News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,654 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #765 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
So anyway, ignoring the people that don't want the best basketball player in the world on their favorite team, why do I feel like this Calipari/LeBron/Rose group sounds legit?

Doesn't it make too much sense? If LeBron agrees to sign with the Bulls given they'll hire Cal how do they not do this? It's an unbelievable opportunity.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »

James/Rose/Cal makes perfect sense, and given the Bulls' current supporting cast, they'd immediately become a championship contender.

So why do I not see this happening?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: May 14, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »
SI's Chris Mannix reporting Mike Brown fired.

There are denials though.

Wonder which LeBron family member they'll hire.

Also, I'm not going to let myself get excited anymore about LeBron on the Bulls, until it happens.

Or at least until the next rumor.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2010, 07:27:19 AM
Just in case you expected anything different.

QuoteA week after Vinny Del Negro was fired, the Bulls' coaching search is proceeding at a leisurely pace with no resolution -- or a scheduled interview -- on the immediate horizon.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2254072,CST-SPT-bull10.article

Does this mean that Rod Marinelli is going to be the next coach of the Bulls?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 14, 2010, 02:00:04 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2010, 07:27:19 AM
Just in case you expected anything different.

QuoteA week after Vinny Del Negro was fired, the Bulls' coaching search is proceeding at a leisurely pace with no resolution -- or a scheduled interview -- on the immediate horizon.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2254072,CST-SPT-bull10.article

Does this mean that Rod Marinelli is going to be the next coach of the Bulls?

I wonder if SKO has his Mo Cheeks tirade on ice filling the space previously occupied by his Mike Martz manifesto.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: May 14, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »
TPD.

Simmons spent much of the article on questions about LeBron's drive and comparing him to Dr. J, but then...

If he cares about winning titles (multiple) and reaching his full potential as a player, he only has one move: the Chicago Bulls. That's always been the play. If you've been listening to my podcast or reading this column, you know that I've been touting this possibility since last winter, and here's why: Deep down, I think LeBron (and just as important, the people around him) realizes that he needs one more kick-ass player to make his life easier. That means Miami or Chicago. And really, I can't imagine him signing with Miami because Wade is almost too good. LeBron wants help, but he doesn't want to be perceived as riding someone else's coattails, either. Dwyane Wade might be the best player alive for all we know -- he certainly was in 2006, and he's been banged-up and trapped on bad teams ever since.

No, Chicago makes more sense. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah proved that they were warriors these past two springs. They could be his Pippen/Grant or McHale/DJ. Easily. Rose could take the creative load off LeBron on nights that he doesn't have it. Rose could come through a few times in the clutch. Rose could hide some of LeBron's faults. It's the single smartest basketball move for LeBron James. It's the Michael Corleone move.

I'm doing an awesome job with the "pretend like nothing's happening" thing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:43 PM »
Quote from: Bill Simmons
If he cares about winning titles (multiple) and reaching his full potential as a player, he only has one move: the Chicago Bulls.

Simmons is right, though.  The Knicks don't make sense because their roster is such a mess.  The Nets have a good 1-2 punch in Harris and Lopez to rival Rose and Noah, but that's all.  Also, they're the Nets.  The Clippers are a running joke.  Cleveland has no room to improve their roster in the coming years, so I think that's over.

Miami would be the only other place that makes sense from a basketball perspective. 

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #773 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 14, 2010, 01:46:54 PM

James/Rose/Cal makes perfect sense, and given the Bulls' current supporting cast, they'd immediately become a championship contender.

So why do I not see this happening?
Because Jerry Reinsdorf owns the bulls?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: May 14, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: May 14, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
So, I read that Dirk actually has an out clause in his contract as well this year (this offseason).

Meaning that choices are (potentially):
LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Dirk
Amare
Boozer
Johnson

Missing anyone?

Figure Dirk probably doesn't opt out, but if LeBron doesn't come, there are certainly worse options.

Just figured there were better things to talk about than the team that can't beat the Pirates.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: May 14, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: May 14, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #778 on: May 14, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 14, 2010, 03:49:20 PM
I think this makes Lebron to the Bulls a lock.

http://wcwpsports.blogspot.com/2010/05/west-sleeping-with-lebrons-mom-reason.html
What if the mom wants him to stay in Cleveland with West?  What happens then? 

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »