion and his reaction when he came back from the crapper to find out that Big Z had gone deep was priceless.

Yes. He's like Bizzaro Neifi.
"Can you die from lyme disease?"

"No, you can't die from lyme disease, well, unless you have lyme disease and you get hit by a car."

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 09:40:43 AM »
Quote from: GreatWhiteHope7 on July 09, 2007, 09:38:03 AM
76 for 261

.291/.365/.452

7 HR, 17 2B, 49 RBI

49 K, 30 BB

Games at :

So, he's on downers?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:09 AM »
Len & Bob mentioned yesterday that DeRosa has also pitched. So he could be in the starting rotation after the ASB.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2007, 09:49:09 AM
Len & Bob mentioned yesterday that DeRosa has also pitched. So he could be in the starting rotation after the ASB.

Since the Worthless Sack of Cellulite known as "Scott Eyre" only pitches in blowouts, making DeRosa the 12th pitcher would give Lou more roster flexibility.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 09:53:05 AM »
Quote from: CT II on July 09, 2007, 09:40:43 AM
Quote from: GreatWhiteHope7 on July 09, 2007, 09:38:03 AM
76 for 261

.291/.365/.452

7 HR, 17 2B, 49 RBI

49 K, 30 BB

Games at :

So, he's on downers?

then we'd have sleeping, low-flying bookends in the clubhouse.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 11:09:44 AM »
This is pretty much what he did when he was playing here with the Rangers. I'm not surprised and I'm glad the folks who wanted to hate him when he got to Chicago are rethinking that. He's the kind of player Dusty thought Neifi was. In other words, he's a legit major league utility guy.