News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Which roid monsters would you vote into the Hall of Fame

Jack Morris
Jeff Bagwell
Lee Smith
Tim Raines
Alan Trammel
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Larry Walker
Mark McGwire
Don Mattingly
Dale Murphy
Rafael Palmeiro
Bernie Williams
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Mike Piazza
Curt Schilling
Kenny Lofton
Craig Biggio
Sammy Sosa
David Wells
Steve Finley
Julio Franco
Reggie Sanders
Shawn Green
Jeff Cirillo
Woody Williams
Rondell White
Ryan Klesko
Aaron Sele
Roberto Hernandez
Royce Clayton
Jeff Conine
Mike Stanton
Sandy Alomar
Jose Mesa
Todd Walker

Voting closed: January 07, 2013, 12:21:04 PM

Author Topic: BALCO Client List or 2013 HOF Ballot?  ( 4,736 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: BALCO Client List or 2013 HOF Ballot?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »

I just figure Sosa will get in after everyone else, then show up and say "welcome to my house".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 09, 2013, 03:23:18 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 09, 2013, 02:22:13 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 09, 2013, 01:46:14 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 09, 2013, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: Tonker on January 09, 2013, 01:33:06 PM
Quote from: morpheus on January 09, 2013, 01:20:11 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0110-baseball-hall-of-fame--20130110,0,3682541.story

The Beege, Morris and possibly Bagwell will all go in next year.  Piazza will get in eventually, but Raines might not.  Bonds, McGwire, Clemens et al are going to need a sea change, and Sosa (12.5%?  Holy shit.) clearly isn't ever, ever going to Cooperstown.

This process is exhausting and stupid. I hate it. Will it ever change?

Well, not having a living player (or at least a player who played over the past 50 years) get inducted certainly hurts tourism and HOF revenue. Next year probably.

I'd be both surprised and shocked.

No. After two years of not getting the revenue jolt and becoming irrelevant during the course of the baseball season, the HOF board will want to change who votes, the threshold the criteria, whatever.

Those are the Hall of Fame inductees by year since 1971. The only two years the writers failed to elect someone, the Veterans at least inducted Satchel Paige (in 1971 when he was still alive) and then Jim Bunning and Earl Weaver. So even when the writers don't let anyone in, they get one of the most-quoted baseball players of all time, a well-known player from the 60s that wound up launching a political career, and a talkative and popular former manager. This year: nothing. Do the living HOFers even show? Does anyone care?

Give it another year, and they'll rectify it.

Maddux and Glavine are eligible next year. Maddux will get in, for sure, with near 100%. It won't 100%, of course, because some shitstain like Bill Conlin will make it his duty to make sure no one ever gets selected unanimously.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »
Forgot about Maddux. I also forgot about the candidacy of Joe Borowski.

2015: Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz, Gary Sheffield
2016: Ken Griffey Jr., Lassie, Billy Wagner, Trevor Hoffman
2017: Pudge Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero, Jorge Posada, Magglio Ordonez

Guessing Maddux, Glavine, Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz, Junior, Hoffman and Posada all get in. Biggio, Raines, Bagwell, Lee Smith and Schilling all get in. Over the next couple years, who will you have? Mariano Rivera, Jeter, Thome. By then, I imagine Clemens and Bonds get in.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 09, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
Forgot about Maddux. I also forgot about the candidacy of Joe Borowski.

2015: Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz, Gary Sheffield
2016: Ken Griffey Jr., Lassie, Billy Wagner, Trevor Hoffman
2017: Pudge Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero, Jorge Posada, Magglio Ordonez

Guessing Maddux, Glavine, Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz, Junior, Hoffman and Posada all get in. Biggio, Raines, Bagwell, Lee Smith and Schilling all get in. Over the next couple years, who will you have? Mariano Rivera, Jeter, Thome. By then, I imagine Clemens and Bonds get in.

A-Rod will be the one who opens the door for juicers.

And Sweet Weeping Christ, don't let Posada go in before Piazza.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on January 09, 2013, 06:56:39 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0110-baseball-hall-of-fame--20130110,0,3682541.story

The Beege, Morris and possibly Bagwell will all go in next year.  Piazza will get in eventually, but Raines might not.  Bonds, McGwire, Clemens et al are going to need a sea change, and Sosa (12.5%?  Holy shit.) clearly isn't ever, ever going to Cooperstown.

Well, not having a living player (or at least a player who played over the past 50 years) get inducted certainly hurts tourism and HOF revenue. Next year probably.

No. After two years of not getting the revenue jolt and becoming irrelevant during the course of the baseball season, the HOF board will want to change who votes, the threshold the criteria, whatever.

Those are the Hall of Fame inductees by year since 1971. The only two years the writers failed to elect someone, the Veterans at least inducted Satchel Paige (in 1971 when he was still alive) and then Jim Bunning and Earl Weaver. So even when the writers don't let anyone in, they get one of the most-quoted baseball players of all time, a well-known player from the 60s that wound up launching a political career, and a talkative and popular former manager. This year: nothing. Do the living HOFers even show? Does anyone care?

Maddux and Glavine are eligible next year. Maddux will get in, for sure, with near 100%. It won't 100%, of course, because some shitstain like Bill Conlin will make it his duty to make sure no one ever gets selected unanimously.

Conlin will also make it his duty to please that underage booty.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »

Not a bad article, if you have the time to read it.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/112264-why-has-there-never-been-a-unanimous-selection-to-the-baseball-hall-of-fame
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:08 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 10, 2013, 02:15:10 PM

Not a bad article, if you have the time to read it.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/112264-why-has-there-never-been-a-unanimous-selection-to-the-baseball-hall-of-fame

You lost me at "bleacherreport."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?