News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)  ( 91,890 )

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm hoping to derail BC's pain train before it leaves the station, so I did a bunch of laptop science to make some predraft rankings. I'm taking Heath Bell with my first pick, and I'm not looking back. It's science.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 15, 2008, 12:42:06 PM
I'm hoping to derail BC's pain train before it leaves the station, so I did a bunch of laptop science to make some predraft rankings. I'm taking Heath Bell with my first pick, and I'm not looking back. It's science.

Science? Good luck with that, nerd. I hear BC is going to use intelligent design to draft his team. There's no way you can beat that. The word intelligent is right in the name.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: Three times a JD on March 15, 2008, 12:29:10 PM
Quote from: butthead on March 15, 2008, 11:26:42 AM
Quote from: PTanner on March 15, 2008, 07:26:41 AM
Quote from: butthead on March 14, 2008, 11:00:54 PM
As a casual observer to this league I am rooting for two outcomes. One, BC dominates. His attempts at trash talk should be very entertaining. Two, BC finishes in dead last, so the trash talk will be even more entertaining.

I have a feeling beating BC in anything is about as satisfying as beating Peter Dinklage in basketball.

True, but that doesn't mean he can't be reminded how easy it was to beat him. And there is a chance that BC pulls it out too. About the same chance that Peter Dinklage is the next Mugsy Bogues, but there is a chance.

I'm figurin' that BC's gonna put loads more time into this league than anyone else.  But will that help?  Probably.  He should be ashamed if he loses to me.  I don't really know too much about baseball.

I have a job now, so instead of 16 hours a day I'm only going to be able to put in maybe 10 minutes a day at this point.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on March 15, 2008, 02:19:02 PM
As a casual observer to this league I am rooting for two outcomes. One, BC dominates. His attempts at trash talk should be very entertaining. Two, BC finishes in dead last, so the trash talk will be even more entertaining.

I have a feeling beating BC in anything is about as satisfying as beating Peter Dinklage in basketball.

True, but that doesn't mean he can't be reminded how easy it was to beat him. And there is a chance that BC pulls it out too. About the same chance that Peter Dinklage is the next Mugsy Bogues, but there is a chance.

I'm figurin' that BC's gonna put loads more time into this league than anyone else.  But will that help?  Probably.  He should be ashamed if he loses to me.  I don't really know too much about baseball.

I have a job now, so instead of 16 hours a day I'm only going to be able to put in maybe 10 minutes a day at this point.

You've been posting less, which is great, so ...

Actually, that's it.  You're posting less, and it's great.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Less than 90 minutes till the draft, ogdenolis!

Quote from: EG on March 15, 2008, 04:36:16 PM

IT IS NOT GREAT

We all sleep easier, knowing that there is a BC running around out there, maintaining the earthly balance of the cosmos.  We all sleep easier.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Simmer on March 16, 2008, 11:13:28 AM
Less than 90 minutes till the draft, ogdenolis!

Quote from: EG on March 15, 2008, 04:36:16 PM

IT IS NOT GREAT

We all sleep easier, knowing that there is a BC running around out there, maintaining the earthly balance of the cosmos.  We all sleep easier.

Whatever, man. Out of sight, out of mind.

45 minutes, Oglethorpes.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm already logged in to the draft appellate. Where is you?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Did we ever figure out who the following teams are?:

BB's Mustache Riders
Bad Kermit's Team
Dusty's Douchebags
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
My team is teh McStiff.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Simmer on March 16, 2008, 12:14:31 PM

Bad Kermit's Team = Pre

Identified'd.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Simmer on March 16, 2008, 12:14:31 PM

Dusty's Douchebags

Managed by "generaldrake"...

RedBeard?

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 16, 2008, 03:03:30 PM
My team is teh McStiff.

Way to laptop science it, though.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Don't drink and draft.  Like me.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
A few gems I snagged from the draft:

A perfect, fitting start to the Desipio Draft.

Kermit explaining his pick of Chris Young, the Padre.

I had to be self-serving for a moment, just because so many of my picks got sniped, and this is the one that I actually got to make.  I also have to note that I'm real surprised at how many Cubs I ended up with.

BC bringing "teh heat".  I don't recall seeing him swear like that before!

Thrillho's comment I thought was funny enough, but the accompany'ing shoe talk made it a keeper.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on March 16, 2008, 03:10:59 PM
Don't drink and draft.  Like me.

Is there any other way to do it?  I should have just continued my pre-draft drinking and let Yahoo pick for me.  Couldn't have been much worse.