News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,110 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 03, 2008, 06:29:33 PM
RT flights from Minny to Chicago are at $800

Through MSP?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »
Quote from: PTanner on August 03, 2008, 09:04:51 AM
Quote from: TJ on August 03, 2008, 08:30:22 AM
OK, we're 7 days away. What building are we in, are we just on a guest list or do we have actual tickets, what time can we show up, and what do we need to know?

TJ, I'm glad you asked. Let me answer your questions one by one...

1) Brixen Ivy, 1044 W. Waveland

2) There is a guest list. I have everyone's real names, and they will be at the door.

3) 6:35 is when they start letting us in.

4) We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!ed.

Excellent. Now, who wants to meet somewhere several blocks from the ballpark for pregame around 5:30?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
Quote from: TJ on August 03, 2008, 07:52:39 PM
OK, we're 7 days away. What building are we in, are we just on a guest list or do we have actual tickets, what time can we show up, and what do we need to know?

2) There is a guest list. I have everyone's real names, and they will be at the door.

Excellent. Now, who wants to meet somewhere several blocks from the ballpark for pregame around 5:30?

Do I even have to write, "I'm in," or is that just assumed?

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »
It's assumed.

Guthrie's?
Cullen's?
D'Agostino's?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
I would think that Morans would be the place
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2008, 10:06:37 PM »
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 03, 2008, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 03, 2008, 07:42:12 PM
Through MSP?

Aye.

Same-day turn?  NWA.com is showing $139 base for not too crazy late Saturday/early Monday itineraries.  I'm a bit weary to dig up the fare basis, and probably should not have resuscitated this long-dormant hobby.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 03, 2008, 10:23:19 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 03, 2008, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 03, 2008, 07:42:12 PM
Through MSP?

Aye.

Same-day turn?  NWA.com is showing $139 base for not too crazy late Saturday/early Monday itineraries.  I'm a bit weary to dig up the fare basis, and probably should not have resuscitated this long-dormant hobby.

Looks like the $800 fare is if you want to fly in to and out of the same airport. If you go through NWA and are game to fly in to Midway and out of O'Hare, you can get a ticket for about what Tonks quoted.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=c93&r=47&z=c94&r=48&lastPage=interstitial

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »

On another note, anyone up for some sort of get-together on Saturday night as well, so all the morans who can't make the game can participate in dwarf-tossing Oleg some of the weekend's festivities?
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:56 AM »
Is it worth $316 to come back to Chicago for the weekend and attend the rooftop game?  Plus whatever getting hammered with all of you Saturday night would run?  I'm kinda thinking yes.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on August 03, 2008, 11:38:18 PM

On another note, anyone up for some sort of get-together on Saturday night as well, so all the morans who can't make the game can participate in dwarf-tossing Oleg some of the weekend's festivities?

I've got playoffs for a softball league I'd rather not even play in on Sunday, but I can't back out of it, so I won't make the rooftop game.  But I'll be downtown on Saturday, so I'll gladly join you guys on the curb across from whatever establishment you would be attending.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

I've got playoffs for a softball league I'd rather not even play in on Sunday, but I can't back out of it, so I won't make the rooftop game.  But I'll be downtown on Saturday, so I'll gladly join you guys on the curb across from whatever establishment you would be attending.

Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2008, 12:15:20 AM

I wonder what Weebs is up to this Sunday.

Do we need to reserve a curb?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2008, 05:07:23 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on August 04, 2008, 12:26:27 AM
Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

Quote from: Weebs on August 04, 2008, 12:15:20 AM

I wonder what Weebs is up to this Sunday.

Do we need to reserve a curb?

Do you think he has some sort of thing he's doing?  Who plays in a Sunday night softball league?  Get your ass to the rooftop you Nancy.  And bring "Bill".
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2008, 05:08:24 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 03, 2008, 08:03:50 PM
Quote from: TJ on August 03, 2008, 07:52:39 PM

Do I even have to write, "I'm in," or is that just assumed?

Bernie's?  Let's get some pre-game tail before we head upstairs.  Come on Oleg!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's make it rain up in that biatch
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2008, 08:06:56 AM »

I guess this weekend will officially be Moran-fest.  It'll be like Hawks-fest, but with fewer concussions.   Unless Hawk will be there, in which case, someone just might get concussed.  I have a feeling I may have something going on Saturday night, but I can weasel out of it.  It's not like I'm married.  Just tell where and when and I'm there.

Quote from: TDubbs on August 04, 2008, 05:08:24 AM
Bernie's?  Let's get some pre-game tail before we head upstairs.  Come on Oleg!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's make it rain up in that biatch

Tipster liked him some of that older (not quite cougar-y) tail mouth, huh?  Bernie's before a Sunday night game may be a bit crowded.  Especially since we're looking at 20 folks or so in our group (35 or so to the game, minus a couple who are too cool to join us beforehand).  I like TJ's suggestion of Guthrie's since they have that back room where we can all meet.  Moran's is a natural choice, but, that'll probably be packed as well.  Keep in mind, the douche factor will be high what with all the red (and not the good commie-red) running around.  Again, I'm up for whatever.